Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169777 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #720 on: June 07, 2013, 03:49:43 pm »

"Jicoovster-senapi If you didn't think the day ended in ten minutes, when did you think it would end? Tiruin-sama's tieing the vote wouldn't have mattered if the day had been scheduled to end in 24 hours, because several people hadn't made up their minds yet, and yet you made a point of warning her of what she had done. From that statement I assume that you knew when the day was going to end."

Hours, but only a few. Enough time for other people to sort out the tie, since I was, as I will repeat again until it finally gets through your goshdarned thick fudging skull, off doing other things.

"Jim-san, this, at least, is something we can agree on. I for one hate school day that last forever. But if you're so opposed then why don't you oppose extension?"

Not liking extensions is one thing, but actively opposing them is another. I'm not going to get in the way of people who want an extension, even though I personally despise them.

Lenglon has caught Jim out on another blatant lie. He said that he is paying attention to the end of the day, and yet he "didn't know when the day ended.". This stream of lies is unconsionable, and he needs to hang like the scum he is.

Amusing hyperbole.

"Jim knew that the day was ending, but did not know the exact time away from the deadline when he posted, two notions that are almost certainly entirely incompatible. Therefore, he liessssssss."

Solifuge: Remember how you were building a case? Here we are at the deadline again and you've disappeared! It's like you were full of hot air this whole time.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 07, 2013, 03:58:27 pm »

Lenglon stares at Vecoovster for several seconds before speaking
"Fine."
Unvote
Deathsword
"I still dont like your actions, but your explanation holds up, if only just barely. I don't consider you clear, but Deathsword-senpai is still worse in my opinion."

"Soli-senpai, you've gone missing on us. Please, come out from whereever you are and keep your promises!"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 07, 2013, 04:11:05 pm »

"Jim-san, this, at least, is something we can agree on. I for one hate school day that last forever. But if you're so opposed then why don't you oppose extension?"

Not liking extensions is one thing, but actively opposing them is another. I'm not going to get in the way of people who want an extension, even though I personally despise them.

I just realized this part of my post could be read that I personally despise the people who request extensions. No, that's not the case.

I don't like extensions but I recognize that others need them, and getting in their way is a huge jerkwad move.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 07, 2013, 04:37:26 pm »

Griff: there's a logical falicy in your assumption about me. if my goal was pure survival, wouldn't I have been better off voting for Nerjin as soon as you made this post:
Lenglon:
So what happens if (when) I vote for you?  Would you vote for Nerjin last minute to create a no-lynch scenario?
Why, in your mind, did I fail to vote for Nerjin right after you made that post, or vote for Nerjin when Tiruin unvoted?
Actually, I don't think your goal is pure survival.  It's very similar though.  I think your goal as scum would be to force a no-lynch scenario and survive another day in order to make town waste a day.  With this reasoning, it's apparent that you had motive to wait till the last second.  If you forced a no-lynch scenario earlier, it might of been resolved before the day end.  Thus, it would be better to wait until the last second in order to stop people from rectifying the tied votes.  When I asked you what you would do in that situation, you would obviously be truthful about it.  At least by warning people what you are willing to do to to stay alive, you'd avoid straight out lying, which would get you lynched immediately.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 07, 2013, 04:42:18 pm »

Oops, presses post instead of Preview.  Ah well, here's the rest of my post that I have to to write.
Ranger:  OMGUS maybe?  Why did you immediately FoS Shinigami for disagreeing with your argument?  Does that immediately make her scum?
Also, apparently Cap. Ford addressed pretty much everything I was going too.

Everyone, how are we going to solve the problem with Lenglon and Nerjin having tied votes again?

Gotta go.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 07, 2013, 04:58:49 pm »

Griff: how is what you are insisting would have been the right thing to do different from a self-vote? either one would have been putting effort into making sure of my own death.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 07, 2013, 05:22:11 pm »

Griff: how is what you are insisting would have been the right thing to do different from a self-vote? either one would have been putting effort into making sure of my own death.
They would probably of accomplished the same thing in effect.  Voting for yourself merely makes it more likely that you'll be lynched.  Why'd you ask this question?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 07, 2013, 05:25:02 pm »

because I was under the impression that you should never self-vote because a no-lynch is better than a confirmed-town-lynch, and you can confirm youself as town.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 07, 2013, 05:46:55 pm »

And self-voting is bad.  No-Lynching in a way that makes you look even more scummy, and therefore wastes a day for town, is worse.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 07, 2013, 05:49:24 pm »

because I was under the impression that you should never self-vote because a no-lynch is better than a confirmed-town-lynch, and you can confirm youself as town.
But, if you're town, you couldn't have been certain Nerjin was town, so why didn't you vote for him?

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 07, 2013, 05:54:46 pm »

Pup- That was a response to you earlier on about the tie conditions and what-not.
-My opinion of the vote-fest is to be said best... disbeliefe. I don't fully understand all of the nuances involved with the whole affair. Everyone is saying Nerjin looks town now but I disagree. Maybe a little bit but posting so rapidly in succession seems odd to me and people do odd things under pressure. They also typed small "reaction" posts instead of normal posts so there was no chance to notice an actual slip up when they were under such pressure.
-I will have time when I will have time. I am very busy right now and I can only put out content when I am capable. I will try my best however.
-When I say Lenglon is scum hunting well (this goes for everyone, not just this one case) I mean she is trying hard and using tactics to try to weed out scum. I do believe deathsword has a large chance of being scum but I have not been focusing on his posts and content so I don't have a solid read.
-I actually signed up for this game way before. Before anything else in fact. I actually joined BM XL to have enough experience to qualify for this game. I got so busy playing one game I hardly had enough time to post and I wanted to play this game so I decided to commit here instead of BM XLI.

-Just a note here. I am a dude for future reference. (insinuated by the title King). I will respond to posts to me as a female but just so ya know. It doesn't really matter anyway seeing as when I play video games or D&D I'm generally a female badass of sorts.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 07, 2013, 05:56:43 pm »

I'll be in and out today due to internet.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 07, 2013, 06:01:15 pm »

Because I didn't have a real case on him? I was in a lose-lose situation from my viewpoint, either i'm scum because I vote for him without a real case, or i'm scum because i suicide. I was, and still am, certain deathsword is scum, so i left my vote on him as long as I could. I asked for input, and the only input I got was that I was scum for even considering each option. shockingly enough, when put in a lose-lose situation, I lose.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 07, 2013, 06:28:47 pm »

"But Lenglon-kun, it's not 'scummy' to vote for the other student when you're in a tie-break situation and there's a possibility they could be a bully. Would you act differently knowing what you know now?"

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 07, 2013, 06:33:31 pm »

I asked for input, and the only input I got was that I was scum for even considering each option.
Umm... Nope.  It was pretty obvious that you'd made up your mind about what to do.  You never said "I don't know" or "I'm not sure but..."  Your decision to vote Nerjin if it would cause you to remain alive was made in a definitive statement stating what you'd do, never asking for input.  You were scum for deciding that course of action, not because you asked for advice or were considering it.  Maybe I"m mistaken though.  Please cite the places that you ask for specific input on that decision.  Posts where you were considering actions that were as of yet undecided would be helpful too.

Shinigami_King: 
You said what you'd do, but you never said whether it was scummy or not.  If you could, that'd be great.
How would they posting reaction posts make it hard to spot slip ups?  I would think that their first reaction would be more telling then posts that they get to take their times with.
Also, respond to this.
Quick post. Ranger. I feel that is dumb. He can not be voted. Something that he did hint at a while ago however is that there is a catch, as in, the state he is currently in will be lost after a day or so  many posts. In the end, I feel like it is getting way to close to the end of the day to just be speculating on what fords role is. To me you just look like you are role fishing. Now stop doing pointless posts and votes like that and do something productive. What you just did made you suddenly huge jump from confirmed town to neutral.
Why on earth were you regarding Ranger as confirmed town?
NQT:
"But Lenglon-kun, it's not 'scummy' to vote for the other student when you're in a tie-break situation and there's a possibility they could be a bully. Would you act differently knowing what you know now?"
But it wasn't really a tie-break situation.  It was more of a save-your-own-skin-by-causing-a-no-lynch situation.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 100