Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169891 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #690 on: June 07, 2013, 04:23:59 am »

"Jicoovster-senapi If you didn't think the day ended in ten minutes, when did you think it would end? Tiruin-sama's tieing the vote wouldn't have mattered if the day had been scheduled to end in 24 hours, because several people hadn't made up their minds yet, and yet you made a point of warning her of what she had done. From that statement I assume that you knew when the day was going to end."

Lenglon
Nerjin: I think I understand why you have multiple people voting for you now, Is there any reason for me not to join in?
Your first RPless post and you manage to say what is likely the single scummiest thing this game. You're asking a person there is a bandwagon on and on whom you don't have any case why you shouldn't join on the bandwagon. Simultaneously, you manage to combine extreme laziness, passive agressiveness, OMGUS and baseless voting into one ultra-scummy sentence. That's... I have no words.
(OOC, just for you.)
bah, that only holds true if I'd actually voted for him.
I'm picking a bit of cordiality between you two. Why did you ask him that question in that certain way?
"I am not sure whether the him in your question refers to Nerjin-senpai or Dariush-senpai. If you are refering to Dariush-senpai then I dont understand the question. If you are referring to Nerjin-senpai then I think I answered your question already in the following quotes." and out comes the tape recorder again.
-snip-
-snip-
"In summary, I asked Nerjin-senpai a vague question that implied I was going to vote for him because I wanted to see if he would react by defending against whatever accusations were weighing most heavily on his mind."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 07, 2013, 10:36:51 am »

Unvote
Shinigami_King:  I'll wait for your post today to respond to everything you've said, but I have a few more questions that I want you to answer in your next post.
Remember to respond with your opinion about screwing the town over with a no-lynch to save your own skin.
What's your opinion on the "vote-fest" that happened?
When will you have time to actually post?
Since Lenglon is apparently scumhunting well, he must be finding scum, right?  Do you think Deathsword, the only person Lenglon has pressured in depth so far, is scum?
Why did you join this game at the same time you left the BM for being too busy? (this question doesn't really relate to this game, but I want to know)
Lenglon:
In my reread, I found this little gem.  Kudos for Leafsnail catching this.
You never responded to this that I can see.
by doing this, he set HIMSELF up to be lynched instead of having there be a no-lynch.

it was followed by other people voting for him, so he shifted his vote back to me, but by doing this, he was making a sacrifice play, at a time that we didn't expect the day to be extended, and it was the single towniest thing i've seen all game. Before this sequence of events, my view of nerjin was null to lean scum, it is now strong town.
This is great.  By your own logic, what you did (tried to force a no lynch rather than a lynch on yourself) is not a townie thing to do.
Elaborating on Leafsnail's point, you opinion is that Nerjin is now town because he set himself up to be lynched instead of having there be a no-lynch.  You did the exact opposite.  You bandwagon voted the person with the next most votes to save your own skin, causing a no-lynch scenario.  By your own logic, you did the opposite of the "single towniest thing all game" by doing the single scummiest thing I've seen all game.  And now I do believe that you're scum.  Apparently when there's an imminent threat of being lynched, you resort to making

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 07, 2013, 11:43:20 am »

Vecooster: 2. Nothing bad can come from it so I see no reason not to speculate. Toony has also been hinting at this with the house system and that fact that we can visit other houses as well.

3. Although Nerjin is currently being more helpful now, his actions previous i still find scummy. Your the least likely to agree with me about anything though so trying to convincing you is a waste of time.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 07, 2013, 11:47:15 am »

Apparently when there's an imminent threat of being lynched, you resort to making
Making what?

zombie urist
ZU: You're missing out on a lot--I'm guessing its due to activity, what's your idea on the current situation?
Sometimes it feels like Lenglon's playing an entirely different game.  ???
Really? That's it? That's your whole idea on the current situation at the time of your post there?
As an added question: What game is she playing?
Well that's the bare-bones simplification. Lenglon doesn't seem to grasp the concepts and the vocabulary of the game (active-lurking, wifom, etc)
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 07, 2013, 11:51:49 am »

Yo.  I'll be switching back in for myself at the end of this Day.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 07, 2013, 11:57:06 am »

Sorry.  Ignore the last sentence to my post.  I was going to add another point, but I decided to see her response first.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 07, 2013, 11:58:22 am »

Yo.  I'll be switching back in for myself at the end of this Day.
Can we still say Vecooster?
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 07, 2013, 12:02:05 pm »

I... I guess?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 07, 2013, 12:02:45 pm »

"I already said why I did what I did Griff-san, Leafsnail-senpai. It is strange that you assume that because I consdier what Nerjin did a towntell what I did would be a scumtell by my own logic. First of all, my goal is for town to win, not to try to maintain a squeeky clean image. Secondly, I viewed my choice of actions as a nulltell. It would have been townier to make a sacrifice play, but I was of the opinion the town would benefit more from a no-lynch, so I went with what I thought would would benefit the town more, not with what would make me look better."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 07, 2013, 12:38:52 pm »

Lenglon:
What motivation other then self-preservation is there to no-lynch a vote at the last minute?
The fact that you were on the top scum pick the first day BEFORE you did this scummy action means that it's highly unlikely that after such an action that you'd be able to convince anyone the following day to not lynch you.  This would result in a wasted day for Town, and you still being lynched.  If your goal really is for town to win, what logic went through your head that made you think that you had any chance to prove to be less scummy after these actions?  After all, if you're not trying to improve your image, which apparently you're not, you'll still look just as scummy as before.

You're right about Nerjin doing a very townish thing.  What if someone immediately counteracted Nerjin's attempt to create a lynch.  Would you see that as scummy?

Will you try to tie the vote again tonight by voting Nerjin?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 07, 2013, 12:41:53 pm »

PFP so quoting is hard

Lenglon has caught Jim out on another blatant lie. He said that he is paying attention to the end of the day, and yet he "didn't know when the day ended.". This stream of lies is unconsionable, and he needs to hang like the scum he is.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 07, 2013, 12:48:53 pm »

Okay, UNVOTE while i do some rereading. If i don't find something to the contrary, or someone scummier, my vote will go back Nerjin.
[/quote]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 07, 2013, 12:52:23 pm »

"That's another deceptive set of questions Griff-san. The reason I thought a day 1 no-lynch would be more beneficial than a day 1 town-lynch was that I think we have a lot of power roles among us. specifically I think that every single person here has a power role of some kind. This large cluster of power roles is something that I think favors a long game for the town. I did not think my choice of actions would make me look more townie, I simply did not care. This is why I did what I did, and why I almost went ahead and tied the vote again, despite Nerjin-senpai's wishes, which he proved himself to be town. Tonight? I have no intention of voting Nerjin-senpai under any circumstances tonight, short of him confessing to being scum. If that choice leads to my demise, so be it. In the meantime, Deathsword-senpai is still scum, there's just no point in questioning someone who isn't there. I'm currently suspicious of Vecooster-senpai, and am waiting for his response to my last question. If his response is unsatisfactory, then I plan to leave my vote on him through the lynch, unless enough votes land on Deathsword-senpai that he could be lynched, in which case I will switch it back."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 07, 2013, 01:04:51 pm »

I believe Deathsword completely answered your question. What specifically do you think he missed?

My quoted accusation had three parts:

Deathsword, speaking of nitpicking, I noticed that you didn't even address this question from Tiruin:
Deathsword: What do you think of how Lenglon is working on her targets? Is there any scummy motive to her posts in relation to them?
You also took until today to even remotely address my lurking accusation to you. Why are you being so careful to nitpick what little details you think will compliment your arguments best, and not answering anything that seems inconvenient at the time?
I believe the answer to Tiruin's question is within that wall of text, even if I haven't specifically pointed it out. As for your second accusation, I have been busy. Extremely so. I'm swamped in tests, hard ones. I even had one today. So I simply cannot be posting at all times. If you can (and it seems that way), good for you. I can't.

1)Deathsword didn't address the quoted question from Tiruin. (he did address a question from tiruin, but not the quoted one, the quoted one is not answered in his wall of text, despite his claim. I do agree that he addressed this question, even though his statement was wrong)
It is, even if you do not wish to accept it.

and finally the part he didn't answer:
3)
Why are you being so careful to nitpick what little details you think will compliment your arguments best, and not answering anything that seems inconvenient at the time?
this was ignored completely.
[/quote]
I didn't answer this because it is a stupid question, as I have not nitpicked, despite your claims otherwise.

he also ignored my question about why he listed NQT as lurking and the more drawn-out nitpicking accusation in the large post above my small ones.
I actually had forgotten who had asked this question, but here's the answer: I did not list NQT because he was lurking. I was asked to list passive-agressive players. He was one.

In your little list, there is something I'd like to point out:
Deathsword is scum.
Deathsword has not asked a single question since his first post of the game, during the very start of the RVS phase.
Deathsword voted on a target of opportunity, using other people's arguments, and none of his own, including old nonsensical ones.
Deathsword is not answering all the questions asked of him.
Deathsword has used borderline lurking behavior in the past to hide when he is scum.
Deathsword is currently using borderline lurking behavior.
Deathsword has posted six times, three of those contain no content, one is an opening RVS post.
Deathsword has taken quotes out of context.
Deathsword set off my instincts on a large scale, and I should trust my instincts.
I bolded one of the lines. You claim my post count is low. It indeed is low. But those posts you haven't mentioned? They have a lot of content. Convenient that you would ignore that, isn't it? And isn't it ironic you accuse me of the very same things you do? As for the lack of questions, I don't require them right now with the ammount of content available.

Dariush pointed this out:
Nerjin: I think I understand why you have multiple people voting for you now, Is there any reason for me not to join in?
Your first RPless post and you manage to say what is likely the single scummiest thing this game. You're asking a person there is a bandwagon on and on whom you don't have any case why you shouldn't join on the bandwagon. Simultaneously, you manage to combine extreme laziness, passive agressiveness, OMGUS and baseless voting into one ultra-scummy sentence. That's... I have no words.
Being Dariush, people mostly ignored it, but indeed it is scummy. Why? It means you do not care about who you are voting for or who gets lynched as long as it is not you. There is even more evidence to support this in the next paragraph.

Then came that last-minute voting spree. A no-lynch does not benefit town in any setup, with some very (very) few exceptions. This is not one of them. But that is not what made it a scum move. Proposing a no-lynch and voting for one is pretty much null. Trying to make a tie to save your own skin is scummy. A lot. A whole fucking lot. I cannot stress this enough.

@Deathsword

1. Why didn't you get on Shinigami more about misquoting you?

2. Have your views on Lenglon changed?

3. How do you feel about all the other players and why?

1. I believed, and still do, that it was just a mistake

2. Only from "scum" to "100% scum"

3. NQT makes a lot of weak attacks and pops in and out without doing any actual thing. PotL is absent and hasn't increased the quantity of content per post to compensate for that. Solifuge keeps promising to build cases and such but instead is nowhere to be seen.

My read on Lenglon- The body of this can wait until tomorrow for when I get out of school, that will be before the lynch and I will have the entire afternoon off. For now I'll summarize my thoughts.
-I lie meta. I think it's cool to be able to know what to expect before even staring and using those inconsistencies as a method to scum hunt. Lenglon has been acting normally. That entire busyness with the last minute votes... well I'm still confused.
-Lenglon, disregarding her meta, is still a town read to me.
      a. Because she seems to actively be looking for scum
      b. She seems to do a relatively decent job at scumhunting
      c. She hasn't really dropped any major scumtells in my oppinion
So tying the vote to save your own skin at the town's expense is completely acceptable and you would do it if in a similar position?

Deathsword
Lenglon, you are awefuly defensive when it comes to Tiruin. Why are you buddying up to her? She can easily defend herself.
This is quite frankly pathetic. The only time I defended Tiruin-sama in any way was when Jim-chan was being hurtful to her and wasn't even trying to scumhunt in the process. I haven't touched a single scumhunting-related accusation. I just plain don't like it when people are abusive jerks to each other. I have no intention of letting people be needlessly hurtful, period. I was quite clear on that at the time, and this entire accusation is quite frankly stupid.
One could argue that by calling more agressive people jerks and abusive, you are being a jerk yourself. You are being quite harsh in your accusations of me being scum. But being a jerk is hardly scummy, nor is hipocrisy (as I said earlier). The point is that if Tiruin felt bothered by another player's attitute, she could easily handle that herself, instead of having someone look like her friend and defend her.
What is 'being quite harsh' on her accusations to you mean? Do you feel that she's trying to set you up or something? Seems that you're bothered by Lenglon's strikes at you to point this out without any expounding on the matter.
"being quite harsh on her accusations" means exactly that. Literally what I typed. I feel she was (and is) taking things extremely personal as if it was an attack on her person and that she had to retaliate.

You stated
Once more appeals to emotion and attempts to discredit me. Also, why not just say "I disagree" (as some have said, before you accuse me of "regurgitating") instead of making some great block of text in which you say exactly the same thing in a round-about and emotionally-infused way? It could be a slip. It could be a smokescreen. Either way, it looks wierd and suspicious.
In regard to when you called her out for fluffy posts. You did not quote or link said fluffy posts along with their context and theoretical use. Why didn't you?

Also, that note to me here invokes testimonials (or...opinions from other people as the idea I'm aiming for). I don't want that.
I was somewhat more irritated than usual due to real-life events, but the links in one of those posts would have been the same, even if I had provided them outside a quote.

While I do get that you seemingly answered me question
Deathsword, speaking of nitpicking, I noticed that you didn't even address this question from Tiruin:
Deathsword: What do you think of how Lenglon is working on her targets? Is there any scummy motive to her posts in relation to them?
You also took until today to even remotely address my lurking accusation to you. Why are you being so careful to nitpick what little details you think will compliment your arguments best, and not answering anything that seems inconvenient at the time?
I believe the answer to Tiruin's question is within that wall of text, even if I haven't specifically pointed it out. As for your second accusation, I have been busy. Extremely so. I'm swamped in tests, hard ones. I even had one today. So I simply cannot be posting at all times. If you can (and it seems that way), good for you. I can't.
I want a straight answer. Not something to be connected or pulled out of context.
Lenglon is concerned with saving herself. She puts herself before the town and her "hunting" reflects that. She attacks on the tiniest little bullshit reasons such as "nitpicking" (adressed above) and others. The ammount of fluff in her posts has decreased admirably, but the ammount of scumtells has increased as well.
[/quote]

Also:
That's another deceptive set of questions Griff-san. The reason I thought a day 1 no-lynch would be more beneficial than a day 1 town-lynch was that I think we have a lot of power roles among us. specifically I think that every single person here has a power role of some kind. This large cluster of power roles is something that I think favors a long game for the town. I did not think my choice of actions would make me look more townie, I simply did not care. This is why I did what I did, and why I almost went ahead and tied the vote again, despite Nerjin-senpai's wishes, which he proved himself to be town. Tonight? I have no intention of voting Nerjin-senpai under any circumstances tonight, short of him confessing to being scum. If that choice leads to my demise, so be it. In the meantime, Deathsword-senpai is still scum, there's just no point in questioning someone who isn't there. I'm currently suspicious of Vecooster-senpai, and am waiting for his response to my last question. If his response is unsatisfactory, then I plan to leave my vote on him through the lynch, unless enough votes land on Deathsword-senpai that he could be lynched, in which case I will switch it back.
Bolded part: You can ask me as many questions as you like and I will answer them. I have been consistently answering questions, trying to claim otherwise is pure bovine fecal matter.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 07, 2013, 01:10:43 pm »

Testing the waters to see how people will react when they find out your alignment, are we?
"Ah, Phantom-san, I was actually intending to reply to this, thanks for reminding me. We can be pretty certain from how the set up has been explained that there are benign third-parties. I'm not claiming to be of such an alignment, but it had surprised me that no else was talking about the possibility. Sometimes we can focus too much on bullies and ignore other school-relevant factors."

Everybody has a goshdarned stiffie over extensions.

I hate extensions. Hating extensions is my thing. This is an old hatred, extending back years. They slow the game down and I am impatient. If I request an extension, it's because I personally do not have enough time to play, I haven't gotten a good enough read on the game to make a solid decision, I want to hear from somebody who's been inactive, or, on occasion, I'm being nice.
"Jim-san, this, at least, is something we can agree on. I for one hate school day that last forever. But if you're so opposed then why don't you oppose extension?"

"Vector-san, what do you think to the claims your split-personality has been making?"

Why are you asking this? How do you think house placement (or people placement) makes or has an effect here? I'm seeing it mostly as flavor.
Bully picks is all you're asking of him? Is all you've got after noticing all that on him? Uh huh. Why picks?

Why picks, at this time?
"Tiruin-sama, if you think house placements are incidental to the bullying at this school, then I think you are willfully ignoring the central place they've occupy in the rules. Do you think Toony-senpai is asking us where we want to sleep at night just for fun? I'm asking Dariush-yōgisha for some content because thus far we have got nothing but whining."

#[NQT] looks around the class at the tired students assembled.

"Thank you everyone who returned a questionnaire. We now know the following things:
  • Tonight most of use are going to sleep around friend's houses.
  • Some students appear to be soft-claiming abilities that depend on what house they are in.
  • There is a consensus that we shouldn't claim shadows.
  • Most people think the houses are important, Tiruin-sama doesn't seem to.
  • Some people think the scum will target houses, some people think they can infallible target people, others suspect a Death Note type scenario.
  • Some students are dismissive of the questionnaire-- perhaps because they are afraid of us sharing knowledge?

"When we know a little bit more tomorrow, we can compare what people claimed to think would happen with what actually did happen.

"If there's any questions I've missed then please say! Or any new things-- I'll be around until the end of the day!"  :D
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 100