Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169817 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #660 on: June 06, 2013, 11:48:53 am »

WoT
Do you get hard-ons from disassembling everything into little snippets and covering them in a layer of commenting so thick that the result becomes completely pointless and unreadable? You've done it in #547, you've done it in #655, you've done it in #659. WTF, srsly.

Because, according to Solifuge, I am the worst player to have in any mafia game ever. I got bitter. I think I'll keep it there.
Hey, no need to get so worked up. You're definitely not the worst player ever. Assuming that we exclude those people who only played BMs, that honour easily goes to Wuba, Zrk2 and Tolyk being runner-ups. You qualify only as fourth worst player, tops. More likely even fifth (how could I forget about NQT...). See, absolutely no problem about that. Relax.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 06, 2013, 11:51:34 am »

WoT
Do you get hard-ons from disassembling everything into little snippets and covering them in a layer of commenting so thick that the result becomes completely pointless and unreadable? You've done it in #547, you've done it in #655, you've done it in #659. WTF, srsly.

It helps me get everything straight. But if it offends you I can exclude my notes and such for your case.

Quote from: The Same Post
Because, according to Solifuge, I am the worst player to have in any mafia game ever. I got bitter. I think I'll keep it there.
Hey, no need to get so worked up. You're definitely not the worst player ever. Assuming that we exclude those people who only played BMs, that honour easily goes to Wuba, Zrk2 and Tolyk being runner-ups. You qualify only as fourth worst player, tops. More likely even fifth (how could I forget about NQT...). See, absolutely no problem about that. Relax.

That... That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. I'm honestly pretty damn touched.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 06, 2013, 11:55:36 am »

WoT

It helps me get everything straight. But if it offends you I can exclude my notes and such for your case.
"Um, please do include your notes. It helps me understand how you go about hunting for scum better. I'm... kinda taking notes on how you take notes."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 06, 2013, 11:57:34 am »

WoT

"Um, please do include your notes. It helps me understand how you go about hunting for scum better. I'm... kinda taking notes on how you take notes."

I'm not the best person to look at for Scum-hunting tips. I'm pretty much a newb to the forum. I'd ask Jim. Maybe one of the old-hats. They'll steer you better.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 06, 2013, 12:37:18 pm »

Regarding Dariush

He's pretty... Himself... I'm getting a null-tell off him honestly. He spends a lot of time ranting about Pictures and Roleplay. Though he stated early on that he'd devote more time to Great Temple now that it's over I expect activity from him to increase in quality and quanity.

However one thing sticks out to me pretty hard.

He constantly gets on Solifuge about the cat picture. So much so that he has kept a vote on Solifuge for that exact reason. However:

He gets on Lenglon several times things that are actual Scumtells

So I have some questions Dariush

1. Why are you voting Solifuge over Lenglon when you have noted several scum-tells on her that are much more worrisome than a cat picture?

2. What are you reads so far? Who do you think the scum-team is?

3. Now that Great Temple is over with do you plan on devoting more time to this game?

[[Note: As per request I have excluded note on Dariush. Future reads will have notes again unless people really think I should just leave them out.]]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 06, 2013, 01:00:42 pm »

(Make that sixth: I was a better player in Mafia and Masons than you Dariush...)

#[NQT] looks a the tired students assembled in the classrooms after hours.

"Dariush-yōgisha, all you have done all day is loudly insult people while other people massage your ego by saying that it's okay, that's just Dari-chan's way of talking, but from what I've seen you've yet to make a coherent case. How about some bully picks?"

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 06, 2013, 01:30:05 pm »

"Toaster-san, I can see Vecooster-san's point that with less than two days to the deadline, a pressure vote was not appropriate (and it's something I'll bear in mind for future), but I for one would never base a lynching case solely on those grounds-- especially when there are far more egregious mistakes being made by others, and some students have failed to make any kind of coherent case."
What other egregious mistakes?

Everyone else is varying shades of gray or I just haven't gotten time to analyze yet.
Be more specific please.

Unvote
Lenglon
What happened here?

Toony: votecount?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 06, 2013, 01:40:00 pm »

He gets on Lenglon several times things that are actual Scumtells
The first quote wasn't even addressed to Lenglon. Much good your threadcombing did you.
1. Why are you voting Solifuge over Lenglon when you have noted several scum-tells on her that are much more worrisome than a cat picture?
Because Lenglon's inexperience negatively affects the clarity of all my alignment-reads on her while Solifuge switched out of 'intentionally making unreadable posts while not saying absolutely anything useful, solid or making a case on anyone' mode and into 'alternately lurking and making shitty excuses' mode, and there's no guarantee he won't switch back.
2. What are you reads so far? Who do you think the scum-team is?
I never make assumptions about scumteam this early. My suspects are, roughly in descending order: Solifuge, you, NQT, Lenglon, Ford.
3. Now that Great Temple is over with do you plan on devoting more time to this game?
No, I'm planning to lurk my ass off. Why do you ask?
[[Note: As per request I have excluded note on Dariush. Future reads will have notes again unless people really think I should just leave them out.]]
Your sacrifice shall not be forgotten.

Ah, whom am I kidding. I already forgot it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 06, 2013, 01:45:53 pm »

Toony: votecount?
Okay.

Vote Count:

(1)Vecooster - Toaster
(0)Griffion -
(0)Leafsnail -
(0)Captain Ford -
(0)Toaster -
(0)Tiruin -
(0)Dariush -
(1)Zombie Urist - Notquitethere
(0)Phantom of the Library -
(1)Shinigami_King - Griffion
(0)RangerCado -
(1)Deathsword - Lenglon
(2)Notquitethere - Vecooster, Zombie Urist
(3)Lenglon - Leafsnail, Deathsword, Nerjin
(1)Solifuge - Dariush
(4)Nerjin - Phantom of the Library, Shinigami_King, RangerCado, Tiruin

(2)Not Voting: Captain Ford, Solifuge

Day 1 will last until Friday, 6/7 at 11 PM EST.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 06, 2013, 01:46:23 pm »

No, the first one wasn't addressed to Lenglon however it DID address an issue you had with her very clearly so I used that one instead.

1. Fair enough.

2.  Also understandable.

3. No reason. Was just wondering if you planned to be helpful right away or if you were gonna wow us later.

4. That's okay, I forget about me too.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 06, 2013, 03:56:45 pm »

Your sacrifice shall not be forgotten.

Ah, whom am I kidding. I already forgot it.
"Dont make me hug you again mister."

"Vecoovster-senpai, after reviewing last night's events, I noticed that you took no part in it, but spoke both just before and just after they took place. you did not attempt to extend, you left your vote on NQT-senpai, and yet you were there for that entire sequence of events. Why did you stand on the sidelines and do nothing?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 06, 2013, 05:06:02 pm »

@Griffinpup Why exactly are you voting Shinigami? It seems to me that by your definition that Lenglon has acted FAR more scummy.

Your case on Shinigami seems to boil down to his use of "Meta-Tells" from incomplete games unrelated to this one. However you ALSO say that voting to save yourself at the expense of town is really scummy and Lenglon does that. You actually voted her for this reason during that whole "Super-Vote Time" and then you changed your vote for no stated reason. Understandable as it was late. If you would be so kind as to elaborate on your vote that'd be dandy.
Your first question is easy.  I want Shinigami to answer my questions.  If he does adequately, I will turn my attention to someone else.  If he doesn't, I'll lynch the lazy piece of scum. 

I changed my vote back to Shinigami because he still hasn't answered my questions.

To everyone:  Apparently voting to save yourself at the expense of town isn't seen as scummy by everyone.  If you haven't expressed an opinion on this subject yet could you do so? Also, express your reasoning behind your conclusion.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 06, 2013, 07:28:11 pm »

I don't think Nerjin's reaction to votes on him make sense from a scum perspective.  However
prewritten in case of only literally having seconds to spare, but i'm only voting to tie, not to lynch. I'm just sitting here spamming preview and watching the clock.
Lenglon is mafia and I'm kindof baffled that anyone saw him as more town following this event.

by doing this, he set HIMSELF up to be lynched instead of having there be a no-lynch.

it was followed by other people voting for him, so he shifted his vote back to me, but by doing this, he was making a sacrifice play, at a time that we didn't expect the day to be extended, and it was the single towniest thing i've seen all game. Before this sequence of events, my view of nerjin was null to lean scum, it is now strong town.
This is great.  By your own logic, what you did (tried to force a no lynch rather than a lynch on yourself) is not a townie thing to do.

Also, allow me to cite the OP:

3. I frown on mass-claiming early on.  I'll try to develop a system where mass-claiming D1 won't work but there's nothing I can do to stop players besides frown and maybe penalize them.  Don't do it.
I've been thinking about this, and I've come to the conclusion that there's a good chance of a Death Note (kills someone if you can match their name to their appearance) being in this game (I seem to remember having a conversation about how to stop early massclaims with Toony aaaages ago).  So probably not a good idea to silhouette claim.

You're answering a completely different question. Which ones are most/least valid, not favorite.
My favourite is my favourite because it is the most valid.  My least favourite is my least favourite because it is the least valid.

Leafsnail: I am sorry that I was stupid enough to admit to what I thought you were doing. not much else I can say on the matter.
Huh?

(Just a quick thing before i get back to finishing Social Studies. There has to be some underlining meaning to Nerjin's constant stating of "Worse mafia player ever." I detect him Jokering us into annoyance so we vote him out... or last ditch mafia play)
I strongly suspect that it's a roleplaying thing.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 06, 2013, 08:06:27 pm »

I am on here and I am keeping up to date. I should (key word should) be able to post after my concert tonight. I should be back around 9 PM PST but I don't have any big speech planned out or anything. I'll try to elaborate on my feelings towards Lenglon, Nerjin and if I have time, some other people. See you guys then.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 06, 2013, 08:14:26 pm »

You should probably respond to me too, shinigami_King.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 100