Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169983 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #585 on: June 05, 2013, 07:15:34 pm »

yes, because I know I am not scum, and a no-lynch is better than a town-lynch.

I don't want to have to do that.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 05, 2013, 07:42:18 pm »

(Okay, i'm going to be leaving in a minute and will be getting back right at the lynch time so lets see if i can complete this thought process)

"Nerjin-san, Heres my reasons for voting you. Your searching has been abysmal, your reasons for voting Lenglon-san aren't anywhere near good, (their similar to what i was doing as a test so i know what i'm talking about) and you've yet to show anything that would discourage my lynch vote on you, other than making it seem you want to leave. (Joker style) I thought you might shape up but you haven't at all."
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 05, 2013, 08:20:52 pm »

My personal opinion is that it is not the responsibility of the lynchee to ensure they get lynched. Anything and everything they do to save themselves is justified. However, there are also times where the flip could be of benefit to the town, and it takes a level of maturity to recognize that.

I don't think this is one of those situations, though.

Unrelated: Lenglon's behavior so far this game reminds me a heckuva lot of Quadressence. She was attacked for her heavy roleplaying and reacted pretty much the same way. I also don't feel any need to defend her, so I think she's town.

ToonyMan: So wait. Everyone has sleepovers these days with the lights off? Or is this like sneaking into each other's rooms after bedtime and without our parent's approval?

It sounds more like the second. And if so I love the fact that people will let just anyone in through their bedroom window these days.

I've been getting some questions because of my lack of foresight clarity so I should make an amendment to the rules.  (This should be okay because Night hasn't started yet).
GENERAL RULES:
1. Game starts at D1 and players can vote who to kick out of school.
2. During Nights players choose which house they want to go to, or if they prefer to stay home for the night.  Some characters have abilities or special actions depending on who if anybody is with them.
3. At the start nobody knows whose house is whose except their own (or their groups if they're informed).  When visiting a house they selected that player will be able to tell whose house it is now and what gender that player is (as long as something else doesn't screw with them).
4. Players will not know who's with them unless they're by themselves in which case they'll know they're by themselves (baring special cases).
5. Not every player starts with a house, some may live with others or not have one.
6. A kicked out, harassed/bullied away, dead, or won player's house cannot be entered anymore.
4a. Players will however, see the silhouettes of the players with them in that house.  This is excluding special circumstances.  In other words they'll have a general perspective and head count.  Again, excluding special circumstances.  During the first Night everyone will know which one is their silhouette by then.
You should probably add this change to the rules. And it would be great if these rules were added to the OP, or maybe just to Reply #217 because it's kind of hard to refer to them when they're at the bottom of Reply #216.

zombie urist:
WTF is going on?
Unvote
Extend
Why did you unvote Lenglon?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 05, 2013, 08:25:35 pm »

yes, because I know I am not scum, and a no-lynch is better than a town-lynch.

I don't want to have to do that.
Wow.  That comes off as super scummy to me.  Scum has huge motivation to do this, and town has less.  If you were scum, you would definitely employ this strategy, at least prolonging your own lynching by a day and wasting one of towns' days to catch the rest of the scum.  If you are town, it would have much the same effect.  You would probably be able to delay your lynching for at least a day, and make the town waste a day in the process.  The result would be a town lynch AND a no-lynch.  Either of these are less destructive then both together.  What I see in this statement is you saying that you value yourself over the town as a whole.  There'd be no reason to do so unless you were scum.
I have a hypothetical for you.  Let's say you make us no-lynch today because you vote Nerjin, and tie the votes.  The next day, you're about to be lynched.  Would you attempt to tie up the votes then again?  Would you no-lynch your way to a lynch or lose scenario just so you don't get lynched yourself?  Your reasoning is destructive and the practice of it and reasoning like it would likely lead to the downfall of this town.

RangerCado:  I think that Nerjin-san isn't scum, but merely, as he said, a very bad player.  You are right in what you say about him, but do these really come off as scumtells to you?  They just look like someone who's lazy regardless of whether they're scum or not.  I've played a game with Nerjin, and he acted much the same as he's doing right now. 

Captain Ford:  I recognize your point about the lynchee not ensuring that they get lynched, but avoiding being lynched by voting someone else that you don't even think is scum is absolutely scummy, in my opinion.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 05, 2013, 08:37:55 pm »

Why did you unvote Lenglon?
I don't think she's scum anymore.

ToonyMan: So wait. Everyone has sleepovers these days with the lights off? Or is this like sneaking into each other's rooms after bedtime and without our parent's approval?
It sounds more like the second. And if so I love the fact that people will let just anyone in through their bedroom window these days.
Its a game. >_> I for one am totally ok with sneaking into girls houses at night.

Never use this color. Never ever. Also use darkling.

"Zombie-senapi: could you please tell me what you think of Deathsword-senpai, and where I have mistepped in making my case against him? well, beyond the mistake of losing my temper last period. that was shameful."
He's on the scummier side of the spectrum, but not by that much. I can believe he's busy. I don't really agree with the other points.

I will vote before the day's end
You're running out of time...

Toaster: Your case on Jim is... kinda hilarious.

Captain Ford:  I recognize your point about the lynchee not ensuring that they get lynched, but avoiding being lynched by voting someone else that you don't even think is scum is absolutely scummy, in my opinion.
I disagree. I think thats a null tell if anything.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 05, 2013, 08:46:15 pm »

Let's say you make us no-lynch today because you vote Nerjin, and tie the votes.  The next day, you're about to be lynched.  Would you attempt to tie up the votes then again? Would you no-lynch your way to a lynch or lose scenario just so you don't get lynched yourself?  Your reasoning is destructive and the practice of it and reasoning like it would likely lead to the downfall of this town.
"I cannot honestly respond to this because the answer is affected by my role."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 05, 2013, 08:49:43 pm »

"Oh, ugh. Um, sorry..looks like I've dozed off too much..err, just give me some moments and I'll probably catch up. Didn't get too much sleep before first day though, vacation and all that..erg. Sorry.."

I am currently having net problems at the moment {Concussive force + power supply = x_x } so excuse my absence..Will try to scratch up a post meanwhile, if possible. At a public comshop.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 05, 2013, 08:59:10 pm »

Never use this color. Never ever. Also use darkling.
I think you missed the humor of my post.  I chose something hard to read intentionally.  And I do use darkling.  Also, you really don't like elaborating, do you zombie urist?  In none of your points that actually involve this game did you actually explain your statements. 
Spoiler: Your Post (click to show/hide)
You don't think she's scum anymore?  Nothing more at all to add?  You wouldn't happen to have any reasons on why your opinion changed, would you?
You don't address why DS is scummy.
Apparently Toaster's case is hilarous, but who knows why?
And finally, you think it's a scumtell, but don't explain why.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 05, 2013, 09:30:44 pm »

...Ok, dear gods, I really can't squeeze about 8 pages in normal forum format into these 1 hour times I'm having right now. Extend. Unvote. Would try my best to be back in the next couple of days but regardless, having net problems here.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 05, 2013, 09:49:55 pm »

No time to make a really serious post, but Tiruin, if I'm counting everything correctly, you tied the vote with that unvote.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 05, 2013, 09:51:58 pm »

>_> No really. When does the day end? Was it recently extended?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 05, 2013, 09:52:59 pm »

day ends in 8 mins, i'm watching the votes like a hawk right now, with a up-to-date list of where the votes are.

yes, you tied the vote.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 05, 2013, 09:54:50 pm »

Shit I though the day ended tomorrow...

Extend I haven't had time.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 05, 2013, 09:55:52 pm »

Don't extends give two extra days of time?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 05, 2013, 09:56:57 pm »

we're at 3/8 for extend, lynch vote is tied, my vote is currently still on deathsword.

Day 1 will last until Wednesday, 6/5 at 11 PM EST.

4 mins left
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 100