Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90653 times)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.
« Reply #765 on: December 11, 2014, 08:10:27 pm »

TBH, I think when From was acquired by Kadokawa, they were gutted.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 11, 2014, 10:23:57 pm »

I sort of wish they'd just go ahead and give the DX11 update out to the PC users for free.  I can understand the re-release with the increased graphics for the consoles, new generation and whatnot, but it's a blatant cash-grab on the PC users behalf.  They're already giving us the new content as a snazzy update patch, why do they insist on yanking more money out of us?

I agree if only because I don't want to see the servers split, there's no reason to shrink their community by doing that.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 13, 2015, 02:44:59 am »

Is anyone still playing? I just got back into DS2 and started a new character. Managed to get past Iron Keep and reach level ~85 in a couple of days. Running a pvp-centric character who is essentially a scary-looking ninja gent. He can go powerstanced poison rapier +8 - poison falcon +7 or run a raw claymore. He's fun to play. Now I have to do the gutter though. Ugh. I fucking hate undead citizens... the little exploding fuckers.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 13, 2015, 10:43:19 am »

I still play - just not as much as I used to. But that's because I'm getting into Planetside 2.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 13, 2015, 01:10:08 pm »

I still occasionally play and am still as terrible as always. I've started again as a sorcerer and that made things about 50000000x easier. I really don't know if I'll be getting scholar of the first sin though. I don't feel like I'm running out of content and the changes seem moderately small for what it is.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 13, 2015, 01:16:51 pm »

I still occasionally play and am still as terrible as always. I've started again as a sorcerer and that made things about 50000000x easier. I really don't know if I'll be getting scholar of the first sin though. I don't feel like I'm running out of content and the changes seem moderately small for what it is.

I love that about dark souls. You get pretty far in to the game and do awesome things after dying a bajillion times and then your reminded that you still have another half of the game to go... and then pvp 4 dayz!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 13, 2015, 01:18:09 pm »

They un-nerfed lightning spear yet?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 13, 2015, 11:01:57 pm »

I tried to get back into it when the last-gen Scholar of the first Sin patched dropped, but then I found out that it just added a new ending and a half-assed attempt at fixing PvP through a ring. I might be tempted to get the new ending, but that would require fighting the ng+ Throne Guardians. A lengthy battle of attrition where a single misstep means death and sends me back behind that annoying King's Gate? No thanks. Who the hell thought putting a door that requires you to equip a ring and stand around for five minutes right before a triple bossfight was a good idea anyway?

If I feel the urge to play a Souls game, I'll play the original Dark Souls. The online may not be quite as active, but I generally get more enjoyment out of it, and so far it's never gotten stale.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 13, 2015, 11:05:56 pm »

I tried to get back into it when the last-gen Scholar of the first Sin patched dropped, but then I found out that it just added a new ending and a half-assed attempt at fixing PvP through a ring. I might be tempted to get the new ending, but that would require fighting the ng+ Throne Guardians. A lengthy battle of attrition where a single misstep means death and sends me back behind that annoying King's Gate? No thanks. Who the hell thought putting a door that requires you to equip a ring and stand around for five minutes right before a triple bossfight was a good idea anyway?

If I feel the urge to play a Souls game, I'll play the original Dark Souls. The online may not be quite as active, but I generally get more enjoyment out of it, and so far it's never gotten stale.

I enjoy DS2 pvp more, it seems to be quicker paced with less focus on ultra-greatswords and superheavy armor.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 14, 2015, 12:24:34 am »

Well I was never all that into PvP, so I don't have much to say about that. It's nice to fight a real person every once in a while, especially if someone managed to organize a big event, but it was never a major draw of the series for me.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 14, 2015, 03:27:41 am »

I might be in the minority, but I much prefer DS2 (although I haven't completed either). Interestingly, I know quite a few people that HATED DS1, but really enjoyed 2. I sorta can't quite understand why that is, other than that perhaps the learning curve is less steep with 2.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 14, 2015, 03:45:11 am »

I might be in the minority, but I much prefer DS2 (although I haven't completed either). Interestingly, I know quite a few people that HATED DS1, but really enjoyed 2. I sorta can't quite understand why that is, other than that perhaps the learning curve is less steep with 2.

DS2 has way more conveniences than DS1. You can teleport past obnoxious places rather than having to fight through them. Vendors are centralized. Progression is less byzantine. You're not getting completely reamed by the boss in your first real level.

DS2 is just generally a more accessible game. (DS1's world is far superior though, to me. I haven't finished either but I sort of feel more compelled to finish DS1 than DS2. I didn't even hit a difficulty wall per se in DS2 (stopped at the Smelter Demon battle) I just ran out of interest.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 13, 2015, 05:22:56 am »

Why is it that the enemies are so janky in this (judging by videos)? Is it just down to extensive animations being too time-consuming/expensive for a range of enemies, or a design choice? I'd much prefer one fluid reactive enemy to ninety locked-in robots.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 14, 2015, 04:11:14 pm »

Why is it that the enemies are so janky in this (judging by videos)? Is it just down to extensive animations being too time-consuming/expensive for a range of enemies, or a design choice? I'd much prefer one fluid reactive enemy to ninety locked-in robots.

This is a design choice. Basically, the enemies attack in patterns which you have to learn them so you can fight them.
If they were too fluid (although some of the enemies are pretty fluid!) you wouldn't be able to learn their patterns and defend against them, and as you can't take anywhere near the level of punishment of any other RPG (one or two hits means death) you have to learn to dodge or block effectively and then attack on the animation 'cool down'.

I do know what you mean though, it took me a while of getting used to and some of the animations are admittedly horrible.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 24, 2015, 10:09:15 pm »

I'm late to the party, but I've been trying to play Dark Souls 1. I'm very tuned to M+K (never owned consoles except for the original Sega) but I specifically bought an XBOX 360 controller for this and still couldn't beat the first boss (Asylum Demon). It's hard when the 'Run' button is the same as 'Roll' button. I've never been owned by a PC game like this...

Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53