Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90643 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.
« Reply #750 on: August 14, 2014, 07:13:59 pm »

Haven't even heard of that happening before.  I Alt+F4'd on too many people for a while and I got disconnected from regular co-oping (which was fixed by use of the bone that you get).  Haven't heard of anything outright banning anybody, I'd assume that they wouldn't even add that to the game, instead using VAC tickets and reporting via Steam.

They roll that out in a recent update or something?

EDIT:  After researching a bit, it appears that it's actually a thing.  Hit a bunch of Xbox users if they modded their inventories.  Apparently there's an appeal at FROM's website that you can try to do, but they don't get to it quickly.

Really dumb that they're doing this.  Should've just let Valve handle the PC online with VAC tickets rather than actually putting code into the game that detects cheating (which can be fooled with corrupt files to present a false positive).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 07:22:09 pm by Karkov »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 11, 2014, 07:27:49 pm »

He is a hero to us all.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 12, 2014, 01:11:37 pm »

Got the DLC for my birthday, and HOLY SHIT. I heard the lightning spear nerf was bad, but I didn't know it was this bad. I have 3 copies of it slotted, and it went from 33 casts to 9. And apparently that's just the number of casts of 1 copy, so it apparently doesn't stack with multiple slots anymore. Either that, or I'm borked somehow.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 12, 2014, 02:04:51 pm »

It does stack. Looks like you're bugged. Try removing them and attuning them again, maybe that'll help.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 12, 2014, 02:15:58 pm »

Hmm, looks like they're 3 uses per slot now. Man, LS is utter garbage now. Were it not for great heal, I'd just respec into a pure melee build right away.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 12, 2014, 02:28:02 pm »

Hmm, looks like they're 3 uses per slot now. Man, LS is utter garbage now. Were it not for great heal, I'd just respec into a pure melee build right away.

Ah well. I'd never used LS in DS1, but I was starting to lean on it really heavily in DS2, to the point boss fights were seeming (even easier) because of it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 12, 2014, 02:40:16 pm »

Hm, your attunement must be pretty low, then. You get more casts with higher attunement. Also don't forget there are consumable items that restore spell uses.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 12, 2014, 02:52:16 pm »

Not really worth it for LS, though, especially now.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 12, 2014, 07:20:34 pm »

Yeah, probably not. Though I do enjoy my Sunlight Spear in PvP. Not so much as a regular damage dealer, I have my sword for that, but it's wonderful for punishing Estus chuggers.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 11, 2014, 05:23:03 pm »

Apologies for the necro, but I thought it'd be better to resurrect this thread instead of start a new one!

Essentially, Scholar of the First Sin is coming. If you have DS2 for PC, you get it for free! Featuring better graphics, expanded lore, a new NPC character, re-balancing, new enemies (!), new in-game events (i.e. more scripted sequences in areas as you run through them for the first time) and the ability to have 6 people in the same game world at a time (although only 2 of those can be white phantoms/sunbros... basically you can have up to 5 invaders at a time).

Are you hyped yet? DLC hype didn't seem to happen in this thread, but we can make up for lost time with this.

Also; would anyone be interested in doing a fight club?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 11, 2014, 05:26:54 pm »

Once more I am lamenting that I don't have time to play video games anymore. I would love to have a fight club, though. Ah, the days of the Blight Town one I was once in...

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 11, 2014, 06:35:02 pm »

I thought PC users had to pay for the next-gen version with improved graphics and more phantoms, something about incompatible directX versions. Or did they backpedal on that and start offering it for free?

Anyway, I'd love to join a fight club but I only have the game on Xbox. If Scholar of the First Sin is a significant improvement over the base game I may decide to get it on PC, but I'm not sure how well my laptop would handle it. It should meet the recommended specs but it has a weird issue where it freezes up for a few seconds if its doing something visually intensive. I don't really want to push it after my last laptop literally melted itself due to an overheating problem.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 11, 2014, 07:36:20 pm »

I personally find it disrespectful that From wants to sell me the graphics they promised on initial release, almost a year after the fact, while they've packaged things in such a way as to suggest that this 'dlc' will be a free of charge patch.

It's a totally separate kind of disrespect from having major changes be obfuscated in the patch notes, because they can't be bothered to hire an English translator.  I can't speak google translatese.

I'm more looking forward to Dark Souls coming to Steamworks.  Presumably From isn't going to do anything to break that game.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 11, 2014, 08:03:49 pm »

I sort of wish they'd just go ahead and give the DX11 update out to the PC users for free.  I can understand the re-release with the increased graphics for the consoles, new generation and whatnot, but it's a blatant cash-grab on the PC users behalf.  They're already giving us the new content as a snazzy update patch, why do they insist on yanking more money out of us?

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53