Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90704 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Well, I've got a Drangleic sword +2, the matching shield (no +), a priest's chime lightning +9, and great heal + 2 slots of lightning spear. I just wish I could see particle effects, because despite only having 25 faith these spears do a ton of damage and would look really cool.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

Well, I've got a Drangleic sword +2, the matching shield (no +), a priest's chime lightning +9, and great heal + 2 slots of lightning spear. I just wish I could see particle effects, because despite only having 25 faith these spears do a ton of damage and would look really cool.

My roommate(who has also been playing) keeps making the joke "Hey Levi, how did you fight that boss?  Oh yeah?  Sounds tough man.  Guess how I did it?  LIGHTNING SPEARS!".
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Lightning Spear is all well and good until the boss has fast enough attacks. Then it's untenable, unless you've jacked your cast speed way up.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In sunbro co-op, I successfully smote the Lost Sinner many times with lightning spears and she's the definition of a fast boss. It's much faster than DS1 lightning spears, though I only ever saw other people using those in DS1.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In sunbro co-op, I successfully smote the Lost Sinner many times with lightning spears and she's the definition of a fast boss.
Keyword: co-op. It's a lot easier to find opportunities to cast spells when you've got someone else to draw aggro.

Well I just beat the Mirror Knight. He didn't summon any actual players, so that's too bad. I guess they decided dealing with the boss and a player geared for pvp would be too much for most people.
The phantoms weren't really a problem, I don't think any of them even managed to hit me. The annoying part was whenever I switched focus to a phantom, the boss would one-shot me with a jumping counter attack.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile

Actually, he is supposed to summon players.

Basically, if you leave a red sign soapstone near the boss room - or maybe inside it, I don't know? there's a chance you'll be summoned by the Looking Glass Knight.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's odd, I did see a couple red signs, so there were people around in my summon range. Maybe it's ng+ only or something like that.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

Actually, he is supposed to summon players.

Basically, if you leave a red sign soapstone near the boss room - or maybe inside it, I don't know? there's a chance you'll be summoned by the Looking Glass Knight.
From what I hear, you place a red soapstone sign(or used a red eye orb, but the soapstone is less expensive) anywhere in the castle to get summoned. Also, refresh it about every 10 seconds as there's a high chance of getting summoned shortly after placing it. I haven't been summoned after trying it for about 30 minutes though, but I may have been out of range for the area.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pyromancies! Anyone used them much? I fully upgraded a pyromancy flame as flame weapon seemed nice (4 uses versus a single use on sun blade, nice) but I'm struggling to find much use for the other spells.

Combustion is nice but if I'm going for short range damage I might as well swing a fire weapon. Fireballs take a while to cast, very little casts, don't have great range and have pathetic damage imo. Flame whip has nice area effect but takes a while to cast, nice enough against clusters of smallers enemies. Fire storm seems good enough. Lingering flame and flame swathe both seem ok ish but situational and low number of casts. Forbidden sun is incredibly underwhelming for the slots and number of casts it has. Immolation and iron skin both seem like a joke to me.
On the other hand the poisons are both still quite strong and easy to use, and warmth is a refreshing new addition with some good use to it for out of combat healing. I'm a little disapointed there's no power within this time around, I loved that damn spell.

Also I haven't been able to test the chaos fireball since you get it from the blood covenant and I'm playing offline (will get one off wellager later), so if anyone tested it let me know what the damage is like and if it's useable or no. Might be exactly what I need to kill groups of big slow enemies from a distance.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile

In sunbro co-op, I successfully smote the Lost Sinner many times with lightning spears and she's the definition of a fast boss. It's much faster than DS1 lightning spears, though I only ever saw other people using those in DS1.

I'd say Lost Sinner is the definition of an easy boss. Why would someone need coop for it?

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say Lost Sinner is the definition of an easy boss. Why would someone need coop for it?

Say that again when you face her on new game+
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

N grabbin a third phantom can help keep Lucatiel alive during that fight.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some people say she's one of the harder bosses. Personally I find her attacks pretty easy to avoid, then only trouble is hitting her. But with patience, she can be beaten relatively quickly, as she doesn't even have that much health. I guess some people either can't use 100% physical shields or aren't that good at dodging, though, because a lot of people consider her one of the harder bosses.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think starting off with Depraved may not have been the greatest idea.

Took him with reskilling in mind, but now most of my weapons are broken, since I didn't know how the new durability mechanic worked.
I would restart with something easier, but I got the goddamn Channelers Trident.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think starting off with Depraved may not have been the greatest idea.

Took him with reskilling in mind, but now most of my weapons are broken, since I didn't know how the new durability mechanic worked.
I would restart with something easier, but I got the goddamn Channelers Trident.

duuuuude i know how you feel, i shudder to step away from my one messed up build because i got my hands on two demon greathammers.
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53