Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90654 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Equipment breakage is a big problem, because it costs an exorbitant amount of souls to fix, but for stats you can respec as long as you have a souls vessel. There's one in the lost bastille.

Also, I think the BK Halberd may have the highest DPS of any weapon in the game. I got it to +3 and it's already at 500+ on the light attack.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

The only problem with halberds nowadays is that it actually does varying damage dependent upon where you hit them with the weapon.  If you hit them with the haft you do way less damage than if you hit them with the blade.  I couldn't really stand that mechanic, so I just stuck with a sword of some kind.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, they hit both the enemy and the ground (and sometimes the ceiling) in their swing animation, so they degrade faster.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

A lot of weapons have this problem.
Even Broadswords and Longswords and the like suffer from this.
Twinblades and Whips especially, though.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Truly, only some spears and the omfghuge weapons with ridiculously high durability seem not to be made of tissue paper.

It hasn't been a problem for most of the game for me, but in Brightstone Cove Tseledora I went through 2 weapons before I got to the boss. Not the prowling magus, the other one.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Eh, durability hasn't really been an issue to me for most of the game anyway.  The bonfires are spaced just right that I can rest at a bonfire and the question of durability goes away.

Although, that said, Santier's spear is probably one of the more hilarious pieces of equipment that the game offers.

"Let's make a 500 durability spear that gets better when you break it."

"Ooh, let's also make it so that it's never able to break again due to durability loss!"

"Genius!"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:59:49 pm by Karkov »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparantly durability on PC degrades a lot faster because the game caclulates the whole thing using FPS, which would mean twice the degradation in my case. Jesus Christ From.
It makes no fun juggeling through a whole arsenal of unupgraded weapons in The Lost Bastille, just so I have durability left on my actual weapons by the time I do bosses.

Might take a break until they patch it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Lost Bastille was especially bad. I can't speak for the entire game, but I haven't had that amount of weapon degradation in other areas.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I bought some repair powder for Lost Bastille as I was having problems, but I also found that it was possible to just run past a few things (mummies especially) and a few spells.

Other than that I've not found it a problem other than occasionally having to switch to doing some parts with an alt-weapon to make sure I've got enough durability for bosses - I think that's a fine game play mechanic and certainly encourages you to not just take one weapon forever like DS1 did. Furthermore, (and it might be just me) but enemies seem to have a greater weakness to their damage  vulnerability types than in DS1 so it's really worth swapping stuff round a lot more.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only problem with halberds nowadays is that it actually does varying damage dependent upon where you hit them with the weapon.  If you hit them with the haft you do way less damage than if you hit them with the blade.  I couldn't really stand that mechanic, so I just stuck with a sword of some kind.
That mechanic has been in since Demon's Souls. It was just toned down significantly for Dark Souls. In my main playthrough I've been using the halberd almost exclusively since I got the stats to use it, and I love it. It's an extremely versatile weapon once you learn how to use it. I just wish it didn't take so much stamina.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is anyone else getting a Gauntlet: Dark Legacy vibe from some of the levels in this game?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't mind having the mechanic ingame, but if it's a bug that takes the value to the extremes I'd rather have it fixed.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I restarted the game and joined the Champions Covenant, my plan being that I want to kill every Boss solo so some of my naggier friends stop teling me I "cheated" with summoning.

Oh Armok. I had better ideas in my life.

I went for Heide first, as I usually kill the D-Rider first before hitting the forest. The Stone Knights will two-shot my Swordsman, while the Macedude outright kills me with one hit. Took me three attempts to get trough, with only a scratch of health left. Was able to kill the Boss without getting hit, luckily.

The forest is considerably harder now too. Most hollows will do massive damage, and especially the Fire Bombs hurt like hell. Im confident that I can beat L.G. without much trouble, seeing how easy the guy is. But im a tad afraid of the Pursuer. I only manmoded him once, and that was with a good 15-25 Level headstart after clearing the Bastille first.

And god forbid, I have NO idea what to do when I reach the Three Brothers Antifun in the Bastille. Im shivering at the mere thought.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I saved bastille and the great soul there for last, so I'm rediculously overleveled for the sentinels the time I got there. Easy enough if you can kill or injure the second one sufficiently quickly before they double team you. You can also skip the boss if needed, using the antiqued key.

I've honestly never had much trouble with durability myself. Mostly used a greataxe, clubs and a staff so far, and strangely enough the staff is the only one I ever broke. And that darn dragon ring every time there corrisive gunk.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:27:54 am by Jelle »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

I just got used to carrying a spare.  As soon as my club ran low on durability, I'd just whip out my mace instead.

Soloing the bosses is totally doable.  I don't even know how to summon people to help.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 53