Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90708 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile

I've been messing with bellbroing for the past few days and you can be summoned from any area that is online-capable. If you can place down your summon sign, you can be summoned to the bellfry. I have noticed something though. You tend to be summoned more often if you are in the area for a specific bellfry, so Bastille for Luna and iron keep for Sol.

Also, a tip for leveling up the Bellbro covenant. If you aren't getting summoned enough for your tastes, go to the bellfry, ALL player kills in the bellfry count for ranking up, so going there helps everyone, you doubly. When wearing the ring, you're in a queue, a bunch of other bellbros are also in this queue. When you get invaded in the bellfry you're giving those other waiting bellbros the pvp they're looking for while at the same time emptying the queue so your turn comes faster. I have been summoned to protect the bellfry while I was in it multiple times.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Well, it just so happens that I have 26 strength. With just a few more I could try this! Except... where can one get another "Greatsword"?

Also, found Straid. Should I get the Dragonrider Twinblade, or the Bow? I kinda want a good twinblade, since they seem like they'd be great for applying bleed or poison, but I don't know how good either of them is.

In my opinion having tested the regular twinblade, the moveset isn't great. To get all those hits in you need to be pretty darn close to your opponent, and the attacks tend to push them away, killing long combos.
Decent weapon to apply bleed or poison though, but if you're going for that you should get the curved twinblade wich has excelent dex scaling. Dragonrider twinblade is decent enough with a magic enchantment, but there's better weapons imo.
There's also the coolness factor.

Each of the twinblades (Red, Regular, dragon) have a different moveset than the others.  Dragonrider twinblade doesn't actually move people away too much when you get them in a combo, and if the person you're hitting doesn't have poise, you're in for a treat (unless they have the Sun Ring, then you're in for pain).

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Just played some DS1 with an absolutely retarded build, didn't die until Ceaseless Discharge of all things (masterkey). I'm surprised at how much better I am at DS1 than 2 despite the highly similar mechanics.

EDIT to avoid doublepost: I just stepped into the Belfry to try co-oping again. I was instantly invaded by 2 naked people. One was named Left Nut, but the other was named SteveIrwing.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:58:03 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

I've been observing peoples somewhat recently, and how come you never see Dex characters wearing any of the heavier armors?
I mean, encumbrance isn't tied to Strength or anything, and dex weapons don't exactly get any more functional when you're less weighed down.
Even moreso with how easy it is to stay in light and medium rolls now.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

EDIT to avoid doublepost: I just stepped into the Belfry to try co-oping again. I was instantly invaded by 2 naked people. One was named Left Nut, but the other was named SteveIrwing.
Just another day in Dark Souls.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

I've been observing peoples somewhat recently, and how come you never see Dex characters wearing any of the heavier armors?
I mean, encumbrance isn't tied to Strength or anything, and dex weapons don't exactly get any more functional when you're less weighed down.
Probably because of FASHION SOULS. That's what I do with Dex builds, anyway. Also, maybe, they're ignoring Vit for more Dex/Vig/End/Fth/Att/etc.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't some armors have a strength requirement, too?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Don't some armors have a strength requirement, too?
A couple of armors have stat requirements, which if unfulfilled will give a ridiculous malus to their armor stats.  There's just a couple of them though, like the Jester's set having a dexterity bonus. 

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SON OF A...

Okay, so I just helped someone beat the Executioner's chariot so I could turn human and get an estus refill after fighting through all the assholes with whips and staves on the way up. IMMEDIATELY after we kill it, I get disconnected due to the stupid framerate minimum and get NOTHING whatsoever. No souls, no humanity, no estus, and I used my last lifegems to win that.

EDIT: And much, much later, fuck you, From! Fuck you for making titanite lizards missable forever! I finally killed the lizard in Harvest Valley, only for its corpse to go tumbling down the death pit. I've heard there's only 15 twinkling titanite in this whole game, so goodbye ever upgrading my stuff to full!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:29:39 pm by HugoLuman »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

EDIT: And much, much later, fuck you, From! Fuck you for making titanite lizards missable forever! I finally killed the lizard in Harvest Valley, only for its corpse to go tumbling down the death pit. I've heard there's only 15 twinkling titanite in this whole game, so goodbye ever upgrading my stuff to full!

Looking at a wiki, I have a count of 25, not counting farming certain late-game enemies and trading with the crows.

Still not much though.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's one particular area later in the game with roughly fifteen lizards. There are also... what, 3 major (non-respawning) enemies, and 3 trivial minor enemies in the entire zone. If you're any good at dealing with minibosses, you can farm this particular zone with ascetics and rake in a massive amount of Twinkling Titanite.

There's another zone with a major boss, but a nearby corpse has a guaranteed 2x Twinkling Titanite. This zone also has a guaranteed Bonfire Ascetic. And using the ascetic on the nearby bonfire resets only this zone, containing exactly 2 tough enemies and the aforementioned boss. Since you get a new ascetic each run, you can farm this infinitely.

That said... it sucks, losing easy loot. I lost a lizard in Brightcove - it fell partway down the cliffs, I fell the rest of the way trying to fetch it, and it turns out there's no way back up without using a bonfire.  :'(

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

SON OF A...

Okay, so I just helped someone beat the Executioner's chariot so I could turn human and get an estus refill after fighting through all the assholes with whips and staves on the way up. IMMEDIATELY after we kill it, I get disconnected due to the stupid framerate minimum and get NOTHING whatsoever. No souls, no humanity, no estus, and I used my last lifegems to win that.
Ouch, that sucks. I've also noticed that you don't get a reward if you die before you get your souls/reward. I've had that happen to me a couple of times and it's annoying.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On a happier note,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Killed Jaba the Hutt demon so many times I can't even remember now.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

I use smelter demon armour with my dex character.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I AM THE OLD KNIGHT KILLING MASTER. Between the first heidel flame bonfire and the cathedral of blue is a great place to farm up for low characters/people who suck. The knights show their attacks several hours before they do them and a mace to the face takes them down with pace.

It's also easy to lure them away one by one for problems on NG+'s.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53