Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90709 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

If I had a dollar for every time these games have been wrong about themselves... the ring says "wear in the vicinity of the bellfry."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

Tried it. Belltower is a hellhole in online. You get invaded more often than you get to invade in the covenant, and as noted no one wants to be honorable. And on top of it all, the place is pretty drab and boring to look at. Spending much time there creates a feeling of oppressive boredom. Oh well, at least I got a couple of chunks out of it.

And I'd hardly call them bellbros. More like bell-ends.
Yeah, fuck 'em. Though, I think the rat bastards are worse.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

If I had a dollar for every time these games have been wrong about themselves... the ring says "wear in the vicinity of the bellfry."

It only summons you from certain areas, most (all?) of which are near the belfry.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

GP Trixie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I the only one who use dual ultra greatswords ? It seems to completly change the difficulty of the game. Some bosses are super easy, the sentinels go down in 4 hits each so you can dispatch them one by one very easily. I did the gargoils with my greatswords fully upgraded and they went down in 2 hits so I was never overwhelmed by them. But I find some other bosses nearly impossible to do like the sinner or the smelter demon and had to fall back to a shield with my primary greatsword.

It's even greater in PvP. First it looks completly awesome and it's great fun one shooting people who didn't spent a serious amount of souls in HP.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dual ultra greatsword sounds mental. It's crazy how a person can even swing such a giant hunk of metal, but two at the same time? What kind of moveset does that even have?

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile

Drangleic is in the vicinity of the belfry! :P

Also, if you had one dollar for every time, you'd have about two. One for that one ring in Dark Souls, and one for the bellbro ring.

Barring that the game avoids being misleading quite well!
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Off of the top of my head the only places the bell covenant ring doesn't work are rat covenant areas and unsummonable areas (where all online stuff doesn't work.)
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm counting misleading stuff, because "in the vicinity of the bell" sounds like you have to stand around the Bellfry, rather than being a direct lie. The Tiny Being's ring was false, though.

I don't really have the framerate for PvP anyway. I'll stick to what I like best, co-op. I've taken to rating every message I see, except the REALLY stupid/malicious ones, since I figured out that people get a heal every time someone rates their message. I actually survived and won one attempt at the Rat Vanguard that I otherwise would have died from due to people rating my messages.

GP Trixie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The moveset with the dual ultra greatsword is you keep them parallel and swing them either horizontally or verticaly with the power attack. There is the minor detail than you are out of stamina in 2 hits though. Screenshot here to illustrate.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, Capra Demon style?

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.

So, Capra Demon style?

Pretty much.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it just so happens that I have 26 strength. With just a few more I could try this! Except... where can one get another "Greatsword"?

Also, found Straid. Should I get the Dragonrider Twinblade, or the Bow? I kinda want a good twinblade, since they seem like they'd be great for applying bleed or poison, but I don't know how good either of them is.

GP Trixie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a fair warning your need 150% of the stats requirement to use the dual wield attack on the weapons, so you actually need 45 strengh for the swords i'm using.

Where to get these swords :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:36:16 pm by GP Trixie »

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it just so happens that I have 26 strength. With just a few more I could try this! Except... where can one get another "Greatsword"?

Also, found Straid. Should I get the Dragonrider Twinblade, or the Bow? I kinda want a good twinblade, since they seem like they'd be great for applying bleed or poison, but I don't know how good either of them is.

you can farm most weapons off of enemies, i had 3 greatswords at one point. royal guards drop them, you can also buy them from mr nobody
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In my opinion having tested the regular twinblade, the moveset isn't great. To get all those hits in you need to be pretty darn close to your opponent, and the attacks tend to push them away, killing long combos.
Decent weapon to apply bleed or poison though, but if you're going for that you should get the curved twinblade wich has excelent dex scaling. Dragonrider twinblade is decent enough with a magic enchantment, but there's better weapons imo.
There's also the coolness factor of it being a freaking twinblade.

The moveset with the dual ultra greatsword is you keep them parallel and swing them either horizontally or verticaly with the power attack. There is the minor detail than you are out of stamina in 2 hits though. Screenshot here to illustrate.
Now just get two king ultra greatswords and you're set for destruction. What's a 75 strength requirement anyway.  :P
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:40:06 pm by Jelle »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 53