Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90757 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

Gah, I'm at the Three Musketeers again. And they're even more frustrating when I don't have any spells to shoot them with. I thought summoned help would make them easier, but all the other players I summon have been stupid. The first thing EVERYONE did was knock Yahim off then jump down after him, causing the other 2 to go straight for me and the NPC phantom back upstairs.
You should try co-oping them to get the hang of it. I had tons of trouble with those three when I started playing, but I got used to their timings and stuff after a bunch of jolly cooperation. In melee, try to roll through their attacks and strike them from behind. Most of their swings can't hit you if you're directly behind them. Weapons that do crushing damage, like maces, do a lot of damage to them if they're upgraded a bit.
Also, people who jump after that first guy after he falls off are silly. If you're on xbox, I can give you a hand.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Gah, I'm at the Three Musketeers again. And they're even more frustrating when I don't have any spells to shoot them with. I thought summoned help would make them easier, but all the other players I summon have been stupid. The first thing EVERYONE did was knock Yahim off then jump down after him, causing the other 2 to go straight for me and the NPC phantom back upstairs.
You should try co-oping them to get the hang of it. I had tons of trouble with those three when I started playing, but I got used to their timings and stuff after a bunch of jolly cooperation. In melee, try to roll through their attacks and strike them from behind. Most of their swings can't hit you if you're directly behind them. Weapons that do crushing damage, like maces, do a lot of damage to them if they're upgraded a bit.
Also, people who jump after that first guy after he falls off are silly. If you're on xbox, I can give you a hand.
They're also quite susceptible to poise break if you hit them hard enough.  SMASH, KILL, BUUUUURRRRNNN.  And maybe Praise the Sun while you're at it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Nevermind, I beat them easily on my own about an hour ago. The wired controller I use has a defunct L1, so I can't block. After switching to keyboard controls, I just equipped the Drangleic shield and tanked them while the NPC mage blasted them. Maybe this game will be easier if I get a new controller.

What I'm worried about now is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Are the servers down for anyone else? I can use steam but DSII won't connect.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:29:38 pm by Jack_Bread »

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What I'm worried about now is

A few things to keep in mind for this fight:

Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Are summons possible for this fight?)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

Yeah, they are, but they're a little hard to find because of the nature of the area.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(But then I'll always know that to someone, I would always be THAT one annoying jerk who killed them when they were just trying to get to the boss damnit!)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Then be interesting about it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then be interesting about it.

Exactly this. Play a gimmick character! Be a caveman (all the beards, naked, wield a club). Or a boxer (shirtless, dual Cestus). Or rush the Smelter Demon, then load up on his armor and cosplay!

Or be that jerk. At least you can try to fight honourably, which is one step above most Bellbros.  ;)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tried it. Belltower is a hellhole in online. You get invaded more often than you get to invade in the covenant, and as noted no one wants to be honorable. And on top of it all, the place is pretty drab and boring to look at. Spending much time there creates a feeling of oppressive boredom. Oh well, at least I got a couple of chunks out of it.

And I'd hardly call them bellbros. More like bell-ends.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile

Two things, in relations to bellbros:

1) There are two belfries. Luna is okay because Lost Bastille in general has a great atmosphere in general, but it's kind of small so not a very fun area. Sol, on the other hand, is pretty damn big and generally a much more fun place to invade in. Except when people hide behind the pillars to heal. >:(

2) You're not supposed to sit inside the belfries while you invade - EVERYONE can be invaded, even bellbros, so you're better off just putting the ring on and going about your general business of playing the rest of the game and then kicking arse whenever you DO get summoned.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 53