Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90677 times)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 2 - Ermahgerd it's out! HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.
« Reply #330 on: April 26, 2014, 10:14:52 am »

Keyboard mouse yes. I unbound the double click nonsense, didn't seem practical. Any way to turn it off altogether?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 26, 2014, 10:31:10 am »

You unbound all the double click things and it still gives the delay? In that case I'm not sure what the issue is. In ARMA if something doesn't have a double-tap then there won't be a delay, it would be silly if DS2 waited for a double tap even when one isn't assigned.

I guess one was around it is to use the keyboard, but that's not really ideal.

Still recommend a gamepad, if you search around you can find one for under 20 dollars, and you can use it for more than just Dark Souls. If you find one with X-input your computer will recognize it as a 360 pad, D-input will require a third part program I think. Or if your controller is nifty like mine it'll have a toggle between the two.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 26, 2014, 10:38:16 am »

Ah oh well I played dark souls with keyboard only as well anyway, so I'm used to it. Still, was sort of hoping they'd put more work in the pc port this timearound, this delay is silly.  :'(

At least I'll be able to boast I play the game single handedly mwuhaha.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:52:23 am by Jelle »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 26, 2014, 10:56:41 am »

Explore the level, you might see a few of them around.

EDIT: Speaking of that, I am rather impressed with the new animation/movement system they have in this game. Movement is actually analog and is even tied to a weight percentage rather than 'slow, medium, or fast'

That thing's attacks are even procedural in a way, from what I can tell.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:58:16 am by OzyTheSage »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 26, 2014, 12:01:51 pm »

Hmm is it just me or are Invasions really rare ? I have never been invaded for the whole time I have been playing and I have also kept the blue covenant ring on for around 30 minutes without being summoned...
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 26, 2014, 12:30:42 pm »

Hmm is it just me or are Invasions really rare ? I have never been invaded for the whole time I have been playing and I have also kept the blue covenant ring on for around 30 minutes without being summoned...

Invasions are pretty rare until ng+ and/or you become a sinner.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 26, 2014, 12:33:23 pm »

Why untill ng+? And also I highly doubt anyone is on ng+ right now it's only been out 2 days :P

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 26, 2014, 12:58:12 pm »

I've seen exactly one PC red phantom invasion... and it was while I was summoned as a white phantom. On the other hand, I've been trying my luck in a certain other area, so I've dealt with lots and lots of non-red invaders.  :'(

Apparently you can get Way of Blue progress for defeating NPC invaders (even if nobody's summoned to help), and it might be more common around the Brotherhood of Blood guy.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 26, 2014, 01:12:35 pm »

I haven't noticed invasions either, but that could just be because I'm staying hollow for the most part. If invasions are more rare on NG then I kinda appreciate that (although people fond of PVP won't like that).

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 26, 2014, 01:15:48 pm »

I haven't noticed invasions either, but that could just be because I'm staying hollow for the most part. If invasions are more rare on NG then I kinda appreciate that (although people fond of PVP won't like that).

You can still get Invaded while hollow though...

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 26, 2014, 01:20:31 pm »

I've been invaded 3 times in about 10 hours so far. Got sent to defend someone because of the blue covenant thing once and it ended before I got there. I have had the ring equipped for a couple of hours.

So far I've got very mixed feelings for the game, it's fun and all but I rally dislike how the enemies stop spawning and the merchants only seem to sell a finite number of each item. I loved switching around between various equipment to keep it interesting in the first game, but now it really seems like a bad idea since the titanite shards ran out very quickly.I also can't seem to play co-op with a friend who is just a few levels (5-8 or something similar) ahead of me.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 26, 2014, 01:23:32 pm »

Why untill ng+? And also I highly doubt anyone is on ng+ right now it's only been out 2 days :P

(This is all based on my console experience but I doubt it will be much different on the pc once the game has a few weeks to get set in.)

You can't buy unlimited cracked red orbs until ng+; The only other source of red orbs are fighting in the arena, which at least on the console, is mainly populated by serious pvp types and thus not an easy place to win in unless you are also a serious pvp type, and many of which go into ng+ to get new equipment. I doubt it will be much different on the pc  in this regard, (I don't remember much of a difference in the pvp community between the two versions of DS1) but it could be.

So tldr itsa pain in the arse to get cracked red eye orbs.
Also probs lotsa people focusing on PVE for now, invasions might go up within the next few weeks.

it's fun and all but I rally dislike how the enemies stop spawning and the merchants only seem to sell a finite number of each item. I loved switching around between various equipment to keep it interesting in the first game, but now it really seems like a bad idea since the titanite shards ran out very quickly.I also can't seem to play co-op with a friend who is just a few levels (5-8 or something similar) ahead of me.

Note that the amount of stuff merchants sell increases as you progress in the game, most consumables and shards and stuff will end up being sold in infinite amounts by the end of the game.
Also, matchmaking isn't based on SL anymore, its soul memory so your friend likely has just earned more/less souls than you.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:26:02 pm by Sindain »

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 26, 2014, 01:48:45 pm »

Would it be possible to buy cracked red eye orbs on your first playthrough by using a Bonfire Ascentic next to the covenant leader?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:53:19 pm by Toady Two »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 26, 2014, 01:50:11 pm »

So theoretically, you could spend all your souls on items and get matched to SL100 people? Or even worse, loose enough souls to death that you get matched to people higher level than you?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:53:42 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 26, 2014, 01:57:34 pm »

Would it be possible to buy cracked red eye orbs on your first playthrough by using a Bonfire Ascentic next to the covenant leader?

Nope, I tried that and was highly disappointed that it didn't work.

So theoretically, you could spend all your souls on items and get matched to SL100 people? Or even worse, loose enough souls to death that you get matched to people higher level than you?

Yep.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 53