Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90785 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 2 - Out now on Consoles. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2014, 08:22:59 pm »

A note on covenants: They exist for online play, really.  In 1 and 2, the covenants are only really utilized as a way to interact online differently.  In 2, the only one that's really mostly offline is the Champions, which makes enemies have heavier stats.  Still, you 'rank up' by defeating invaders, though the rank doesn't change the in-game effects.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2014, 08:39:56 pm »

A note on covenants: They exist for online play, really.  In 1 and 2, the covenants are only really utilized as a way to interact online differently.  In 2, the only one that's really mostly offline is the Champions, which makes enemies have heavier stats.  Still, you 'rank up' by defeating invaders, though the rank doesn't change the in-game effects.

its also a good way to lose your mind for the completionist in us, as it would take -several- playthroughs to get everything the covenants offer. for those of use that play offline? impossible
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2014, 09:26:52 pm »

Not impossible.  Certain mobs drop items for covenants, like in DS1 the darkwraiths in New Londo would drop items related to covenants, I think.  There exists some form of mob harvesting for covenants, although REALLY awkward.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2014, 06:43:13 pm »

So, calling on assistance from anyone who plays on PS3.  I'm thinking of making a hilarious build.  Would someone be willing to donate a twinblade to me?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2014, 07:28:18 pm »

So my Grave of Saints reset. And I mean almost completely reset. The boss is still dead, but all the items are back and the lockstones are undone. Weird.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2014, 08:24:15 pm »

How do you guys recommend going about the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
in the Lost Bastille? I'm heavy into tanking with the Twin Dragon Great shield and a +4 Broadsword, as well as Elite Knight Armor, if that helps you guys formulate any strategies for me. I can kill the first one pretty easily, but once the second and third come out, it gets interesting. Getting online assistance isn't an option, but I do have access to Effigies if there is an NPC summon sign I could use.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2014, 08:28:38 pm »

Honestly they are a LOT easier then they seem Facekillz058. (I can handily take them out with a starting character and starting equipment without any shield)

But if you want to know the secret... Circle strafing is the key to the vast majority of enemies in the game. That will help you beat the first and third one.

The second one leaves itself open rather obviously and never respawns. So once it is dead you are golden. The hard part comes from the 5th, 6th, and 7th.

I HOPE I am talking about the right enemies.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 08:31:37 pm by Neonivek »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2014, 08:30:59 pm »

This is probably the key of my issue then.
How do you get off the dinky little ledge in the beginning of the fight to the area below?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2014, 08:34:26 pm »

This is probably the key of my issue then.
How do you get off the dinky little ledge in the beginning of the fight to the area below?

OHHH I know who you are talking about... Ok ok... I remember this fight. (I thought you meant the other guys)

The key to the second and third one is that you want to wait for openings from the both of them. Circling around to make sure only one gets an opening on you.

As for getting off the ledge... you gotta jump down.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2014, 08:47:13 pm »

Cat ring is pretty nice for that fight.  I did some Jolly farming of them before.  Since you play similar to me, here's what I'd have to suggest...
1: Consider getting the Greatshield (via Heide Tower, after one of the bosses) or the Drangleich set (right after the Persuer's boss room, jump down a ledge).  The Greatshield is 30 str requirement, but enormously useful.  The Drangleich set includes some pretty heavy armor, a greatsword, and a medium shield with really good stats.  It makes for good tanking material.

2: Cat ring.

3: If you have any faith, Lightning Spear (Heide Tower, after the OTHER boss) does pretty great damage against them, and similarly the Heide Knight Sword seems pretty powerful, so I think they're just weak to lightning (they are made of metal).  Failing that, sorcery works pretty well too, but generally lacks the same punch.

4: Bring a friend.  Pretty much anyone.  The first fight is easy enough, but fighting 2v1 is never a good idea.

As for how to fight them as a tank, it's pretty much the same as other enemies.  Shield up, circle strafe, perform a single strong attack, recover stamina, and shield up again.  1v1 a tank can casually deal with almost any enemy in the game.  That's why you bring a friend, so it becomes 2v2.  After you kill the first sentinel, you should be able to perform a plunge on the second one, just watch your stamina after the jump!

ALSO: The guys in Heide's Tower are called "old knights".

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2014, 10:25:13 pm »

So my Grave of Saints reset. And I mean almost completely reset. The boss is still dead, but all the items are back and the lockstones are undone. Weird.

i had the very same thing happen in the gutter. not complaining, free pyromancy flame woo!
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 27, 2014, 07:09:18 pm »

I have done it!
And by that, I mean I destroyed the 3 lovely ladies so hard I went on to slay the naughty little girl to be found further into that hell hole.
And now I'm done with that spooky place.
Now to figure out two things:
Which area to jam through next, and which contestant gets this smelly tree branch.

EDIT: Also, I am now robust enough to run around in the Drangleic Armor and a tower shield. Nothing can stop me now!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:48:52 pm by Facekillz058 »

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2014, 08:09:13 pm »

Is THAT where I can get some new armor?  Sweet.  Been rolling around in the Elite Knight body, a Heide mask and Falconer else.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2014, 08:41:26 pm »

You get the Drangleic armor after that one floaty guy with a big sword in the big mean tower in the forest after the forest that introduces you to the game. There is a ledge to drop off of after the fight near the birdy nest that has the whole set minus the helm. It's heavy, but REALLY good. And free.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:54:49 pm by Facekillz058 »

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 30, 2014, 04:06:01 pm »

I am now (finally) the proud owner of one(1) Steam preorder of Dark Souls II. Now to ignore this thread for a month.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53