Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I continue

just keep on going, waiting isn't a problem.
- 1 (16.7%)
I don't care if you continue.
- 0 (0%)
wait until you're more available (summer, probably), then continue.
- 1 (16.7%)
wait until you're more available, then start up a similar RTD with better rules.
- 4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: By the Unwritten book turn 3: FORCE Feed [PLAYERS WANTED]  (Read 9075 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: By the Unwritten book
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 07:01:26 am »

You're limited to +/-5, says so in the OP.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 10:16:48 am »

You're limited to +/-5, says so in the OP.
...didn't see that. Heh.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 10:35:38 am »

Name:Ash Dust
Appearance:Half(right side) robotic woman with red hair and a green eye(robotic half's is red)
Stats: must be balanced
Strength +2
Dexterity –5
Endurance +2
Intelligence +1
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 10:52:24 am »

Name: Burt

Appearance: Wears a large, bulky, goofy-looking, fuzzy bulldog costume. Underneath it lies only ancient, sweaty darkness that should never be seen by human eyes.

Stats:
Strength: 0
Dexterity: -1
Endurance: +1
Intelligence: 0

Backstory: once an ordinary (if somewhat awkward) high school student, Burt's life was changed forever one day in the school's science lab. Covered in odd, shimmering residue from an experiment gone wrong, he was about to take a shower, but alas, school pride came a-callin' and he didn't have time! After all, if he didn't participate in the pep rally, what kind of mascot would he be? However, misfortune struck, as the residue was an extremely powerful glue! Reacting with the sweat from all the running around and generally being a good mascot he did, it bonded poor Burt to the suit something fierce. So strong was the bond that the suit essentially became a second skin for him, and it wasn't possible to remove it without removing all of his skin as well. So they left Burt as he was, destined to never be taken seriously by society despite the fact that he was still essentially the same person.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
Re: By the Unwritten book turn 0: So It Begins
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 02:18:37 pm »

Turn 0: So It Begins

MinMaximus:
[power:5; category: 1]
As you mysteriously appear in this mysterious room, you realize that your mysterious attire, appearance and personality (so mysterious that truly nothing is known about it. You also realize that you are faced with a mysterious decision, but at least it's clearly explained:
You may chose any item, of any kind, and each player will receive that item. It need not be real or logical.

John Maynard Keynes:
[power: 3; category: 3]
Seeing that there is no economy or unemployment to be fixed, you feel rather useless, but then you realize that if you create an economy (and some unemployment for fun) you'll have something to do. Clearly, the first step is to become king of this room, and your well on your way when the future of it is at least partially handed over to you:
You may moderately change human anatomy, basically anything short of adding a new appendage or major body part (changing one is fine.)

Hobo Joe:
[power: 5; catergory: 2]
you're not sure where you are, but it isn't that much better than where you were before, though it is definitely weirder, judging from the people around you.Somehow, though, you realize that you can make it even wierder, and the power brings a dirty, wide grin to your face.
You can create any magical power you want, and all players will be able to use it, at least those with any intelligence.

Joe Bridger:
[power: 3; category: 4]
You are torn away from your tower and find yourself in a large room, you instantly try to use one of your old spells, but find that it is impossible, frustrated and confused, you wait for the coming onslaught... that isn't coming that quickly. You do sense, however, that an outside force is giving you some help, even if it is odd:
You can add any piece of scenery, anywhere you want so long as it can fit in a 10 ft wide cube.

Rand:
[power: 2; category: 4]
You find yourself in a large concrete room with a severe lack of suffering and blood, you decide that this is a serious problem and you should fix it as soon as possible. You do have a bit of help in your horrifying journey, but not much. In fact, you feel instinctively outdone.
You can add any piece of scenery, anywhere you want so long as it can fit in a 2 ft wide cube.

Easter Bunny: ((odd first name, if you ask me.))
[power: 5; category: 5]
Finding yourself in the middle of a dull, sad room you feel very out of place. You also see many odd people and... things around you, and while you want to give them all eggs filled with candy, not all of them look like they would, or could, enjoy it. You do realize the chance to make a "friend" to help you in your travels, though.
you can make an NPC, any NPC, anywhere, but it won't automatically be your friend.

That One Guy:
[power: 3; category: 1]
Your reaction to suddenly being ripped out of your universe is extremely average: utter terror. Your power to change the game is pretty average too:
You can add any tool not designed to be a weapon to the inventory, cannot be a vehicle or armor of any kind, each player will receive it.

Blob:
[power: 4; category: 1]
You plop into the universe with a resounding squish, that is just about it. Oh, and there's this thing you can do, not that it will help you much:
You can choose any conventional item, (something from reality that isn't obscure) all players will receive it.

((you can use any item or magic power the turn you create it, everyone else has to wait a turn, I will add that to the OP. post your turn with your decision.))

Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 04:24:47 pm by +!!scientist!!+ »
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 04:56:24 pm »

Everyone gets one object with powers similar to a rod or shield of wonder, which causes all sorts of random effects.

Use my said item at the guy across the arena from me (Rand "Archmage" Joe)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:07:02 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: By the Unwritten book turn 0: So It Begins.
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 06:15:22 pm »

Everybody can now shot torrents of hot flaming bacon grease out of their hands. I shoot a torrent of hot flaming bacon grease at Rand the rabid Saint Bernard that happens to be flying at my face, and propose an alliance to Archmage Joe. After that, man the Blackhawk's turret.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:28:48 pm by Chink »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 06:32:52 pm »

Place an armed and fueled and fueled Blackhawk gunship (A small one) near my location. Get in it. And accept the alliance, he can operate the turret.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:39:15 pm by Remuthra »

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 06:58:05 pm »

realized scenery is OP, everything done this turn is fine, but it will be nerfed. sorry.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:08:22 pm by +!!scientist!!+ »
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 07:00:16 pm »

There is a two foot wide metal pad with a glowing top in the middle of the room. When stepped on it make the person into a 24 ft giant along with everything that have in their inventory.

"These insects.... they will become as tiny as insects comared to me! MUHAHAHA!"

Rush toward the giant making pad that i created and become giant. When that is done, stomp on it so no one else can use it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:46:07 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 07:11:11 pm »

If that grow pad tears a hole in the roof, can I fly out?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 07:14:50 pm »

Can my item be moving?
Sig! Onol

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 07:25:27 pm »

If that grow pad tears a hole in the roof, can I fly out?
I never said there was anything above the room except more solid concrete. the arena will remain boring until people make scenery or change it completely.

Can my item be moving?
Yes, I intended vehicles to be in inventory/items, when somebody changed the world to something more open, which may happen someday. You can make an army jeep, a turret, something like that, but please don't make something like Panzer tank. Keep in mind that your choice is only one level higher than a random, non-weapon tool. Also keep in mind that it will be spawned in with each player, and every player afterwards.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:27:21 pm by +!!scientist!!+ »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 07:28:27 pm »

realized scenery is OP, everything done this turn is fine, but it will be nerfed. sorry.
I'm imagining the flight....

T-3:48 Enter helicopter
T-3:19 Strap self in
T-2:14 Examine controls
T-1:37 Give up
T-1:29 Attempt to start helicopter
T-1:17 Attempt to start helicopter
T-1:01 Attempt to start helicopter
T-0:48 Start helicopter
T-0:37 Realize helicopter is not going up
T-0:31 Attempt to make helicopter go up
T-0:28 Attempt to make helicopter go up
T-0:23 Attempt to make helicopter go up
T-0:17 Tantrum
T-0:08 Accidentally make helicopter rise
T-0:07 Heartbeat abnormality
T-0:03 Calm self
T-0:00 Takeoff
T+0:07 Strike ceiling
T+0:11 Strike floor
T+0:16 Check self
T+0:22 Pray, Cry
T+0:58 Try to leave
T+1:02 Realize stuckedness
T+3:12 Get blown up by someone else

...So yeah.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 07:40:34 pm »

Can I choose where the item is moving on spawn, and at what velocity?
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7