Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Utopia: Kill, Escape Restart Reboot  (Read 12545 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: Utopia: Kill, Escape Restart Reboot
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2013, 05:40:45 am »

((Yeah. He's also quite good at brawling.))
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2013, 03:06:09 pm »

(How should time work for the RTD? Right now I'd say its mid afternoon)

(Then it's midafternoon.  Far as I'm concerned, there is absolutely NO need for turns to have a specific length that's always the same from turn to turn - in fact that makes no sense.  I feel 100% comfortable if turns where anyone is fighting a multi-round battle or doing a complex situation which again, is improved by having players interact back and forth with you in short time intervals compared to the usual story pace, suddenly start taking a few minutes or seconds, even if that means that a few players occasionally effectively get 'extra turns' because the others are taking actions which need more time to resolve and so haven't happened yet.

If we're all acting together on a plan that needs 8 hours to complete (build a structure, repair a car? whatever), have described how we are doing this, and the rolls you get suggest that our plan works without interruption or obvious reasons for us to decide to change plan - why not have that one turn cover those 8 hours?

Conversely if some of us are working on that car or whatever, and cannot hear or see what's happening to the rest of the group, who -do- run into something that needs resolution in shorter time intervals, I'd be 100% happy to have some of us effectively have 'nothing new to do' for a turn or even 10 while the 'interaction needed' players keep offering their actions - who knows, they might even find a way to get our attention off our car or whatever, at which point we all have reason to join in the short time stretch turns.)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2013, 06:39:30 pm »

This isn't dead btw, I'm just too lazy to write up a turn.

(How should time work for the RTD? Right now I'd say its mid afternoon)

(Then it's midafternoon.  Far as I'm concerned, there is absolutely NO need for turns to have a specific length that's always the same from turn to turn - in fact that makes no sense.  I feel 100% comfortable if turns where anyone is fighting a multi-round battle or doing a complex situation which again, is improved by having players interact back and forth with you in short time intervals compared to the usual story pace, suddenly start taking a few minutes or seconds, even if that means that a few players occasionally effectively get 'extra turns' because the others are taking actions which need more time to resolve and so haven't happened yet.

If we're all acting together on a plan that needs 8 hours to complete (build a structure, repair a car? whatever), have described how we are doing this, and the rolls you get suggest that our plan works without interruption or obvious reasons for us to decide to change plan - why not have that one turn cover those 8 hours?

Conversely if some of us are working on that car or whatever, and cannot hear or see what's happening to the rest of the group, who -do- run into something that needs resolution in shorter time intervals, I'd be 100% happy to have some of us effectively have 'nothing new to do' for a turn or even 10 while the 'interaction needed' players keep offering their actions - who knows, they might even find a way to get our attention off our car or whatever, at which point we all have reason to join in the short time stretch turns.)
I agree, it's just Brood wil probably want to get to tomorrow quickly and how many search turns can I do.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 06:41:36 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2013, 06:47:02 pm »

(( I do, I wanna find out how many men and how much kit the riot cop brings with him. ))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2013, 07:26:03 pm »

(( I do, I wanna find out how many men and how much kit the riot cop brings with him. ))
Depends on the dice.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2013, 07:31:01 pm »

(( Come on lucky 6 let's have 200 armored riot cops show up with a couple dozen trucks full of guns and a stolen tank. Or come to think of it, forget the guns I'll just take the tank. ))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2013, 07:28:36 pm »

TCM, Alamoes
Sigtext

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2013, 07:31:54 pm »

Can we do mini updates if players take to long? Or just auto pilot those players?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2013, 07:41:22 pm »

Can we do mini updates if players take to long? Or just auto pilot those players?
I've been autoing MOe. I might auto CM because I'm on an all-day trip tomorrow.
Sigtext

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2013, 07:49:27 pm »

Well I'm good with being autoed if a turn is waiting on me for more then 12 hours. ( Incase I'm working and my phone dies. )

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2013, 08:52:04 pm »

Inspect the other rooms on the floor.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2013, 06:26:23 pm »

((Dusts off a trumpet, should taps be needed))
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2013, 02:24:19 pm »

((Dusts off a trumpet, should taps be needed))
I would have had a turn up THursday, but I had to sleep so i could get up early for an orchestra trip, and then I slept for 14 hours so I'll get a turn up after I've caught up on bay12.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2013, 03:30:00 pm »

Turn 11:

Grabbing an assault rifle from the stockpile, Jason heads back upstairs and shows Clair how to use it in theory, guiding her through using it. (1+1) She gets confused and asks for clarification on various kinds of fire and what is the stock of the weapon. Jason searches for batteries and (3) finds a 9-volt battery inside a small timer.

Grabbing the M-16, Dr. Chomsky heads up to the roof of the building. (5) He finds it deserted. Around him, he sees empty buildings, smoke, and the occasional zombie. It’s a desolate place, with very few sounds except distant moaning, and (?) helicopter blades. Dr. Chomsky stares as he sees three military helicopters flying low over the rooftops about 3 blocks away. (?) As they fly by, a rocket takes out the rear of one and it is sent spiraling out of Dr. Chomsky’s sight. The other tow start rising as mounted machine guns open fire on the unseen street below. It seems that the city isn’t as empty as it looks.

(5) Rounding a corner and entering a cubicle, Robert finds the phone that was ringing. It is on the desk by a worker with a bullet hole in his back. Robert picks up the phone and answers it. Moe follows him.
“Hello?”
(3) “James! This is Dalmia. The things are everywhere. The kids are getting really nervous. One of them tried to break into our house. Why haven’t you answering my calls?”
“I am sorry, but I’m not James. I heard this cell phone ringing in the office building I’m holed up in and answered it.”
“Oh, then can you help me? Is my husband still alive?”
Robert looks at the dead worker. (1) His name tag reads James Owen.
“If his last name is Owen then he isn’t alive.”
There is the sound of crying on the other end.

Jane thanks the two men and then begins touring the first floor. As she patrols she pays attention to the two men following her. (?) They both look and appear to be what they said they are, She continues checking rooms for people or zombies. (2) However, she can find none. Finally she starts checking the entrances. Besides the front entrance, which looks like a large amount of zombies pressing against could break through, there is a small loading entrance in the cafeteria kitchen. (4) It is padlocked shut and it doesn’t look like it would be noticed. Heading back to the front entrance. Jane looks for stuff to put in front of it. (2) However, she sees Clair Jade walking into the grocery store and decides to wait as she will likely be back. Clair examines the store. It (3) appears to have been looted but most of the items are still there. (6) The store is also packed with zombies, (5-3) but the sheer number of zombies means that Clair is undetected.

Looking around, Haruki finds (2,2) the Joshua Tree album in another room and pockets it.

John heads to the fifth floor and (?) finds three zombies moving towards a girl in her 30s. (5-1) opening fire with his Bushmaster, he shoots one zombie in the chest, redirecting its attention.

Spoiler: Changed HP (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Group Supplies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2013, 03:34:18 pm »

Spend the next 2 hours continueing to teach clair and searching for batteries for my radio, a phone charger or other phones.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14