Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: Delinquent Players Help  (Read 70288 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Delinquent Players Help
« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2014, 03:23:20 pm »

By using your service revolver, most likely.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2014, 03:29:04 pm »

the heavy rifle has way longer range.
Obviously, which is why you use the bombs as propellant for other bombs, to increase the range. How are we supposed to beat a rifle by throwing things at a swift object without resorting to stupid-crazy?
I'll just go and assume you're serious. First, no way to aim, so to-hit penalty like a bad mother. Second, the process results in an initiative autofail (or, at least, heavy init penalties) anyway. Third and most important, the bombs have impact fuzes. The blast wave of the first bomb would inevitably detonate the second. And you have no way to detonate the first one in mid-air anyway. Short of shooting it. Hmmm...
Well, anyway, their fighter plane intercepted the enemy and shot it to fuck, which makes sense.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2014, 01:50:55 pm »

By using your service revolver, most likely.
Any pistol, of any design, comes into serious range problems when fired by a human. Go us!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2014, 01:02:17 pm »

The main thing is to not die with bullets in your gun or your sword in its sheath. Go for it!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2014, 02:22:53 pm »

Well, yes, impact detonation would turn it into a flame thrower instead of a cannon, which would be entirely inappropriate for the task at hand, and, incidentally, make the bombs completely inappropriate for use against aircraft, but very effective for use in land denial. So the only justifiable alternative is to stand atop the plane, draw a cutlass, and charge.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 12, 2014, 09:25:20 am »

Alright, I've got a situation in my game Thawed, in that one of the players (one ragnarok97...something) is failing to post. And we had such a good rhythm...

Anyways, the character is a former pirate captain who can create and control hydrogen. She was drafted into a new unit of assorted magicians to fight a sorceress-queen who froze the world a couple years back (this is the first year anyone's been strong enough to fight her). Currently, they're on clean-up for a pretty successful (if brief) mission to destroy some of the queen's minions, during which they accidentally killed or wounded a number of their own soldiers. Also, one of the members of the group is running away, but she's pretty much gone.
She's put out the fires with the help of the survivors, despite her own incompetence. What does she do now?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 12, 2014, 09:26:37 am »

Take a nap.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 12, 2014, 10:14:28 am »

Destroy the evidence, with fire!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 12, 2014, 10:48:26 am »

Apologize profusely for the tragic accident that happened.
Take a closer look at this text!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2014, 03:31:53 am »

There are three mages and a wood golem stuck in a room with a ancient fire element construct.
One of these mages is probably going to be unavailable for at least the next few days

His (available) spells are: Chain Lightning, summon a magma hammer over two turns, summons a sword of razor sharp glass (nearly) instantly, self-healing, summon whirlwind (around self) and diverge mind (lets him cast two weaker spells next turn).
He is completely unharmed, as well as having no items to use, nor can he use any magic other then these spells. His physical capabilities are pretty pathetic, and unless augmented by spells (or a good weapon) physical combat isn't even worth considering.

What should he do?

The thread (and the current turn) is here and the mage in question is mastacheese's Cromwell.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2014, 04:09:14 am »

Summon whirlwind to blow away the fire elemental.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2014, 06:52:19 am »

diverge mind. That way he will have more tactical freedom when he gets back, and noone will fan the fire(elemental.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2014, 06:54:18 am »

Attempt to pacify the fire elemental by singing "We Didn't Start the Fire".

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 17, 2014, 08:14:21 am »

Use my action.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2014, 10:13:19 am »

There are three mages and a wood golem stuck in a room with a ancient fire element construct.
Hm. I don't think the wood elemental's going to have a good time.

Attempt to pacify the fire elemental by singing "We Didn't Start the Fire".
That sounds like a hilarious action.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20