Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Delinquent Players Help  (Read 70291 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Delinquent Players Help
« Reply #195 on: March 03, 2014, 12:39:24 pm »

Strafe the enemy plane!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2014, 12:56:04 pm »

The plane is the biggest problem, the other allied plane can get itself out of the riflemen's range on its own, but the one with the damaged engine won't be able to handle pursuit.

Target the plane
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2014, 01:00:39 pm »

Alright, thanks. I'll go update now.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 03, 2014, 01:01:32 pm »

Besides, the other plane is throwing bombs at an altitude of 10 meter, so they'll either kill the gunmen or blow themselves out of the sky.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 03, 2014, 01:18:15 pm »

Besides, the other plane is throwing bombs at an altitude of 10 meter, so they'll either kill the gunmen or blow themselves out of the sky.
Somebody noticed. Grrrreat. This is gonna be fun...
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2014, 05:21:26 am »

So, same game as before. Two dudes in a plane are being chased by, you guessed it, another plane. The dude who requires an action is called Malachi Kelly, and he's the dude responsible for throwing bombs. The enemy plane is slightly faster than the one the players are flying. It is at a moderate distance from them - they are in its range. The enemy gunner has a heavy rifle. Kelly has several bombs and his service revolver. His pilot's action is something like "Fly away as fast as I can". Ideas?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2014, 08:22:36 am »

Light a bomb. Throw it at the enemy. Try not to throw it in own plane.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2014, 02:23:29 pm »

Light a bomb. Throw it at the enemy. Try not to throw it in own plane.
+1
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2014, 02:49:31 pm »

Throw three bombs, one to intercept the incoming fire, one to blow up the opposing plane, and the third to propel the others to the necessary velocities...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2014, 02:59:10 pm »

Throw three bombs, one to intercept the incoming fire, one to blow up the opposing plane, and the third to propel the others to the necessary velocities...
This would involve so many rolls. So many bad, bad rolls.
Also, all the options that involve throwing bombs (which are a actually tailfin and impact detonator kind of bomb, not the round fizzy kind) are an autofail on initiative because the heavy rifle has way longer range.
But thanks, guys, if nobody has any other suggestions, I'll go update.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2014, 01:39:39 pm »

This would involve so many rolls. So many bad, bad rolls.
Bad as in "a pain for the GM," bad as in "penalties," or bad as in "secretly awesome"?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2014, 01:45:55 pm »

Bad as in likely fatal.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2014, 02:12:41 pm »

Enemy plane is faster - are we more maneuverable by chance? Try to get pilot to circle around and eventually get behind the other plane. Gunner should take cover as much as he can, but keeping his pistol out to take a potshot at the enemy pilot if he can.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2014, 02:25:53 pm »

Guise, I really appreciate the input - no kidding - but I already updated it, because I was bored like a shack made of rectangular pieces of wood. But thanks nonetheless.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2014, 03:19:32 pm »

the heavy rifle has way longer range.
Obviously, which is why you use the bombs as propellant for other bombs, to increase the range. How are we supposed to beat a rifle by throwing things at a swift object without resorting to stupid-crazy?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20