Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe) (Day 3 since arrival)  (Read 21423 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Dude, Hugo. In the space of three days I carved out a hole in the ground! Maybe 4-6 squares of space! The whole furniture/farm thing is what I'm doing now.

4-6 total squares isn't that much space. A garden takes a lot of hard work to set up, and so does making furniture. A 4x4 (16 total squares) or 6x6 (36 total squares) would make a decent basement, but you'd need help from at least 2 others to get it dug before the end of the week. This is going on what I know about digging from relatives who've dug basements and graves. A week of 3 grown men (or almost grown teenagers) working hard could dig out a basement of 20 feet by 20 feet by 7 feet from floor to ceiling. You also might want to cover the walls, so you don't get dirt, water, or earthworms falling on your face as you sleep.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[Sleeping outside is fine for me, as i'm an elf. all we need is a blanket and a tree.]

After an unsuccessful taming trip, Kahn comes back from the forest, almost tripping over the sleeping and wounded Xantalos.

"Oh dear. erm, guys, has anyone got any thread and bandages? this guy could really do with some medical attention" Kahn looks around for medical supplies, first checking the wagon, then whatever pieces of shelter are up. She really doesn't want someone from real life to die.

She asks any dwarf or other resident of this rag tag bunch of misfits and forumites if they have anything that could work as a bandage. She was certainly not going to use her leaf dress, for two reasons. One, it was somehow made of individual leaves connected together in some strange way so she didnt want to risk destroying it and two, she wasn't wearing anything under it, that she could feel anyway.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 03:40:21 am by kahn1234 »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

AM I INVISIBLE OR DO YOU ALL HAVE SELECTIVE BLINDNESS
(sorry if that was a bit much)
I fixed him up with some blankets
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile

((Woo, mountainhall!))

As a dwarf rests in the recently-dug cave, a rumbling can be felt from deep underground. A tiny trickle of the Earth's fiery lifeblood flows from the top of the mountain. Thankfully, no more comes, for now. The clattering of obsidian on rock can now be heard from below the mountain, along with the screeching of strange creatures.

(The magma flow is very thin and small, remaining a trickle to a deep depth. Will continue later.)
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh hi.  I'm watching the cheesecake.  He raises zombies.  He's not doing much anymore, but there was going to be a fight.  I'll just go back to -Oh wait I'm hungry."  He says to the resting dwarf. 

Alamoes runs past the cheese cake and everyone, and takes some food.  He eats it, and runs back.  He resumes mining

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

*finishes fifth bed*

"...Dang it, who did I offer first choice to again?"

*heads out*

"Hey, which of you did I offer first choice of beds? I've got five made now, though the Puma Whisperer is currently occupying one. Take a pick."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

This message was sent to me by Hugo:

Why don't we just do what Talvieno did in the original thread? One of us could just run a fort, hacked to mirror the current RP, and just play it. We'd just use it to regulate the pace, things like digging, construction, and making stuff controlled by how long it takes in the game, but people could still do their own thing for the most part in the thread.  They could also write in reaction to things the game throws at them[...]  Migrants would have to be carefully controlled with dfhack, as the population has to equal the number of players/characters.

Just like with the very original thread, we could use this to get everything going, but have stuff start to move it towards the more 'freeform' roleplay aspect as stuff gets more settled.  Everyone will need to post what their skills are and would be considered.  We could accept the first-year migrants.  I can run it, but people will need to specify what they are doing in the next update, which I will try to have their dwarf/human/elf/etc do. (dfusion will be used to get this right!)  This, of course, will require a new thread, since the embark already described would prove to be extremely difficult in finding, as well as giving people some things (necromancy comes to mind).  Thoughts?

Note: the message was partially cropped, in order to prevent...spoilers.  :D
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd play.  Just post the link here. 

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds...complicated. I guess I could try it...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I could try.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

¡Y yo tambien!
(And me too!)

Count me in.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I have a world genned, what kind of site should I look for?  I remember one embark that I had that was with the goal of fortifying a road.  Don't forget that this is going to be you being dragged into the game, so you may want to go for safe.  But also keep in mind that the person who brought you here wants !!Fun!!, so you should also keep that in mind.  Maybe Untamed Wilds?  Just so you know, unless it is specified otherwise, the race you are going to be will be what you arrived as, if unspecified, it will be based on a roll. Low:Dwarf  High:human.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about you embark at the first site the game offers?
Sig

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

I'd say we go with calm wilds or even good forest. Remember, the only part of the world that really matters is this site - the rest of it depends on the story.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I'd say we go with calm wilds or even good forest. Remember, the only part of the world that really matters is this site - the rest of it depends on the story.

The RNG picked a pretty good site that will prove interesting.  In fact, it is almost exactly like what was described in the thread.  :D
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16