Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe) (Day 3 since arrival)  (Read 21424 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe)
« Reply #195 on: April 07, 2013, 04:42:47 pm »

Plus there's a little...something...I have in mind for me.

(May want to tell Hugo what it is...trust me on that, slowly revealing it to everyone...I tried that, and then sped it up to satisfy his curiosity.)

Xantalos' eyes fluttered. He yawned, stretched, that whole deal. Got up then wandered around until he found the cougar, which was still laying on the ground. "The hell? Hey, anybody wanna help me butcher this?
Anyone know how to butcher this?"

(I don't think you would wake up this easily so soon after you came back from fighting a mountain lion.  That should take a couple days to recover from, at least.)

Edit: (I'm going to put the day counter in the thread title in addition to the day-transfer posts.)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:44:34 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 07, 2013, 04:45:21 pm »

Plus there's a little...something...I have in mind for me.
(May want to tell Hugo what it is...trust me on that, slowly revealing it to everyone...I tried that, and then sped it up to satisfy his curiosity.)
(Aside from perhaps minor hints, it's not being important until a megabeast attack...one of a certain type.)

Xantalos' eyes fluttered. He yawned, stretched, that whole deal. Got up then wandered around until he found the cougar, which was still laying on the ground. "The hell? Hey, anybody wanna help me butcher this?
Anyone know how to butcher this?"
(I don't think you would wake up this easily so soon after you came back from fighting a mountain lion.  That should take a couple days to recover from, at least.)
(Doesn't stop him from trying...)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At least he will be able to lie on a comfortable rock pillow for a few days.
On a mattressless wooden bed.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

At least he will be able to lie on a comfortable rock pillow for a few days.
On a mattressless wooden bed.
((Wooden beds are probably better than the ground, still.))

Having nothing else to do, Doomblade started helping with the stone block wall. He might as well do something, and didn't have too many other skills.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'll be honest, I didn't quite understand the game concept too well and now it is clear I don't.. I'm going to back out of this))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((I'll be honest, I didn't quite understand the game concept too well and now it is clear I don't.. I'm going to back out of this))

(Truthfully, there really is no concept besides 'you have been dropped into dwarf fortress from reality'.  Besides that, all you need to keep track of is trying to keep thing 'realistic' in that it takes time and skill to be able to hone abilities, be they magical or menial.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

[jbg, the crater was just my attempt to hint subtly at what Zanzetkuken has now somewhat revealed about the wider world. The only thing in there is my attempt to have a presence beyond dropping cryptic details about stuff. But I know how to make it interesting so it wouldn't be out of character for you to investigate.]

The search for knowledge had revealed a small journal of notes on the body of the former master of this tower.

"...as a site of interesting research potential as well, so building the tower here will enable study as well as sufficient isolation. I cannot ascertain why they would have used so much force to destroy this, a simple stone peasant hut, but perhaps further investigation will reveal. Surely there is potential for something which they did not want falling into enemy hands, as the level of destruction indicates, so I have placed the seemingly meager items found amongst the rubble in a chest in case one of them turns out to be something of value..."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:01:44 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll investigate when I have the night creatures on my side, which I plan on doing this night if possible.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 07, 2013, 07:23:18 pm »

(I'm not sure I actually got any injuries apart from a concussion since I accidentally nutsacked it before I could do anything, but edited for realism.)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll investigate when I have the night creatures on my side, which I plan on doing this night if possible.

[That's a lot of power to assume within 3 days of arriving, don't you think? It's not even possible to do that in the current version of DF, so a single day is not nearly enough time to figure out how. A couple of items in a chest within the tower would be quicker to look at]

[Everyone, just seriously consider: if you wound up in a fantasy world, with real people you actually know (even if only in the sense of talking to them online) on these forums, would your first impulse really be to kill all of them?]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

(Well, this IS jbg we're talking about...)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

*Having finished his chambers beneath the tall hill, Gamerlord begins constructing some furniture from the rock lying about, building doors, chairs and tables. He also sets up a small farm with some seeds snagged from the wagon in the dirt layer.*

((One dwarf fortress FTW!))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[In the span of less than a day, you dug out several rooms, started on furniture, and planted a farm? It takes a legendary miner at least a day to dig out a small room.]

[Zanzetkuken, I'd recommend letting things go fast, so that way we're not spending umpteen pages on days of either nothing happening in tents and hovels as stuff gets dug out, or people doing things at a godlike speed because they're bored. Realistically, #1 priority of people should be working on either tunnels or building surface houses, not starting on crafts before shelter's even up.

In game, though minutes seem to pass, it's actually days. It usually takes until summer to have shelter dug out and workshops established, and that's with 3 miners. With just 1 forumite working on digging, you guys are going to spend a lot of time sleeping out in the cold and the wind. Cougar's got enough meat to feed you all for a few days, you have water, so you can afford to spend all your time digging or building cabins.

I imagine that by day 7, you'd have a simple cabin or a dug out room big enough for everyone to sleep in if you all pitched in. Realistically, nothing much interesting would happen in the intervening time, so you'd gain by just going to "surprised we've been here a week already." As of right now, you're still at the "sleeping under the embark wagon" stage, and you don't even have a wagon, much less a fort. You're still at the stage where everyone could be killed by 1 unfortunately timed Giant Badger. You can't be the crazy dwarves who create  awesome crafts yet, because you still have to be the pioneering dwarves who brave the elements and wilderness to establish a foothold of civilization, unskilled at first but learning to be badass through hard work and tenacity.]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

(What he said.)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Dude, Hugo. In the space of three days I carved out a hole in the ground! Maybe 4-6 squares of space! The whole furniture/farm thing is what I'm doing now.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16