Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: The Legend of Roll and Dodge: Turn 3: Counting Turns Might Not Be Lame  (Read 12841 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Roll and Dodge: Turn 0
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 09:04:35 pm »

"Ho ho ho, look at the beauties I got bunched with, this might not turn out to be such a bad trip after all."

Alduin murmured as he looked around the field at the small assortment of slimes. After a few mechanism he turned toward the red slime and pulled out his Infinity Mechanism and opened fire, perhaps the thing would be worth something if he killed it.

Blast the red slime with the Infinity Mechanism.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 09:05:40 pm »

"Hi guys!" Marina says, insufferably chipper. "You got picked too? This is exciting. I'm excited. Lets go kick some monster butt-t!" She says, a fire lighting in her eyes.

Then she blinks and examines her new surroundings. "Oh, what are those blobby things? They're so cute-e!"

She pouted as Alduin opened fire. "Aww... but they're so blobby-y."

play~Play~Play an inspirational chiptune!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:59:25 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 09:20:10 pm »

Dammit. Waitlisting.

*----------CHARACTER SHEET----------*

Name: Sis Galmer
Appearance: Kinda like Conan, but female. And with much less rippling muscle. And Red-Headed. And Not Arnold Schwarzenegger. So really nothing like Conan.
Sis Galmer comes from a long line of Desert Warriors, people who wandered the land, searching for things to fight for the heck of it. And loot. Also loot. In other words, she's a Red-Head in Steel-Studded Leather armor, with a few pink 'Extras' she put on while her mother wasn't looking, who happens to be a bit burly and carry a few weapons.
Backstory: Sis is, or, really, WAS the next in line to inherit the throne from her mother. You see, she was part of a Desert Wanderer Camp. So was every member of her family. What they would do every day, is go out into the desert, find and kill what they would think is the either the biggest, strangest, or most valuable thing they could find. Once they take either the whole beast or a trinket of their kill back to the camp, they would be marked on it. These markings decided who would get the biggest meal that night.
Sis, being the oldest, always seemed to win.
HOWEVER, she soon became interested in...different things.
She began bringing back pink pelts, purple gemstones, and overall sickeningly pretty items. Her mother was not pleased. For her insolence, she was forced into the most devious punishment known to the group.
READING.
But even this would not keep Sis down. She used the treasures brought back to decorate her armor, and actually enjoyed reading! She would sneak into her Mother's Throne Room, open up her vault, and take the spellbooks hidden inside. Sure, she didn't understand a single thing they said, but the pictures were nice, and they were hefty enough to kill a few things with. Heck, they were hefty enough to kill a LOT of things with!
But one night, her mother caught her, and kicked her out of the family for good. She was forced to wander the desert, something she had grown to be quite proficient at over the years. Eventually she came upon a lush town, lacking of sand of any sort. She was confused, but intrigued. She went into the nearest building and tried to ask for assistance.
Of course, being the illiterate fellow she was, she accidentally volunteered for the Search Party.

Whoops!
Class: Desert Wanderer/Cover-Chucker
Strength: 2d4
Intellect: 1d4
Dexterity: 1d8
Vitality: 1d6

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 09:27:38 pm »

Aw.

Might I ask what my waitlist position is?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 09:31:48 pm »

Aw.

Somewhere around two years.

Holy moley this waitlist filled out fast. As for why, I have no idea.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 09:33:18 pm »

Aw.

As for why, I have no idea.
...Are you kidding me?

ANY of your RTDs are going to get MOUNDS of players and waitlisters. Just remember that, and plan accordingly. Or something.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 09:34:02 pm »

Freeform should host perplexicon.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 09:35:16 pm »

By the way, here's some Talky Faces if you want to use them. For talking.

: "D'aww-w!"

: "GUYS I AM LITERALLY SUCH A BADASS"

: "Hm-hm-hm! Whaddawe got here, boys?"

: "...Feel unseasonably warm to anyone else?"

((i dunno how those last two talk yet))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2013, 09:39:05 pm »

Hey! My dude would've cut off halfway through to stare at Errol's character >:C

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 09:39:43 pm »

Aw.

I believe you underestimate the stupidity and/or aggression of the average Bay12er.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2013, 09:41:04 pm »

Aw.

I believe you underestimate the stupidity and/or aggression of the average Bay12er.
Eh, you overestimate the cruelty of FFS. I mean, I'm pretty sure only one person died in MKW. And one just left to fight in an intergalactic war in the future.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 09:47:07 pm »

FFS grievously injures, but holds back on the killing a bit. I mean, back in the good ol' days of Roll To Be A Gentleman Spy, I had my guts hanging out of my stomach, my suit covered in blood, and got banged up quite a bit, but never got killed, and the few deaths we had were kickass heroic sacrifices.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2013, 09:47:56 pm »

FFS grievously injures, but holds back on the killing a bit. I mean, back in the good ol' days of Roll To Be A Gentleman Spy, I had my guts hanging out of my stomach, my suit covered in blood, and got banged up quite a bit, but never got killed, and the few deaths we had were kickass heroic sacrifices.

That was Lawas' game, not mine.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2013, 09:49:25 pm »

I think you're more likely to see a player count expansion before any serious number (read: more than one) of player deaths.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2013, 09:56:30 pm »

Aw.

Eh, you overestimate the cruelty of FFS. I mean, I'm pretty sure only one person died in MKW. And one just left to fight in an intergalactic war in the future.
I didn't play that game...
Hm. Well, then. *locates a 2-year supply of popcorn and wonders what the point of a waitlist is in such a low-mortality game*
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8