Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: The Legend of Roll and Dodge: Turn 3: Counting Turns Might Not Be Lame  (Read 12843 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Roll and Dodge: Turn 0
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2013, 09:57:16 pm »

: Excellent! Lesser creatures we can harvest to grow stronger!

Help butcher slimes. See if pickpocketing them grants new items or just snags what we'll retrieve from their carcasses anyway.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2013, 10:06:24 pm »

Aw.

Might I ask what my waitlist position is?
Somewhere around two years.
I believe you underestimate the stupidity and/or aggression of the average Bay12er.
Eh, you overestimate the cruelty of FFS. I mean, I'm pretty sure only one person died in MKW. And one just left to fight in an intergalactic war in the future.
I didn't play that game...
Hm. Well, then. *locates a 2-year supply of popcorn and wonders what the point of a waitlist is in such a low-mortality game*
*RTRTD*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, 10:08:41 pm »

I miss that one. Gatleos is being all lazy nowadays, doing absolutely nothing.

Anyway, we should stop cluttering the thread probably.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 03:01:51 am »

: Wait, why are you makin' such a fuss about the slimes? Everyone knows the money's in the earth!

Vigorously cleanse the starting area of grass and pocket any currency unit that appears.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 04:11:10 am »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Legend of Roll and Dodge: Turn 1
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 09:01:26 am »

Turn 1

: Wait, why are you makin' such a fuss about the slimes? Everyone knows the money's in the earth!

Vigorously cleanse the starting area of grass and pocket any currency unit that appears.
play~Play~Play an inspirational chiptune!
"Ho ho ho, look at the beauties I got bunched with, this might not turn out to be such a bad trip after all."

Alduin murmured as he looked around the field at the small assortment of slimes. After a few mechanism he turned toward the red slime and pulled out his Infinity Mechanism and opened fire, perhaps the thing would be worth something if he killed it.

Blast the red slime with the Infinity Mechanism.
: Excellent! Lesser creatures we can harvest to grow stronger!

Help butcher slimes. See if pickpocketing them grants new items or just snags what we'll retrieve from their carcasses anyway.

Marina grabs her Elfin Axe and starts rocking out. She tunes it to "retro" and plays a haunting yet inspiring chiptune. (Intellect: 7) Her allies are INSPIRED! They'll gain a +1 to all Intellect-based actions until the end of the turn!

Alduin pulls out his red, bottomless rifle, takes aim and fires at the red slime nearby. (DexvDex: 4 vs. 4, 8!) The speeding bullet tears the red slime apart, blowing bits of slime everywhere! Alduin gains 5 EXP, 1 Gold and an Apple from the kill. Not a bad profit.

Cherry attempts to pickpocket an unwary blue slime. (DexvDex: 4 vs. 3) She pulls her hand out of the gel before it notices her. Cherry has scored a Blue Potion! Cherry lost 1 Mana during the attempt, though.

Lilianna searches through the grass nearby, knowing it has to contain something somewhere. She calls upon her knowledge of cliche retro adventure tropes and hones in on the taller grass. (Intellect: 1+1) Sadly, though, there's no gold or silver or even copper to be found in the grassy patches. It looks like she'll have to search elsewhere.

Spoiler: Marina/Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lilianna/Errol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alduin/adwarf (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:16:13 am by freeformschooler »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Roll and Dodge: Turn 1
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2013, 09:47:26 am »

Whack one of the slimes into submission, then loot the corpse and keep one of the frozen slime bits for science.
If all slimes are already killed, venture east to the Flutter Fields and scout the place.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 10:29:15 am »

Mourn cute slimes.

: "Whyyyyyy-y?"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 11:10:06 am by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2013, 10:52:30 am »

C'mon FFS. You said you'd PM me about this :S

Waitlist.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 10:53:17 am »

I dream that one day, that pm will come to me. When it does, what a glorious day it will be.

I nearly went with a giant. Then thought I'd spare the drawing duties that would imply. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 10:54:20 am »

: "Please don't tell me you're serious."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2013, 11:04:40 am »

C'mon FFS. You said you'd PM me about this :S

Waitlist.

((You gotta make a character to waitlist! Also sorry. I forgot.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2013, 11:09:59 am »

((So many pages, this was just posted yesterday <_<

ANYWAY, to the Hells of waitlist for me.

Name: Broo Dingnam Mmph
Appearance: 6.2, thin and lanky-perpetually scruffy, shoulder length dusky black hair (quite dashing), murky blue eyes, dark green skin and a wide smile. Wears a proper three buttoned coat in tan, and leather tri-corner hat on his head, with a blue feather perched jauntily upon. Is known to carry a spear for personal defense, tipped with three bird feathers-one yellow, one red, one blue.
Backstory: Broo is one of the 'Green Men' of ye olden times-a race of forest protectors, related to Elves but distinctly different-their spirits are actually partially plant based despite being physically mortal in all other ways, and the wisest among them have a variety of powers related to plant control, even being able talk to them-despite their vast lack of interesting things to say. Broo himself was never particularly gifted in offense, but his strong constitution, plant summoning, and powerful natural regenerative abilities make him difficult to defeat in combat. The wisest among his people also found he was good for standing in front of them, getting beat up on their behalf.

Broo himself is currently looking for hero type work, glad it doesn't involve asking the corn if it's being bothered by loud music-he's actually far from home, looking to avert a dire prophecy, and as prophecies usually go-it's extra dire. Unfortunately, Broos name is very rhymeable, which has made him a target for countless prophecies he's had to do, most of them fetch quests with almost no rewards-from the defeat of the World Render requiring a juicy peach to be delivered to the thirsty heroine La'Peach Mangrab on time (one of his favorites), to old man Oldmanderson needing medicinal mushrooms for his sick chickens (Who hides mushrooms in a locked chest?), to Dr. Ook Mankey getting his shipment crate of Polar Manknian bananas (Broo's not good at climbing trees, ironically). Yes, most of them involve fruit somehow, and ridiculous puns. It's probably very humorous to the Gods, since he is part vegetable.

He's got the latest one written down right here! He wishes he hadn't visited the snarky oracle, in retrospect...

Quote from: A Poor Broos Prophecy
Broo! You must find a lady fair (or close enough), with too many belts, a nice bosom, and gaudy azure hair.

Beware the meddling of this humans clutch! Yet, he must make sure the Worlds Fruits are hers to touch. The real ones, from the World Tree? What did you...never mind, you swine.

And now, for some crypticness-a heart for a heart, to prove the quest True. Through and through, by the two hands of blue. When the bell rings, you must let the fish swallow you.

...Find and protect this lady unfair, Broo must do...soon-or his peoples fate, brought all to...ruin?

Also, watch out for the evil Rutabaga Men (and women). There will be at least ten. Thousand. Of them, trying to kill you and the lady, Broo.

Have Fun! D:

If there's any hidden subtext there, Broo is completely ignorant of it. Also, maybe she just made this one up. He's never even heard of Rutabaga men, or women...he honestly, really just wanted to go on the quest to defeat the resurrection of the evil Witch he had been hearing about, though. So much treasure!

In any case, he has started by checking every grotty pub and inn in the land, and exterminating every rat infestation therein. One should eventually lead him to the main plot...even if he gets sidetracked on the way...

Class: Greenman Meatshield
Strength: 1d6
Intellect: 1d8
Dexterity: 1d4
Vitality: 2d4

@Errol: Hey, I don't know how it happened, but your character got incorporated into my own. :P If that's all right with you, yay! If not, please say so and I'll change it.))
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:05:09 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2013, 11:12:45 am »

I'm cool with it. No worries :P

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2013, 11:16:20 am »

: "Please don't tell me you're serious."

: "Well I know they kinda would dissolve me to the bone but we kept one in a pit back home. Granny Stormcandle used to feed it scraps and stuff. It was cute-e!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8