Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: The Multiverse All-Stars Tournament! - Tournament 1 Round 12!  (Read 34681 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: The Multiverse All-Stars Tournament! - Tournament 1 Sign ups!
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2013, 01:54:34 pm »

ZEUS (passive): +3 to every stat. Double damage taken from electricity and radiation, will die within three turns if placed underwater.
You must be hoping that someone make Cole(infamous).
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2013, 02:07:57 pm »

That just lists the thread in the 'new replies to your posts' page.
...What were you trying to do?

ZEUS (passive): +3 to every stat. Double damage taken from electricity and radiation, will die within three turns if placed underwater.
You must be hoping that someone make Cole(infamous).
I considered that, actually...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2013, 02:11:57 pm »

I was trying to hit that 'notify' button at the bottom posts bottom right hand corner, next to 'reply' 'mark unread' 'send this topic' and 'print'.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2013, 03:20:43 pm »

Thought: Is it just me or is the chargen system kinda... well, broken? For instance, you need a 6 in Reflex to be able to counter. With 5 stats, that means you'll be able to (or have a chance to) counter, but you'll have 1's in all other stats. Or are these points bonuses to a base value?

They are all bonuses. So having a 0 in RFX, you'll have 1/6 chance to counter since you'll need to roll a six. At 6 or more points in reflex, you'll counter all the time.

Kinda assuming that a 1D6 will be used unless stated otherwise lol.

Edit:
@Monkey, the Natural Ninja ability will be kinda useless. The arena will be really basic so climbing stuff will be kinda useless. I guess you could make it where you can use long range attacks with people in the same square if you are on the ceiling....

Well, in that case I will go back and edit my charsheet.
This is a blank sig.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2013, 03:58:59 pm »

I was trying to hit that 'notify' button at the bottom posts bottom right hand corner, next to 'reply' 'mark unread' 'send this topic' and 'print'.
Let me rephrase that.

WHY did you do that?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2013, 04:07:28 pm »

So I get emailed whenever someone posts in a thread?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2013, 04:10:56 pm »

Why would you do that? Especially in a thread like this, that might get... quite a lot of posts once it gets up to speed? Why clutter your email with it?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2013, 04:13:13 pm »

Well, I only get an email once until I check it again.

It's more a 'this topic has new posts' than 'someone posted'-'Another guy posted'-'Another guy posted'. thing.

Also my email would be just empty 24/7 otherwise so it's not a big deal, and I don't like the 'new replies to your post' thing.

Also It lets me know when a new topic is posted in forum games or the rtd forum. Insta knowledge!

Also greenstar has too many abilities and none of them have negative effects. Also his stats are over the limit by three.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:18:48 pm by dermonster »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2013, 04:45:00 pm »

Okay, so for statting out Rainbow Dash... I'm thinking along the lines of Str 2, Rfx 3, End 0, Spd 4, Aim 1. She's definitely fast and agile, as well as quite strong, but while she can take hits as well as any pony, her lightweight frame isn't built for tanking hits. For abilities.. hm. How about these?

- Breakneck Speed (active): +5 Speed, -5 Reflex. 2 turn cooldown after ability ends. RD must use up all move during the turn, otherwise ability ends. Ability also ends if RD is hit.
- Flying Tackle (active): Add the number of squares moved during the turn to Str and Aim, for one melee attack. Whether the attack hits or misses, RD is hit for 2 damage. If at Breakneck Speed, RD is instead hit for 4 damage, and Breakneck Speed ends.
- Sonic Rainboom (passive): If Breakneck Speed is maintained for 3 turns, gain +3 Strength, Reflex, and Aim for one turn (i.e. the 3rd turn it is active), then Breakneck Speed ends, with extra 2 turns of cooldown.

Would that work? I'd compile a proper sheet, but still not sure if it's a good idea to participate.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:50:28 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2013, 04:49:52 pm »

Well, I would actually not overly mind an MLP if you don't mind, say, reading Explosive Runs.
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2013, 05:41:03 pm »

Well, I would actually not overly mind an MLP if you don't mind, say, reading Explosive Runs.
You should probably be aware that the Giant in the Playground forums, the home of the Order of the Stick webcomic, are also home to the largest array of ponythreads this side of Canterlot.com. Ponythreads I am likewise a part of. So of course I don't mind. ^_^

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2013, 05:42:51 pm »

I just hope you all don't mind me busting the myths that you are alive.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2013, 05:46:16 pm »

I just hope you all don't mind me busting the myths that you are alive.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2013, 05:46:50 pm »

You should probably be aware that the Giant in the Playground forums, the home of the Order of the Stick webcomic, are also home to the largest array of ponythreads this side of Canterlot.com. Ponythreads I am likewise a part of. So of course I don't mind. ^_^
...Hm. Suppose I'm not missing much.
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2013, 05:48:27 pm »

...Hm. Suppose I'm not missing much.
Heh. Probably not. You probably missed the forums on last year's April 1st though. That was quite a pony day. ^_^

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19