Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200364 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 5 dawns at last
« Reply #735 on: May 10, 2013, 06:23:21 am »

I approve of Solifuge doing this. This will make me a more active player if we have a centralised repository of information, as I've not had time to retrawl through the thread.

Spoiler: Full Claim (click to show/hide)

Snuff Webadict's WHITE candle. Please be more co-operative.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 10, 2013, 07:32:06 am »

Onyxjew:
Not much else to say here.
'Not much'? How about where the fuck you've been for the last two weeks, fuckhole?

I'll withhold from claiming for now to see whether a certain someone will claim a certain something.

NQT, are you completely certain that spending a non-reversible (AFAWK) snuff (of which we only get one per day) on Wuba for 'not cooperating', as opposed to confirmed scum Ottofar or strongly suspected scum Ford is a good idea?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 10, 2013, 08:01:40 am »

You probably shouldn't have claimed that, then.

Also, that means there's not much good to come from lighting Vector's white candle. We won't know if she revived because of Tiruin's ability or because we lit her white candle.
...Lighting Vector's white will surely bring her back from then onwards, while my power on her will only bring her back for the day phase which happens tomorrow.

Ok, in his situation of being uncooperative, how does it mark him out as scum? I just see disagreement in his stead.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 10, 2013, 08:59:12 am »

PFP

Wuba is trying to keep helpful information secret. We can only solve this if we have the best idea about what's going on. He has the temerity to insult everyone for poor puzzle solving and then refuses to give information needed for solving the puzzle.

A good point was raised about the possible permanence though...
unvote Webadict, snuff Webadict's green.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 10, 2013, 09:19:33 am »

You mean blindly follow? Bite me. I have no reason to give any information. This stopped being a real puzzle when the light thing was removed. Now it's a game. Puzzle aspects might appear, but it's pretty obvious when they do.

I've said it before: Y'all are bad at puzzles. Claiming only proves it.

PFP

Wuba is trying to keep helpful information secret. We can only solve this if we have the best idea about what's going on. He has the temerity to insult everyone for poor puzzle solving and then refuses to give information needed for solving the puzzle.

A good point was raised about the possible permanence though...
unvote Webadict, snuff Webadict's green.
Really?

What's the solution to the puzzle then?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 10, 2013, 11:01:10 am »

PFP

Snuff NQT White. Webadict's contributed ten times as much as you have. You've spent most of your time this game focusing on reviving Solifuge and hiding behind the agreement to revive him instead of advocating for any particular strategy.

You're contributing a lot less than you usually do when you're town in a game like this one. You're also polling the crowd for opinions a lot without contributing your own.

Why so little effort, NQT? You voiced your desire to compile information on the game early on, but that has never materialized. You're usually quite quick to jump on these things. To me, it looks like you're taking great pains to avoid making a slip.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 10, 2013, 11:17:58 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Captain Ford Teal: Captain Ford
Light Dariush Teal: Dariush, Nerjin
Light notquitethere Green: notquitethere
Snuff notquitethere White: Captain Ford
Snuff Onyxjew944 White: webadict
Snuff Ottofar White: Dariush, Nerjin, Okami No Rei
Snuff webadict Green: notquitethere
Light webadict Teal: webadict
Light Vector White: Okami No Rei

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 10, 2013, 11:18:24 am »

Oh dear Ford. I've been quite busy and Wuba has been quite belligerent. Solifuge is finally compiling information and your defending the guy who's standing in his way of this.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 10, 2013, 11:42:38 am »

Oh dear Ford. I've been quite busy and Wuba has been quite belligerent. Solifuge is finally compiling information and your defending the guy who's standing in his way of this.
I don't think it's possible to argue with you. The simple fact is you're wrong, and you're blindly following, and you refuse to see this.

But what do you mean by Solifuge is finally compiling information? Finally as in he wasn't before? Finally as in he told he was going to do this before? Finally as in why do you say finally?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 10, 2013, 12:48:03 pm »

Blindly following? Someone in good faith offers a way to solve this, I'm not blind to that. I'm not ignorant to argument, you just haven't offered one: please do tell be what town gain in withholding information given the nature of this set up?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 10, 2013, 12:58:22 pm »

She'll return by tomorrow morning, if I'm not redirected, that is. Sadly, its only for one phase...so she'd be back for the day tomorrow.

PFP

Do you mean in-game tomorrow?

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 10, 2013, 03:01:58 pm »

Webadict: NQT isn't blindly following, he's been fishing for your ability for quite some time.

NQT: It helps scum figure out who to target? Like every other mafia game ever?
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 10, 2013, 06:52:39 pm »

Blindly following? Someone in good faith offers a way to solve this, I'm not blind to that. I'm not ignorant to argument, you just haven't offered one: please do tell be what town gain in withholding information given the nature of this set up?
Not to totally not care about your completely retarded question, but why did you say finally before?

Because your question is completely retarded. Do you KNOW the nature of this set-up? Because I don't. So why do you?

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 10, 2013, 08:24:43 pm »

Onyxjew:
Not much else to say here.
'Not much'? How about where the fuck you've been for the last two weeks, fuckhole?
Interesting word choice, but I'll answer all the same. Put simply, a combination of busy and lazy. Not necessarily equal parts, as business and pastimes tend to blend together for my tastes. I'll have more time over the weekend and, at worst, one more day of inactivity on Monday.

Long story short, if anyone wants specifics I can give them.

Everyone seems to be talking about changed abilities. Mine is the same, might just be a symptom of my absence.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 10, 2013, 10:53:46 pm »

Everyone seems to be talking about changed abilities. Mine is the same, might just be a symptom of my absence.
Hmm...did you get any sort of PM this morning/end of last night?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 108