Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199891 times)

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Half-life 3 edition
« Reply #705 on: May 09, 2013, 10:45:48 am »

OVERPOST - Can you tell I haven't had coffee this morning?

Forget I said this:
Very Late EBWOP
5: The green candle power of this third scum is the candle hide.
I forgot that Captain Ford's green is lit.  This assumption is not valid, meaning the third scum isn't necessarily someone with a green candle lit.

Ford was blocked N1, and they still used the candle hide.  That narrows the last scum down to either Nerjin or Webadict.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 5 dawns at last
« Reply #706 on: May 09, 2013, 11:19:52 am »

could we possibly Light notquitethere's Green candle today?
Why? Also, unsurprisingly? Whats so unsurprising about your statement in the post there?
The more town players that have their green lit, the more total town actions can be taken, the better chance we have at taking down the scum. My statement was unsurprising because I only have my white lit so it would be very surprising if I'd received a message or taken an action in the night.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 09, 2013, 12:17:28 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Dariush Teal: Dariush, Nerjin
Light notquitethere Green: notquitethere
Snuff Onyxjew944 White: webadict
Snuff Ottofar White: Dariush, Nerjin, Okami No Rei
Light webadict Teal: webadict
Light Vector White: Okami No Rei

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

Onyxjew944 has been Prodded. If I don't get a response back by tomorrow I'll do a forced replace.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:23:06 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 09, 2013, 12:21:11 pm »

Mod: I voted to Light Vector White. Is that votecount accurate?
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 09, 2013, 12:23:26 pm »

Mod: I voted to Light Vector White. Is that votecount accurate?

Sorry, looks like I was off one on the spreadsheet. It's been fixed.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 09, 2013, 12:39:05 pm »

Okami No Rei:
Before everyone gets focused on how two candle changes prove anything with Otto gone, I'd like to point out that there were two candle changes with Otto gone yesterday.  The thing that's interesting here is that scum did not hide a candle.  They've shown three actions (two candle changes and a hide) on every night that all scum have been active, and two actions (either one candle change and a hide, or two candle changes with no hide) on the nights that Otto or Captain Ford have been out of commission.
I figured that they just stopped hiding candles because there was no longer any point to doing so.

My power changed last night.  I no longer have the inspection (Tiruin came up Town last night, by the way), but I now have the ability, with careful vote distribution, to allow us to break the balance.
If you want your own Teal lit, vote to light it, and it will be done at day end.  The rest of us need to Light Toaster's Green, and Snuff Ottofar White.
That sounds almost too good to be true, but I can't see a way this could backfire.

Light Captain Ford Teal

I also received the warning of great pressure, and a storm.  I believe that message was sent to all with a Teal candle lit.
Would that imply that the storm hasn't hit yet? What does that mean?

...feck.

Look, there's problems with me being scum. There's the way I claimed being blocked:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The biggest problem with assuming that all scum abilities are tied to green candles is that it assumes that Otto has the candle hide ability, but his green candle wasn't lit on any of the nights where it was used.

I'm feeling rather discouraged because I have no evidence I can present to prove my case. The numbers are the only evidence you have and there certainly are other plausible explanations for what happened.

For example, perhaps Toaster is scum and no candle was snuffed N1 because he chose to use his ability instead. Once he lost his green candle, he thereafter used his snuff ability every subsequent night. It makes total sense that he would do this to incriminate somebody, and blocks are as common among scum as among town.

Regarding your vote to light Vector's white: There are very strong indications that Vector can't come back. The last thing the high priest said was "what is done cannot be undone", and the fact that Tiruin has an ability that resurrects someone for one day phase. Don't you think that vote will be wasted?

I don't recognize that candle scent. Has any scent appeared more than once?

Ottofar: Did your ability change? How?

Nerjin, Dariush, Onyxjew, Webadict: Now that your ability has changed, do you think it's safe to claim what it was and how you used it yet?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 09, 2013, 12:41:14 pm »

Forgot to mention: All the candles are producing the expected amount of heat.

Okami: If you don't trust me, why haven't you checked the candles yourself?
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 09, 2013, 12:53:32 pm »

Okami: I Realized I read your case wrong.

The biggest problem with assuming that all scum abilities are tied to green candles is that it assumes that Otto has the candle hide ability, but his green candle wasn't lit on any of the nights where it was used.
Strike this part from the record. I initially read your case as implying that the candle manipulations were tied to green candles, but you never actually said that, and you clearly indicated that you didn't think Otto or I had the candle hide ability.

Ford was blocked N1, and they still used the candle hide.  That narrows the last scum down to either Nerjin or Webadict.
It could also be Dariush. His green was lit on both nights that candles were hidden.

And why aren't you considering Onyxjew?

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 09, 2013, 01:08:26 pm »

I figured that they just stopped hiding candles because there was no longer any point to doing so.
They stopped hiding candles because there's only ever been two scum active each night after we figured out the candle hide thing.  Lighting/Snuffing candles is very likely considered a higher priority to them than using a broken power.  I'm sure they'd love to use Otto's supposed one-shot, but we've effectively shut them out of doing so since he claimed it (a mistake we need to continue taking full advantage of).  We cannot assume his supposed one-shot (if he was, in fact, telling the truth about it being a one-shot) also changed, since it might be separate from his green candle power.

I believe it was a warning that last night was the final night we could use our powers as they stood.

Okami: If you don't trust me, why haven't you checked the candles yourself?
The fact that Vector made a Bah! post rather than continuing to play is proof enough, but, if it makes you feel better:

I step off my disk and move over to Vector's White candle, holding my hand over it briefly, then return to my disk.

Regarding your vote to light Vector's white: There are very strong indications that Vector can't come back. The last thing the high priest said was "what is done cannot be undone", and the fact that Tiruin has an ability that resurrects someone for one day phase. Don't you think that vote will be wasted?
That may not be referring to the candle lighting/snuffing.  If it is, we'll find out tonight.  I think it's referring to the use of whatever caused the shift in power.  We cannot go back to our old powers now.

It could also be Dariush. His green was lit on both nights that candles were hidden.

I inspected both of them, and they came up Town. See here.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 09, 2013, 01:35:16 pm »

I step off my disk and move over to Vector's White candle, holding my hand over it briefly, then return to my disk.
...*facepalm*

You completely missed my point. Do you know why I'm bothering to check all the candles, and not just the ones that changed?

Because if they lit a candle and hid it in the same night, we wouldn't notice it. Why aren't you concerned about other possible shenanigans afoot?

I seriously don't understand why you would do anything less than check ALL the candles. It's mind-numbingly frustrating that you're so confident of your theory that you're not even looking for more information.

That may not be referring to the candle lighting/snuffing.  If it is, we'll find out tonight.  I think it's referring to the use of whatever caused the shift in power.  We cannot go back to our old powers now.
That's a good point...but the complete quote was: "Your votes matter more. What is done will not be undone!"

Our votes had a new restriction placed on them, while he simultaneously told us they were more powerful. I figured that he was telling us what made them more powerful.

You might be right, though...but since Vector is coming back we don't have to make this decision blind.

PPE: After thinking about it more, I think you're right. I don't see any reason why the way the candles function would have changed, so lighting her white would probably still bring her back. But I can't vote to light her candle and my teal, otherwise, I definitely would. At worst, we'd learn we can't revive any more, and at best, scum would waste their snuff on her (assuming they are still limited to two changes each night).

I inspected both of them, and they came up Town. See here.
Oh. Right. I forgot about that. You did that after Solifuge called out the scumteam.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Half-life 3 edition
« Reply #715 on: May 09, 2013, 02:07:31 pm »

Nerjin . . .Did your powers change this morning?

Nerjin . . . . Now that your ability has changed, do you think it's safe to claim what it was and how you used it yet?

Sort've... It's just that now it has a restriction. It didn't change too terribly much so I'm still not too comfortable with a reveal at this point.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 09, 2013, 02:32:42 pm »

Okami:
I believe it was a warning that last night was the final night we could use our powers as they stood.
Wait, so when did you get this warning? At the beginning of the night or midway through?

Solifuge's statement implied to me that it was the result of a night action, which could only have happened at the end of the day. Now I'm really curious to hear what Solifuge (and the person he's called out) have to say.

Did you get any other advice from your god yesterday?

Solifuge: Did you get the same warning as Okami? And wait...you have no green candle lit. It must have been your god who told you who was responsible?

My guess would be Onyxjew, as he said he had an ability he hadn't figured out how to use yet, while Nerjin said he'd been using his every night, and ... *it suddenly dawns on me*

The only other person who would make sense is Webadict.

...but then it's also possible that some people could have more than one ability...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 09, 2013, 02:39:00 pm »

...but then it's also possible that some people could have more than one ability...

Or are flat out lying about their abilities.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 09, 2013, 03:06:49 pm »

I had a protection power. It has since changed. I was able to protect candles during the Night.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 09, 2013, 03:09:33 pm »

Who's candles did you target Wuba?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 108