Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199959 times)

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 4 brings restoration
« Reply #660 on: May 03, 2013, 11:11:14 am »

Mine targets people, not candles.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 03, 2013, 11:24:29 am »

PFP
So...what are you, exactly? Odd one out during D1; different power and ability style...This rings along the power of the bellringer (Dakarian's first bastard, I think? Its in the notable games and Leafsnail was that role) due to the...utter difference in your role.

...I still don't see how snuffing green over white could end up with the better option. While it disables their power - they're still alive and conscious during night. If white, unconscious and if scum-have to waste their ability thing to relight their candle--this stops the person from acting though.

Unvote Dariush's White.

Light Toaster's Green.

TBH, first thought in my mind was on the blockers/inspectors, if any of those roles could be scum aligned. But, all of those claimed are proven town thanks to Okami, and Toaster's snuffed candle.

Note that, Otto's Green was out during D1. Ford's ability = Strengthen and had his Green alight D1. I remember something about Ford saying it was linked with Remuthra back then (PFP'd).

Okami: Could you expound more on that theory on snuffing scum's green as opposed to their white? Consequences of such? How did it come about?

[...]
There's a pretty obvious pattern here.  From the above, it can be inferred that Captain Ford is scum, and that scum must choose one among their number to effect one of their (max?) two nightly candle changes.  Presumably, the remaining scum (at least one, since they changed two candles while Otto was out) are then free to use any additional green candle powers.
Otto's white was never out. It was hidden by some kind of candle shade.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 03, 2013, 11:33:36 am »

Web:  I can roleblock someone to prove it if you light my candle.  How is it that hard to believe there are non-candle based abilities?

Meph:  Is it possible for a player to have an active ability that does not target a candle?  One that targets a player?

I'm totally up for blocking Otto, or Ford again.

Tiruin:
TBH, first thought in my mind was on the blockers/inspectors, if any of those roles could be scum aligned. But, all of those claimed are proven town thanks to Okami, and Toaster's snuffed candle.

Please elaborate on how anyone is proven town.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 03, 2013, 12:04:54 pm »

When I say proven, I mean most likely. I said proven because that's what I was thinking at the time...While it says pious priests @ OP, I was judging it more to the fact of you getting targeted N1, along with what else Okami said back there. I mean, inspector/Blocker on the scumteam...probable, and very deadly given our level of information at the moment, but that they got snuffed and then power-outed? Doesn't jive well with me on the opposite.

That and I'm suffering from lack of sleep.

I'm totally up for blocking Otto, or Ford again.
...Why are you blocking Otto if he's going to be KO'd at day end? I really doubt someone can use their powers or speak with their god in a comatose state. Really doubt that. [yea, medical views] Also, checking on Sol, he didn't get that message during that state of comatose.

Solifuge. Didn't. Speak. Any. Word. About his teal candle and unless he's a scum martyr (sacrifice to find out what happens), then this proves one thing. If you're out, you're out.

Testing on this hypothesis... Tiruin punches Ottofar. Any reaction?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 03, 2013, 04:27:18 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Snuff Okami No Rei White: Nerjin
Snuff Ottofar White: Dariush, Nerjin, Okami No Rei, RangerCado, Solifuge, Tiruin, Toaster
Light Toaster Green: Okami No Rei, Tiruin
Light Vector Green: Captain Ford, Dariush, RangerCado, Solifuge, Vector

High Priest Is there a particular things that the "scum" are doing other than just worshiping other gods? Must we really resort to such violent and intolerent practices? Is there a more peaceful way?
Opposing forces clash. I see violence within the maelstrom...

Meph: Has anybody been watching this hall while we slept? It's already been shown there's plenty of acolytes running around the temple. And if there isn't a night watch, can we organize one?
There are various lesser priests and acolytes running around at night. No one has mentioned seeing anything.

"High Priest, praise be to thy piety. May we know many Gods has passed these halls (or...chamber?) since we've slept, and perhaps, since our first meeting with you per rising of sun and moon? Also, may we know of why they leave their trace upon every candle snuffed?"
I see the faces of the gods. They are terrible and majestic.

Meph:  Is it possible for a player to have an active ability that does not target a candle?  One that targets a player?
Anything is possible.

Day ends at ~5pm Pacific Today (In ~2 1/2 hours, although it is likely to be a little longer than that based on my schedule tonight)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 03, 2013, 04:33:35 pm »

Light Vector's Green
Snuff Ottofar's White

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 03, 2013, 04:34:00 pm »

PFP

Okami: The only thing that makes me uncomfortable about not lighting Vector's candle is that none of her results have been independently verified yet. From my reading of Rysith's semi-bastard, she's clearly very capable of making those results up.

I think depending on a roleblocker would produce a ton of WIFOM in a game without flips, especially while we don't know what the exact mechanics are. We'd never know for sure if an action was blocked or if the scum were just screwing with us.

I don't have a defense against your accusation. I don't have an alibi, which is part of why I've been claiming things as up front as possible. (My ability claim has been confirmed, at least)

The roleblock on me does not explain why a candle was not lit on day 1, and you need to keep looking for another explanation.

I don't think roleblocking me or Ottofar would gain us anything. On top of that, blocking Ottofar instead of snuffing him seems like it would be taking a risk.

Snuff Ottofar's White Candle
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 03, 2013, 06:50:43 pm »

PFP
So...what are you, exactly? Odd one out during D1; different power and ability style...This rings along the power of the bellringer (Dakarian's first bastard, I think? Its in the notable games and Leafsnail was that role) due to the...utter difference in your role.
I'm playing the hand I was dealt.  Can't do more than that.

...I still don't see how snuffing green over white could end up with the better option. While it disables their power - they're still alive and conscious during night. If white, unconscious and if scum-have to waste their ability thing to relight their candle--this stops the person from acting though.
You're right about that.  I made a hasty decision to snuff Otto's green when I was pressed for time, and all I was thinking of was getting to our wincon as fast as possible.  I switched to White after considering the matter more carefully, for the reasons you've stated.

Okami: Could you expound more on that theory on snuffing scum's green as opposed to their white? Consequences of such? How did it come about?
It's based entirely on the "find them and break their power" line from Meph's OP.  I can't really expound on it because there's nothing more to say.  It's a shot in the dark.

Otto's white was never out. It was hidden by some kind of candle shade.
I'm not talking about when it was "out" D2.  I'm talking about when he was out of the game last night, after his white was snuffed.  Scum revived him this morning, but he couldn't have taken an action last night.

Okami: The only thing that makes me uncomfortable about not lighting Vector's candle is that none of her results have been independently verified yet.
Ah.  What we have here, folks, is a Freudian Scumslip.  Captain Ford is uncomfortable with us not lighting Vector's candle.  I posit that this is because, as scum, he believes my plan has merit, and doesn't want to see his team crippled.

From my reading of Rysith's semi-bastard, she's clearly very capable of making those results up.
You'd very much like us to believe she's making things up this game, wouldn't you?

I think depending on a roleblocker would produce a ton of WIFOM in a game without flips, especially while we don't know what the exact mechanics are. We'd never know for sure if an action was blocked or if the scum were just screwing with us.
I disagree.  We are currently playing a game of mafia in which Town can choose to revive those the scum kill, as well as those who are mistakenly or (in Soli's case) experimentally lynched.  We will always control the day vote, and so we have an unending game.  We also have two inspects and a roleblock that are probably on our side, which can be kept alive indefinitely.  Unless we have a role with a time-based wincon, such as a Doomspeaker or a Recruiting Cult, we're set.

I don't have a defense against your accusation. I don't have an alibi, which is part of why I've been claiming things as up front as possible. (My ability claim has been confirmed, at least)

The roleblock on me does not explain why a candle was not lit on day 1, and you need to keep looking for another explanation.
Well aware of it.  It could be coincidence, but an alternative explanation would be rather contrived and improbable.  Tell you what.  If I see evidence of two scum actions tonight with Otto unconscious and you blocked, I'll consider the possibility that you're not scum, and N1 was a perplexing coincidence, and simply rely on inspecting you to determine truth of the matter.

I don't think roleblocking me or Ottofar would gain us anything.
It apparently gained us a candle N1.  I'd like to repeat the experiment.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 03, 2013, 06:55:10 pm »

Well aware of it.  It could be coincidence, but an alternative explanation would be rather contrived and improbable.  Tell you what.  If I see evidence of two scum actions tonight with Otto unconscious and you blocked, I'll consider the possibility that you're not scum, and N1 was a perplexing coincidence, and simply rely on inspecting you to determine truth of the matter.

Good idea Okami. While you're at it want to just tell us outright what you'll be doing the next three nights so that the scum know exactly what to do? Bet you dollars to doughnuts that the scum'll only take one action now to clear Ford's name. Or wait maybe that'll just set up a bunch of WIFOM so that you can harass him tomorrow regardless of what happens.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 03, 2013, 07:24:09 pm »

Good idea Okami. While you're at it want to just tell us outright what you'll be doing the next three nights so that the scum know exactly what to do?
I may inspect Captain Ford tonight or tomorrow night.  I'm certainly not going to announce exactly what I'll be doing.

Bet you dollars to doughnuts that the scum'll only take one action now to clear Ford's name.
In order to clear Ford's name, scum would have to take all of their actions while Ford is roleblocked.  That's a rather tall order.  If he is Town and they decide to damn his name by only taking some of their actions, or taking actions that don't directly affect the state of the game (info or observation actions) that's a win for Town, since they won't be playing at their full potential.  We can always just inspect Ford to decide the issue, but I'd rather not waste an action confirming what can theoretically be confirmed anyway by tomorrow morning.

Or wait maybe that'll just set up a bunch of WIFOM so that you can harass him tomorrow regardless of what happens.
Not WIFOM.  There are a very strict set of circumstances that would clear Ford's name, and a very wide set of circumstance that would leave things in doubt.  Inspections solve the latter, but scum might decide it's more important to use their actions tonight, than it is to not clear Ford.  I'm willing to leave that to them, since if Ford is Town then they're either giving up consequential actions if they decide to damn Ford, or they're giving up info by using all of their actions visibly, thereby clearing Ford for us.  Regardless of the decision they make tonight, Town comes out ahead, and if Ford is scum, then we're taking those actions from them anyway by roleblocking him.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 03, 2013, 07:25:56 pm »

Good idea Okami. While you're at it want to just tell us outright what you'll be doing the next three nights so that the scum know exactly what to do?
I may inspect Captain Ford tonight or tomorrow night.  I'm certainly not going to announce exactly what I'll be doing.

Bet you dollars to doughnuts that the scum'll only take one action now to clear Ford's name.
In order to clear Ford's name, scum would have to take all of their actions while Ford is roleblocked.  That's a rather tall order.  If he is Town and they decide to damn his name by only taking some of their actions, or taking actions that don't directly affect the state of the game (info or observation actions) that's a win for Town, since they won't be playing at their full potential.  We can always just inspect Ford to decide the issue, but I'd rather not waste an action confirming what can theoretically be confirmed anyway by tomorrow morning.

Or wait maybe that'll just set up a bunch of WIFOM so that you can harass him tomorrow regardless of what happens.
Not WIFOM.  There are a very strict set of circumstances that would clear Ford's name, and a very wide set of circumstance that would leave things in doubt.  Inspections solve the latter, but scum might decide it's more important to use their actions tonight, than it is to not clear Ford.  I'm willing to leave that to them, since if Ford is Town then they're either giving up consequential actions if they decide to damn Ford, or they're giving up info by using all of their actions visibly, thereby clearing Ford for us.  Regardless of the decision they make tonight, Town comes out ahead, and if Ford is scum, then we're taking those actions from them anyway by roleblocking him.

Yeah that was all my bad actually. I mis-read what you were wanting to do. I apologize.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 03, 2013, 07:42:43 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Snuff Okami No Rei White: Nerjin
Snuff Ottofar White: Captain Ford, Dariush, Nerjin, Okami No Rei, webadict, Remuthra, Solifuge, Tiruin, Toaster
Light Toaster Green: Okami No Rei, Tiruin
Light Vector Green: Captain Ford, Dariush, webadict, Remuthra, Solifuge, Vector

You cast your votes. One again, Ottofar's White candle snuffs out leaving a faint scent of lantern oil. He himself slumps back down do the ground.

Vector's Green candle springs back to life.

You head back to your rooms, wondering what the next day will bring.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Night 4
« Reply #672 on: May 08, 2013, 04:43:07 pm »

A great weight fills the air as you enter the Great Chamber. Energy crackles around the High priest, bolts of color crackling in the glow that surrounds him. As you draw near he looks up. Tears of blood stream from his eyes.

"The gods are close." he whispers. "I see eyes staring down upon me. The firmament cracks around us. The power...is...great. Your votes matter more. What is done will not be undone!"

His eyes close, and he slumps a bit in the air. Attempts to call to him get no response.

Looking at the candles, Ottofar's White candle is once again lit.

Vector's White Candle, however, is not. A stream of smoke trails off of it, and the scent of wet ink tingles your noses.

The Candles stand thus:

Captain Ford: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is out
    Dariush: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is out
    Nerjin: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is out
    notquitethere: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is out
    Okami No Rei: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit
    Onyxjew944: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is out
    Ottofar: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit
    webadict: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is out
    Remuthra: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is out
    Solifuge: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is lit
    Tiruin: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is out
    Toaster: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is out
    Vector: White Candle is out, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit

Balance is enforced. Each of you must vote to Light one Candle and Snuff one Candle today.

The day has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday

My apologies for the delay. Things got really busy and I didn't have time to finish the write-up until now.
Come play Mafia with us!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 5 dawns at last
« Reply #673 on: May 08, 2013, 04:50:48 pm »

Well... This looks bad.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 5 dawns at last
« Reply #674 on: May 08, 2013, 05:25:44 pm »

PFP

Well... This looks bad.
What did you do?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 108