Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199963 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 4 brings restoration
« Reply #645 on: May 02, 2013, 02:31:09 pm »

Wuba, still not answering my question (third time now? Fourth?) DO YOU HAVE A POWER?
I'm not skipping your question on purpose. Please don't be a moron. I have a power. It should be pretty obvious I have a power. I just... I just don't get why you guys play these games. I just don't. Now I have a headache.

Also, in the future, maybe try getting my attention in a way that isn't halfway down a post.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 02, 2013, 07:37:06 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Snuff Dariush White: Tiruin
Snuff Okami No Rei White: Nerjin
Snuff Ottofar Green: Okami No Rei
Snuff Ottofar White: Dariush, Nerjin, Solifuge, Tiruin, Toaster
Light Toaster Green: Okami No Rei
Light Vector Green: Captain Ford, Dariush, Solifuge, Vector

Tiruin looks at Okami, then at Toaster, then glances at Vector, then lastly at the High Priest whose name she did not know. "Excuse me your most holy, forgive me if I'm being informal, but now that we're in mostly a consensus vote about who the traitors are, what shalt we do next? Is it possible for I to sacrifice myself in order to not let one of them pass back into this most holy chamber of ours?"

You must break their power with the tools you have been given

High Priest: "You've been here the whole time, all night. Has anyone entered this room during any of the nights of this trial?"
I see the faces of the gods...

(unrelated, just to see what happens) In my frustration. I attempt to kick over a candle. My white one.

You find that you cannot bring yourself to kick a candle.

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 02, 2013, 08:03:02 pm »

Light Vector Green
Snuff Ottofar White

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 02, 2013, 09:02:22 pm »

PFP
Tiruin speculated that someone may have had dust on them from snuffing the candle last night. That's dumb and it conveys an obvious misconception on her part. Namely that people would have to actually enter this room to do anything to the candles.

So far, the candles have been totally unaffected by our physical actions. They've been affected by our votes, and by the powers of other gods and prayer, presumably. Of course, there's a much easier way to clear that up.

High Priest: "You've been here the whole time, all night. Has anyone entered this room during any of the nights of this trial?"

(unrelated, just to see what happens) In my frustration. I attempt to kick over a candle. My white one.
Ooohh, its dumb indeed. I'm trying every possible option, buddy. Call it dumb and shoot it down, but it seems your frustration is speaking in terms of you've another perspective given the case. Question: Why do you call it dumb first, and then try to prove it later?

Anyway, whatever. Its all answered anyway [answer that instead]. Sol now says the scents pertain to Gods. His is Nirian (bread/harvest), Vec's is Derala (Dust), Toasters is...I forgot that one, its incense-scented. (Unknown? Incense refers to the substance rather then the odor produced - fragrant smoke...Aromatic plant material.) , Dariush's is Andoras (rain and wet earth). If there's anything I missed, hit me.

-fluff-
So anything other than insults, do you have anything to add Dariush? Your whole case on me is based on fluff, and you've nothing to add upon it but your incoherent rage. You want to be useless more, or at least try to make a case on me rather than stating how much of a condescending bastard you are, hmm?

Is that all you've got to persuade others, kid? Because the reason is, if you've had nothing to do with your white candle back there, then you'd have stated so. You'd have fought for it. Why didn't you? You're drawing much of your scumread on me based on the psychological factor of what I did D1. Explain that.

Nerjin
Tiruin speculated that someone may have had dust on them from snuffing the candle last night. That's dumb and it conveys an obvious misconception on her part. Namely that people would have to actually enter this room to do anything to the candles.

So far, the candles have been totally unaffected by our physical actions. They've been affected by our votes, and by the powers of other gods and prayer, presumably. Of course, there's a much easier way to clear that up.

Except that the High Priest has stated that we can only affect the candles while upon our diases.

That being said is there a peaceful option to all this? Must we really persecute a sect of devout worshippers? Maybe if we offer amnesty in exchange for their cooperation we can come to a peaceful agreement such as "We'll build you a little wing of the temple to do your worship. We won't bother you if you do the same for us."

Ah well...
...What. Why ask us when there's a shining pillar of the gods right there smack in the middle of our concentric argue-field?

Anyway, to those concerned [Ford, given taht he's asked]. The reason about Dar is, and because of, the evidence presented. One of which I can see is D2 morning. The time wherein the candles shift. Two confirmed Green changes. That, and Dar hasn't been that astute despite him claiming the intellectual high ground as he's not being that helpful in regard to the riddle, rather than target the persons in question (Continuous ad hominem against me also factors in...). That, and his whole case on me being...doubtful. Cleansing? Purgation? Try to associate names to fire and that's what comes into mind here.

Also, Ford's town (or at least not behind those shenanigans). There's no way-psychologically or not do I see him acting like that as scum, because that's what I'm really getting from him here. If there'd be any Mafia defense for him, there is none I can support, but seeing how his wording and post-style there? Nope. Not scum.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 02, 2013, 09:08:47 pm »

Except that the High Priest has stated that we can only affect the candles while upon our diases.

That being said is there a peaceful option to all this? Must we really persecute a sect of devout worshippers? Maybe if we offer amnesty in exchange for their cooperation we can come to a peaceful agreement such as "We'll build you a little wing of the temple to do your worship. We won't bother you if you do the same for us."

Ah well...
...What. Why ask us when there's a shining pillar of the gods right there smack in the middle of our concentric argue-field?

Because the High Priest seems to like speaking as little as possible as it's the will of the gods or something. Won't we end up killing the scum if we win? I dunno... Seems a bit harsh for just them worshiping different gods...

High Priest Is there a particular things that the "scum" are doing other than just worshiping other gods? Must we really resort to such violent and intolerent practices? Is there a more peaceful way?

Tiruin: I was wondering if I was the only one who got that vibe from Dariush. Ah well I'm sure there's a plan in there somewhere. I don't see it cause I blocked him a while ago but... *shrug*

[Sorry for the relatively empty post.]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 1
« Reply #650 on: May 02, 2013, 09:35:32 pm »

Heh, funny thing. You're the only one, D1 who's the odd one out.

Haha.

Weird. Why are you pantheistic? O_o
I pretty much have an alignment inspect, which could break the game.  I suspect Pantheism is equivalent to Miller, as a means of balancing.

Interesting. I think you knew very well how your candles affected you and are now trying to retcon this to slip something past us.
What retcon?  I was asked a question about my Teal candle.  I answered that I didn't know what it did.  My Power never entered into the conversation.

Never-the-less you lied about your role power while droppng hints. If you wanted to keep it a secret so bad why drop the hints in the first place?
I did not drop any hints about my power.  All of the "hints" in that post were speculation about my Teal candle.  All of the "hints" I've dropped since had nothing to do with my power, and everything to do with the flavorful bits of my role PM that may yet be useful in unraveling the puzzle.

Way to not even address the actual issue. Arguins semantics is much easier I suppose. Still that's not really an issue. Though I think that perhaps you do worship multiple gods. Only three less than you're claiming.
Which issue would that be? I didn't see any questions, just accusations that I'm scum.

If you end up smelling like any of the other townies [assumed] who've been snuffed I'll be the first to vote to bring you back tomorrow. Until then I find you're sudden revelation of your power a bit suspicious.
Sudden?  Revealing that I have an inspection was carefully considered on my part, and I felt it was necessary in order to prevent us from wasting precious time snuffing Dariush's candle.

I can see why you would want to do this (though I don't agree with your notion, and would prefer snuffing his white at least once more to see the results), but why then additionally roleblock Ottofar when he won't have a power?

N1 - Captain Ford Roleblocked
Scum snuffed Toaster Green, and Hid Otto White
Candle Changes: 1

N2 - No claimed Roleblocks
Otto white loses hidden status,  Otto green is Lit
Dariush white gains hidden status, Dariush green is Snuffed.
Candle Changes: 2

N3 - No claimed Roleblocks
Dariush white loses hidden status.
Otto white is Lit.
Vector green is Snuffed.
Candle changes: 2

There's a pretty obvious pattern here.  From the above, it can be inferred that Captain Ford is scum, and that scum must choose one among their number to effect one of their (max?) two nightly candle changes.  Presumably, the remaining scum (at least one, since they changed two candles while Otto was out) are then free to use any additional green candle powers.

I believe that our wincon is snuffing all of scum's green candles, which is why I wanted to snuff Otto's green, but now I really think about it, Snuffing Ottofar's White tonight is the better option. 

However, I don't think we should light Vector's green just yet. We need to Light Toaster's Green instead.

Yes, we need Vector's inspection, but Toaster's Roleblock is the key to breaking this stalemate we're in.  If we consistently block scum (Captain Ford or Ottofar), we'll deny either a candle change or the use of a power.  That leaves us either using one vote to fix damage during the day, and one vote to get work done, or we can be relatively confident that we blocked the use of a power if they get two candle-changes through.

With that machine rolling, we can consistently make progress on the candle front and between myself, Vector, and (once we have both Otto and Captain Ford out) Toaster, we'll be able to sniff out scum systematically.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 02, 2013, 09:40:57 pm »

Have you inspected Toaster, Okami?  Please refresh my memory--sorry.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 02, 2013, 09:43:30 pm »

No, I have not inspected Toaster.  I have only inspected Onyxjew, you, and Dariush.

I'm assuming Toaster's town based on his D2 roleblock claim, and Captain Ford's claim of being role-blocked.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 02, 2013, 10:31:54 pm »

Spoiler: RL (click to show/hide)

Tiruin:
Ooohh, its dumb indeed. I'm trying every possible option, buddy. Call it dumb and shoot it down, but it seems your frustration is speaking in terms of you've another perspective given the case. Question: Why do you call it dumb first, and then try to prove it later?
I was trying to disprove it. Logically, if the high priest saw something, he would have told us. Since he didn't tell us anything, he therefore didn't see anything.

Unfortunately, it looks like he can't verify things one way or another. But then I'd be amazed if someone wasn't watching this place.

...anyways, yeah, I came out stronger than I meant to when I was thinking about my response yesterday. It's certainly possible somebody came in here, but all evidence so far has shown that physical presence doesn't really matter.

Also, I just kind of thought somebody would be watching this place while we slept. We've got acolytes for that, right?

Nerjin:
He also said the candles could only be affected by our votes.

Meph: Has anybody been watching this hall while we slept? It's already been shown there's plenty of acolytes running around the temple. And if there isn't a night watch, can we organize one?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 03, 2013, 12:11:20 am »

"High Priest, praise be to thy piety. May we know many Gods has passed these halls (or...chamber?) since we've slept, and perhaps, since our first meeting with you per rising of sun and moon? Also, may we know of why they leave their trace upon every candle snuffed?"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 03, 2013, 04:09:38 am »

From the above, it can be inferred that Captain Ford is scum
Then why aren't you doiing anything about it?

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 03, 2013, 07:00:38 am »

From the above, it can be inferred that Captain Ford is scum
Then why aren't you doiing anything about it?
What do you want me to do?  I only have two votes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 03, 2013, 09:16:46 am »

Wait, what does Toaster's Green candle do?

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 03, 2013, 09:58:54 am »

PFP - He claimed a roleblock on Captain Ford N1.  That's the only night his candle's been lit.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 03, 2013, 10:51:09 am »

PFP - He claimed a roleblock on Captain Ford N1.  That's the only night his candle's been lit.
Not buying it. Nobody else has an ability that doesn't target candles.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 108