Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200454 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game)
« Reply #495 on: April 25, 2013, 08:24:37 pm »

Wow.

So.

That took a day for me to join.

Anyone want to fill me in on what I missed. I'd read what happened, but that's a lie, I totally wouldn't read what's already happened.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 25, 2013, 08:27:45 pm »

Great Statue thingy: Is it possible to make more candles or to destroy candles? If so what would the new candles do?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 25, 2013, 08:32:42 pm »

PFP

Vector is a scary liar that is why I wrote that poem that way, she's a good liar, in the holistic meaning of good though :P

I guess I was wrong about the boosting. I've been trying to puzzle it out from Tiruin's very mysterious hints (I'm beginning to think that she doesn't know what it does, but she's never said that clearly). It fit very well with the candle flaring up, and it made sense that Solifuge wouldn't have noticed any difference if his white candle didn't have any effect in the first place. I'm back to thinking it's a doctor-like ability, in which case your green candle is an excellent place for it anyway.

Also, if somebody is screwing with your results, do you think it would come from a green candle (or maybe another kind of candle, even)? Or do you think it would be inherent?
I've been thinking about it...and I guess the state in which information is given and what my power (and its targeting) is nominally...not that helpful if kept a secret anymore - well, I'll leave its power to you, but I'll give its essence.

You missed a few notes which I thought gave off the idea though :P
Clue #1:
Theory: It's a lynch-blocking ability. Suppose we shall see.
Hint: It isn't. And. It is.

...well, depending on the primary factor of oxygen and the number of people present. We're all going to die via asphyxiation since Meph forgot to mention the place has windows. Also, smoke.

Actually, You trying to kiss the HP set off a chemical reaction that affected your White Candle because I wield the power of love. Oh yes.
See, the number of people present >_> I thought it was that obvious then.

Compared to
Snuff Solifuge White: Nerjin, notquitethere, Okami No Rei, Onyxjew944, Ottofar, Remuthra, Solifuge

You cast your votes, standing upon your disks as you do so.

Solifuge's White Candle, though burning quite brightly, flickers and goes out. A faint scent of baking bread fills the air for a few moments, and then fades.

He collapses to the ground. A few lesser priests rush over to him and check him over. "He lives, though his breathing is shallow. We shall take him to the healing hall." They carefully carry him out.

Vector's Green Candle lights with a soft hiss.

See, we had about 13 people present at the time. 13 divided by two = 6.5, rounded off to seven.

We had seven people snuffing Sol's candle.
Hint: It isn't. And. It is.

...well, depending on the primary factor of oxygen and the number of people present.
Mine blocks candles being snuffed, but if only a half +1 of the people do not vote it. If more than the majority - it gets snuffed. As for what it entails in the night [As I thought I stated - its a day action], I'm keeping that one a secret for obvious reasons.

PS: Hit it, scumbags. I'm goading you. *Taunt taunt*

On the doesn't know part...what is being inferred isn't in what Meph said. Y'know, at all. Given that context, I was willing to just discard the probability but this being a riddle-game makes me think if Meph had any...ulterior designs when giving powers.

But I'll be wielding Occam's Razor from now on. Headache too much from uni reqs.

Yeah, I took a couplea ranks in stupid :3  Aren't I great?
Why not Dariush :/

Can't you inspect Dariush's snuffy candles? I took ranks in Incoherent Rambling (Persuasion), so there's me for that.

...You missed my question on you, and Ottofar.
Vector
Dude, if you boosted my green I would totally be the happiest little snail.
This was to Ottofar's comment above the quote right here, right? Why would you be glad from Otto's Dance of Sun and Moon regarding your green candle?

I like to think that my glory days aren't over, but god knows I'm just too damn old and tired at the moment to play very well ._.
It's all in the mind, ma'am. You ain't too old for being glorious. Because they never ended :P (I'm thinking its all RL? Hope you're doing fine enough to play though...)

PPE: Web

Query to everyone: Priorities? We can infer that green = power, Teal = message, White = blank...judging by occam's razor.

So what'll we do with the second vote? I'm all up for giving a Teal candle lit to someone instead of snuffing (or if snuffing, I'd go with Ottofar - under the current impression that someone swapped Dar's lights to the guy.) but I'm still musing over on why would Otto's white get snuffed then lit (perhaps not anything malevolent at all, just someone wanting Dar's candles out and shifting to the next person? I mean, Otto only had his Teal lit at the time, and the only knowledge we could guess from the Teal at the time was that it gave messages.).

PS Dance of Sun and Moon really gives me the thought of either: a) Aligned god's priests candles get switched from lit/snuff and vice versa. Meaning Sun/Moon sphere related gods OR b) Everyone's Lit/snuff candles get switched, or only particular ones in regard to...Dance of sun and moon, (like candles of only one color or stuff) whatever can be gotten from that.

PFP Nerjin
Great Statue thingy: Is it possible to make more candles or to destroy candles? If so what would the new candles do?
What great statue?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 25, 2013, 08:34:50 pm »

Well, first of all, Okami has an excellent cheat sheet.

You should at least read the opening post so you know how things are set up.

- Tiruin can cause lit candles to flare up, but we still don't know what it does.
- Toaster has the ability to inspect candles.
- We're pretty sure that green candles give you an ability when lit, and teal candles allow your god to give you advice. White candles are "connected to your soul", but so far only Solifuge has fallen unconscious from having his snuffed, while Dariush and Ottofar survived it. I think we generally agree that having lit candles is good. But we're still confused about how to kill people.
- Toaster inspected Ottofar's white candle and discovered it had a "menacing feel" to it. Speaking of which, I would really recommend reading Ottofar's response.
- Ottofar claimed a single-shot night action called "Dance of the Sun and Moon", but he doesn't know what it does.

There's more, but that's a good start.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 25, 2013, 08:36:05 pm »

What.

What statue.

Are you talking about the high priest?
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 25, 2013, 08:36:42 pm »

What.

What statue.

Yeah. He's a statue right?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 25, 2013, 08:41:39 pm »

EBWOP

Also, nothing happened to me during both nights. I did a flavor action to Meph like 'admire thought of candles', 'admire [players] garments' or 'contemplate on the meaning of life' (or...before I noticed that we moved back to our beds and all).

And I do not worship Avos. Well, technically I do but he's not my patron god.

Everyone,
Why, upon a recent skim of the thread, do I see less than half of the players talking but more than half just laying down their vote lazily.

What.

What statue.

Yeah. He's a statue right?
Ooooohhhh scum.

No he ain't. Try kissing him >_>

But seriously. He can't be voted - he lacks any candles, he's been glowing there and didn't state his reason when asked (because the Gods did it), nor can anything else regarding the riddle (as of now) be answered straightly. He does give flavor though.

Why do you blaspheme the title of high priest?! Why are you asking about the candles?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 25, 2013, 08:41:55 pm »

I believe he is a magical timelord of riddle-filled irritation.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 25, 2013, 08:42:43 pm »

I believe he is a magical timelord of riddle-filled irritation.
I believe you only pop in for side commentary and to lay down your vote.

What are you even doing :/

What do you think about the whole matter at hand, currently?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 25, 2013, 08:52:03 pm »

Tiruin: Okay, that makes sense now.

I guess I'm mostly out of things to talk about. But I would really urge everyone to be more decisive with their votes.

I've got a town read on Okami, so I really think following his god's advice and lighting Dariush's teal is in our best interests. But right now we're tied AGAIN for the second candle, so I would like to see either some more discussion or people laying down votes to make sure SOMETHING is done with our votes today.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 25, 2013, 08:53:25 pm »

Webadict: Just in case you missed it, this post was meant for you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 25, 2013, 08:59:21 pm »

Wow.

You guys are stupid.

The candles are actually really frickin' obvious.

Body.
Mind.
Soul.

White is for the Body. Life. You live or you die depending on whether this is lit or not.
Teal is for the Mind. Ability. You gain or lose actions depending on whether this is lit or not.
Green is for the Soul. Connection. Your connection to your god depends on whether this is lit or not.

Holy crap. That was far too obvious.

Any other brain-busters you all got?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 25, 2013, 09:03:00 pm »

Riposte:
The boy is scum, guys.  It says that white is attached to his soul and that the candle has a menacing feeling to it.

Also you mixed up green and teal. Green gives abilities. Teal is the connection to the god.

Also, both Ottofar and Dariush have survived with their white candles out. Dariush's is currently unlit.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 25, 2013, 09:03:32 pm »

If that ends up being the answer I will feel very foolish.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 25, 2013, 09:04:29 pm »

I'd say there isn't all that much going on, because we're still trying to figure out what all the candles do. As for Ford, I don't really think he has the characteristics exhibited to be scum at this point. Meanwhile, we wait for the day to conclude while getting information from the High Priest. My lack of activity msotly stems from a lack of action in the thread. There hasn't been much to really talk about other than sharing theories and role info, which to me indicates the lack of suspects and topics for discussion. If you look at the vote tally, we haven't agreed on what we want to do besides lighting Solifuge's candle, because we really don't have any good ideas on what else to manipulate without a pressing vote to make/debate about.

@Webadict: It seems far too obvious indeed, which is why I suspect it is much more complicated than that.

PPE: I appear to be stuck in a ninja megacombo.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 108