Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199934 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 3 - One replacement needed
« Reply #390 on: April 23, 2013, 04:15:59 pm »

Oh, right. Unvote Ottofar Teal. Vote Solifuge White.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 23, 2013, 04:18:04 pm »

Light Solifuge white, as should have already been done.

Opinion on Ottofar?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 23, 2013, 04:18:38 pm »

Remurtha: I haven't read much of day 2 but why are you so trusting of Ottofar? And Ford has a point, why would they light their own candles? Maybe Nerjin and Vector are Traitors trying to incriminate Ottofar? It would seem strange to me for the Traitors to be messing with their own player(s) twice in a row. Or even messing with a non-traitor twice. Maybe someone was trying to help Ottofar who isn't a Traitor?

(Won't vote as i'm still trying to be replaced)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 23, 2013, 04:20:30 pm »

I'm not trusting of Ottofar. If you look back, you saw I voted his white. I unvoted the teal because Solifuge needs to be brought back in this. At this point I'm about 70% sure Ottofar is not town.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 23, 2013, 04:24:50 pm »

Quote from: Vector link=topic=124340.msg4198553#msg4198553

Opinion on Ottofar?
Not sure what to think yet. I'll wait and see if anyone claims the action before drawing any strong suspicions, but it is eyebrow raising. He says he has a power now, so we can be pretty certain now that candles give you knew powers. My guess is the nature of each person's potential power is based on their god.

One morning this week I hope to properly break down all the findings in the thread, do some proper analysis, and see if any new conclusions can be drawn.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 23, 2013, 04:27:02 pm »

Remurtha: I haven't read much of day 2 but why are you so trusting of Ottofar? And Ford has a point, why would they light their own candles? Maybe Nerjin and Vector are Traitors trying to incriminate Ottofar? It would seem strange to me for the Traitors to be messing with their own player(s) twice in a row. Or even messing with a non-traitor twice. Maybe someone was trying to help Ottofar who isn't a Traitor?

This reads to me as muddying the waters.

Why do you think I'm scum?  If you do, bring a case, please, so that we can all benefit from it.

Quote from: Vector link=topic=124340.msg4198553#msg4198553

Opinion on Ottofar?
Not sure what to think yet. I'll wait and see if anyone claims the action before drawing any strong suspicions, but it is eyebrow raising. He says he has a power now, so we can be pretty certain now that candles give you knew powers. My guess is the nature of each person's potential power is based on their god.

One morning this week I hope to properly break down all the findings in the thread, do some proper analysis, and see if any new conclusions can be drawn.

Okay, so I'm pretty sure that you're town.  Hmm, what next.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 23, 2013, 04:28:55 pm »

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. I wake up [RL] and see this total mess. What is everyone doing.

darnit why so many new replies and I can't even-

First thing: Vector
Extinguish Ottofar White.
Extinguish Ottofar Teal.

The boy is scum, guys.  It says that white is attached to his soul and that the candle has a menacing feeling to it.
What and where says that wherenow?

PPE

This reads to me as muddying the waters.

Why do you think I'm scum?  If you do, bring a case, please, so that we can all benefit from it.
...He thinks you as scum?

I don't see him thinking you as scum.

Ottofar's white has been snuffed yesterday in the night, and then it was lit today.

While Ottofar was the subject in question - He isn't even saying what his Teal candle said >_>

I suspect Teal is tied to receiving messages.  My Role PM indicates that Teal is tied to Wisdom, and I received a message from my god at the beginning of N1.  Ottofar, would you confirm whether you also got a message?

I did, yes.

What doesn't make sense is why would scum waste a night...if scum did that - that's my confusd thinking now.

What did you receive, scumpriest.

Nerjin
I did nothing last night. How about everyone else?

I used my power.

Sorry for the double post.
What power is that. You claim you used it, then fluff. Why in the world are you doing that without giving anything else that says anything?

Like, fluff.

Ford
PPE:
Extinguish Ottofar White.
Extinguish Ottofar Teal.

The boy is scum, guys.  It says that white is attached to his soul and that the candle has a menacing feeling to it.
...hmm...how did his candles get lit, though? Is it possible that taking down his white led to them lighting back up?
...You didn't even ask on Vector's intention other than poke at what she was trying to get?

Remuthra
I don't have a power to use.
Oh well that's pretty damn obvious given the picture above that stated your Green was out since yesterday. Nobody did ask you whether or not you had a power ever at all.

Why are you stating this, perhaps conveniently right before Ottofar stated his power-thing?

I'm not trusting of Ottofar. If you look back, you saw I voted his white. I unvoted the teal because Solifuge needs to be brought back in this. At this point I'm about 70% sure Ottofar is not town.
Yeah, 70% without questioning him. Smart.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 23, 2013, 04:30:53 pm »

I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said. I'll ask my questions when I have more to go on.

Asked right there.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 23, 2013, 04:36:26 pm »

Tiruin: Vector already stated she was going to inspect Ottofar's white candle last night. This isn't a surprise.

...You didn't even ask on Vector's intention other than poke at what she was trying to get?
...what?

Why didn't you use your power yesterday?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 23, 2013, 04:38:31 pm »

Let's see: I'm a cop, I inspected his white candle, and I got that result.

If RangerCado speculatively thinks that I'm a Traitor, then he thinks I'm scum.  Then you turn around and attack Ottofar, calling him a "scumpriest?"  What's with attacking people for acting like Ottofar's scum, and then assuming he's scum yourself?  This smells like hypocrisy to me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 23, 2013, 04:56:45 pm »

I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said. I'll ask my questions when I have more to go on.

Asked right there.
Except while the first statement is true, you just repeated what you had yesterday as opposed to anything new.

Your green candle was unlit. Your Teal candle was unlit.

Why are you stating fluff - unless you wanted to prove that with the lack of green/teal, there is no power (sorta confirmed already given Otto/Toaster's post regarding it, I'm quite unsure how you could miss that.)-

(snip)
Asked right there.
...Ok. Query still holds though. Answer the above.

...what?

Why didn't you use your power yesterday?
And I did use my power yesterday (as promised). On the snuffed candle to check on whether it was truly snuffed or not - Meph didn't say anything @ flavor and I re-PM'd him. QED, it was really snuffed.

I'm unsure why yer not poking at Vector's premise of Otto-scum-
Tiruin: Vector already stated she was going to inspect Ottofar's white candle last night. This isn't a surprise.
Amend that. was unsure...

But given the context, I guess that means Vector is town (or bussing Otto but thats...O_o) as Ottofar didn't give one token about his teal candle.

SECOND DAMNING EVIDENCE IS THAT he did receive a message last day as stated
I suspect Teal is tied to receiving messages.  My Role PM indicates that Teal is tied to Wisdom, and I received a message from my god at the beginning of N1.  Ottofar, would you confirm whether you also got a message?

I did, yes.
And didn't say anything about it - if it was crucial/he was town - he'd at least give it out.

Snuff Ottofar's White

...Which leads me to think on yesterday. Town need their Green candles up - if the concept of powers is true given the theory of Candles = Lit = Life, as Ottofar had only his Teal lit and lived yesterday. Because this whole statement is really hinging on the notion of 'wtf how to lynch scum if Night actions mean they can shift candles'

Also, nobody's even poking at the flavor! I mean, I just woke up, am partly disfocused by the jolt of sleep that I'm both multitasking on researching on the laws of motion and their equations and Bay12 mafia and rambling any thought I've got at the moment seeing by what Ford said about Vector (which I missed >_>) and yet nobody's poking at the simple fact that (which I guess is true): "The # of candles affected per night rises by 2, or some equation of that sort."

Ottofar's White and Green candles are lit.

Daiush's White and Green candles are dark. A trail of smoke from the Green candle still lingers in the air, and with it a hint of rain and wet earth.
So what in the world happened. Nobody's claiming what they did at night, if town. Because the only shift in what green candles were present were Toaster's unlitness, and Ottofar's Lit-ness...which I guess gives the latter a power as of the day today on the guess that the four shifts happened at night.

Meph: Is there any working power-over-another thing? The one where certain powers take priority in their acting over other powers like as said before?

On Nerjin, I'm assuming his power relates to someone living despite candles unlit.

Nerjin, why'd you target Dariush then, of all people.

...Darnit this timezone :/

PPE
Let's see: I'm a cop, I inspected his white candle, and I got that result.

If RangerCado speculatively thinks that I'm a Traitor, then he thinks I'm scum.  Then you turn around and attack Ottofar, calling him a "scumpriest?"  What's with attacking people for acting like Ottofar's scum, and then assuming he's scum yourself?  This smells like hypocrisy to me.
I was typing as I read everything and didn't edit that post before posting...but yeah, now I see the points. That's one problem of me going to check the mafia board about an hour after waking up and getting ready for an exam later on, then deciding to post here...

But back to the point at hand. I don't see anywhere @ newday where Ranger specifically says you're a traitor. He's speculating in the way that its an opinion, as he's saying no reason behind it other than what can be inferred from his statement back there.

...But it does make sense that he's poking at a guess, but failing to make his intentions known. His "(Won't vote as i'm still trying to be replaced)" stood out to me though.

Ranger: Why suspect both of the people anyway? Judging by what you said, you're thiking...he was bussed? If you had voted, who would it have been at that time?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 23, 2013, 05:00:39 pm »

The only reason I mentioned it is because it was asked, and you don't ignore inconsequential questions in Mafia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 23, 2013, 05:05:57 pm »

Yes and that proves that green = power, and that you somehow didn't have a power beforehand.

But other than address me there, tell me.
Oh, right. Unvote Ottofar Teal. Vote Solifuge White.
Why unvote, over the priority of this vote? Questions to anybody, perhaps? Or just content with answers from everybody?

And what do you think about the current state of affairs here - nothing on your opinion?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 23, 2013, 05:09:40 pm »

Will be back in 12 or so hours. Real busy today - midterms.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 23, 2013, 05:17:40 pm »

Why unvote, over the priority of this vote?
I'm not sure what you mean here. Over the priority of what vote?
Questions to anybody, perhaps? Or just content with answers from everybody?
I'm not really interested in Ford, the only thing I would ask you at this point is about your power, which has already been asked, I'm agreeing with Vector here, and Ottofar is essentially already being asked everything I could think to ask, so who else is there?
And what do you think about the current state of affairs here - nothing on your opinion?
I'm quite suspicious of Ottofar's motives (Unlit and then relit? And then he had a power? That seems rather inconsistent.), I agree with Vector in his suspicion of Ottofar, and I think you're acting a bit scummy going after Vector and I, but I'm dismissing it for now because I can construe this as scumhunting. And again, no one else seems to be quite relevant yet, not having joined the discussion.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 108