Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Darkwood - top-down survival horror. Beta 3.0. Full release on August 17th!  (Read 22278 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkwood - top-down survival horror
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 05:02:11 pm »

Not to sound presomptuous but if an indie dev dont stop here... he is missing something BIG time.....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 05:20:27 pm »

They've already gotten covered by RPS. We don't exactly have that kind of clout :P

And o...m...g....

One of their other games? Kevin Costner's Tatanka Hunting Simulator 2013. It has the best sound effect ever.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 06:51:00 pm »

They've already gotten covered by RPS. We don't exactly have that kind of clout :P

And o...m...g....

One of their other games? Kevin Costner's Tatanka Hunting Simulator 2013. It has the best sound effect ever.
Why did i read DAKKKKA! tank hunting simulator when i saw that o.O
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

guteks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 04:42:16 am »

Hey!

I'm one of the devs of Darkwood - nenjin brought me here!

Thanks for all the love, we're currently working hard to start a Indiegogo campaign to get the funds needed to be able to work 24/7 on Darkwood.
That's why we won't be creating a forum until that happens (or even until the campaign ends) - hanging out in the forums is pretty neat, but eats up a lot of time.. Additionally, the trailer is a bit of a teaser and doesn't say everything about the game. We figured it would be best to make a cool pitch video explaining some other stuff about Darkwood, so everybody gets a clearer picture before going into deeper discussions.

You can get a lot of info on our Greenlight page and the Questions / FAQ discussion over there

I'll pop in here once in a while if you have any questions, but keep in mind we want to keep a lot of stuff about Darkwood a secret for now ;)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 05:12:36 am »

Posting to watch.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 06:40:47 am »

[snip] Thanks for all the love, we're currently working hard to start a Indiegogo campaign to get the funds needed to be able to work 24/7 on Darkwood.
That's why we won't be creating a forum until that happens (or even until the campaign ends) - hanging out in the forums is pretty neat, but eats up a lot of time. [snip]

Can we get informed via the email registered for the newsletter when the forum is made ? I'm quite sure people would want to know and it would bring in a good surge of users right when the discussion ought to begin.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:56:17 am by Mookzen »

guteks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 01:09:25 pm »

Can we get informed via the email registered for the newsletter when the forum is made ? I'm quite sure people would want to know and it would bring in a good surge of users right when the discussion ought to begin.

Sure thing! We'll definately announce it through all our current channels.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkwood - top-down survival horror: A dev is standing RIGHT BEHIND YOU
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 01:10:08 pm »

SUPER important question!

The breathing. Please tell me in the final build that it won't be the loudest thing you hear :P
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 01:10:59 pm »

Gonna keep an eye on this little gem. The trailer scared the bejeebus out of me, which is a good thing.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 01:16:41 pm »

I guess one more question. What's your reasoning behind IndieGoGo over Kickstarter? Better terms? Right now I'm not too terribly interested in spreading myself out over more funding sites, I've got about 10 projects backed on Kickstarter already.

If you guys do IndieGoGo, please make donations through paypal an option as well.

guteks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 02:22:15 pm »

Quote from: nenjin
SUPER important question!

The breathing. Please tell me in the final build that it won't be the loudest thing you hear :P

Hehe yeah, it is a bit exaggerated ;) Remember that it IS a pre-alpha and a lot of stuff will change.

Quote from: nenjin
I guess one more question. What's your reasoning behind IndieGoGo over Kickstarter? Better terms? Right now I'm not too terribly interested in spreading myself out over more funding sites, I've got about 10 projects backed on Kickstarter already.

If you guys do IndieGoGo, please make donations through paypal an option as well.

Quite simple - Kickstarter supports US/UK residents, and we're all from Poland. This could be of course avoided with some tax and legal bullshit, but we lost about 2 weeks after the trailer launched on figuring out how to launch on Kickstarter, and never got a clear answer if we would be able to do it without problems. There's also a possibility that we could get to pay some additional taxes after the campaign ends and we'd hate to waste our backers' money.

As for Paypal, Indiegogo supports it by default so we're definately going to set it up!

And a question from me: how much of a barrier is it for you guys to back a project on Indiegogo as opposed to Kickstarter?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 02:35:41 pm »

Personally I would prefer to back on kickstarter having had only good experiences with it and it being a popular backing site.

But I will be backing this game no matter how you do it. so it so long as its secure e.g. PayPal, amazon
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 02:54:53 pm »

I have backed a grand total of 1 project, and it was on IndieGoGo and it didn't seem to be a problem. I don't think you will have an issue with people who are already planning to back you, I think it will be harder to reach out to those on the fence.

How much do you need to raise?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 02:58:31 pm by Fikes »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 04:22:35 pm »

And a question from me: how much of a barrier is it for you guys to back a project on Indiegogo as opposed to Kickstarter?

It's a reasonably big barrier for me, as I just don't want to support two different crowd funding sites right now. It won't stop me from donating....I just probably wouldn't donate through IndieGoGo directly. I've had pretty good results with Kickstarter and it's simply the most popular.

guteks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 04:56:07 am »

Thanks for the answers guys!

nenjin, could you explain why you don't want to support more crowdfunding services? I'm trying to get my head around why certain projects are unsuccessful on Indiegogo relative to their fans and exposure, like http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dreadout. Not really interested in this myself, but this game has a ton of fans, and very few pledges.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9