Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217984 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 4: Day Of The Living Alive
« Reply #1260 on: May 12, 2013, 10:43:56 pm »

What I'm saying is, if you agreed with NQT then why did you redirect any badness coming to me onto him?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 12, 2013, 10:48:27 pm »

Tiruin: Before NQT's latest claim, who was your top scum pick and why?

*Tiruin points at TolyK for every darn reason detailed before.

Anything to add, or are you going to move with the addressing of my post?

Also,

You never detailed why you picked Vector AND THEN MOVED IT TO NQT~~

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 12, 2013, 10:59:01 pm »

Waitaminute.

NQT:  If Ranger is scum, why would he make TolyK unlynchable?
I'd like to point you to:

This one link on reasons.

This next link on two-shot.

Aaaand his claim.

The conditions thing are for it to auto activate on me, not for it to be used on another player.
...So your auto two-shot thing activates when someone targets you?
[/quote]

It's an Auto.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 12, 2013, 11:19:46 pm »

Tiruin + Vector: I had this arguement yesterday with someone! My thinking was that one or more scum were lovers and that Vector would be a target as she didn't have many current reads on anyone. Vector being immune to NKs it seems now, could mean that someone tried to kill NQT that night as well. This was all based on what i had seen day 2.

Yes the ability is an auto on myself. It is also a target ability to prevent someones death during the Day from any means. (this person could be me (auto) or another player (target))

Too fully clarify my two-shot: It will auto activate on myself if i'm in danger with the appropriate part. (just abilities or lynch) I can target someone with the lynch save but not the random hostile redirect. I have only my hostile ability block part remaining.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 13, 2013, 03:13:00 am »

NQT:
Is this as expected, Griff?
Completely expected actually; I only get flashes of what's going on, verbal photographs so to speak.

Also: Ranger claimed no actions; but he also claimed that he has already used all his actions...

Unrelated: How did you confuse TolyK and Tiruin in your spreadsheet?

Ford, ZU, Sheep, please weigh in from beyond the grave.)
Quote from: ZU
Hmm... I think its Tiruin again and Zrk was bussing D1.
Quote from: Ford
Griff's gotten partial info before, (he didn't see who Sheep targeted, after all, only that he targeted someone), so I can't say it's against what was expected. It really depends on the flavor of Ranger's ability whether that seems like a lie or not. It might be designed in a way that only requires him to target one of them.

Also, I find it really unlikely that Web would have sent "Ranger targeted Vector and NQT" because that provides A LOT more information. It would have told him not just that Ranger used an action and who he used it on, but also that it was an action with multiple targets (which is rare), and it also seems to break the "single nugget of information" style of the hints.

Tiruin:
Quote from: Sheep
Tiruin @ post #1229:

Wait. That all stemmed from that quote? I took that quote because you asked me for a quote saying you were an advocate of pressure votes!!! It's obvious I'm taking all my logic from the beginner's game because I quoted it when you asked me to? Also, at day end when I was under all that stress, I felt like you were intentionally being unclear and obtuse so I wouldn't have time to say and understand everything. That's a bit unfair, though, since it doesn't really seem like something you would do.

Ranger:
Tiruin:[/color] Before NQT's latest claim, who was your top scum pick and why?
Are you OMGUSing someone who isn't voting for you?

Sheep's Role-Claim
I am an Automancer

My flavor text has nothing really relevant.

Ability 1 (auto): I can't be forced to do anything against my will.
Ability 2 (Night): Grants the ability to vote twice. If not used on myself, I can take another action.
Ability 3 (Night) (1-shot): I become immune to the outside world and all actions.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 13, 2013, 05:29:27 am »

ALRIGHT, folks, I'm back.
I have a bunch of quotes and such in a post on another computer, so I will likely not answer questions in this post. Oh, and lotsa posts have been done anyways, so meh...

HEADER:
- Clarification
- Fishiness
- Idea

Some clarification:
- I have 2 targets currently poisoned, thus I can't use my Nuke!.
- I really, really wish that Toaster was actually scum - almost guaranteed victory for both of us! Alas, I really doubt this is the case. I also really, really doubt that there are two scum, AND both of them happen to be us... So, you shouldn't kill either of us. :P

Now. I'm town, whether you like it or not, and I think I've enough arguments on me to show that. Thus, I'll be acting as if I'm confirmed town, at least for most of this post.

I agree that I set really shitty reasons for voting Tiruin. But I've noticed something fishy. (No posttags since I'm lazy :/)
a) First this:
Quote from: Tiruin
Next, Nuke? When do you plan to use that?
And then this:
Proposition (with the same definition of 'what do you think?'): Nuke it.
Strange, huh?
It's also strange that I'm a town Poisoner and Nuker.
Since I read my role, I got to thinking - some scum or third party HAS to have either masskill immunity, or a revive or something, otherwise it wouldn't be explicitly stated in my role that my masskill ability doesn't go through protects and immunity, as well as through revives (i.e. takes out only one life). Otherwise, I could fairly easily win the game for town by killing everyone! It seems like the only person to claim that is Tiruin!
Don't you folks vote him, at least not yet. Of course, he could be a townie that would help me win in this case, but... I somehow doubt it.

There's also the thing...
If someone can reset NQT's lover ability, then the remaining scum can be lover'd to a player. Then we kill the scum, and he wins...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 13, 2013, 06:47:48 am »

TolyK, you're a good man and all, so I've so ask whether you've been listening to what I've been saying in the past regarding myself once more.

But first things first, what is your case? I could be a townie helping you...with what, given your words.

I ask you when you plan to use your Nuke because I'm still suspecting you (and Ranger now that stuff happened, too busy to think of it now...). You vote me on purely assumptive basis--what's the reasoning behind me stating such, huh? Any conclusive evidence in the past?

Second:
Some clarification:[...]
- I really, really wish that Toaster was actually scum - almost guaranteed victory for both of us! Alas, I really doubt this is the case. I also really, really doubt that there are two scum, AND both of them happen to be us... So, you shouldn't kill either of us. :P

Now. I'm town, whether you like it or not, and I think I've enough arguments on me to show that. Thus, I'll be acting as if I'm confirmed town, at least for most of this post.
See bolded part. What.

Alignment: Brother
Wincon: You win when [player_name] wins.
Alignment: Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead. (Mafia, Cult, SK, Lyncher, Assassin and respective Allies and Brothers)
Alignment: Mafia
Wincon: You win when your team equals or outnumbers the remaining players and all other killing roles are dead.

Read the above. Why are you afraid of death?

There's also the thing...
If someone can reset NQT's lover ability, then the remaining scum can be lover'd to a player. Then we kill the scum, and he wins...
There's another thing...

How are you so sure about 'the remaining scum' when there's ONE PERSON OUT OF US SEVEN?! TWO ARE LOVERS, RIGHT?

So sure you are. So vague is your persuasion. Could you at least go straight to the point, please? I know what I did; I know what I've done--nobody ever pokes at the past in regard to 'OMG TIRUIN IS SCUM' but always jumps on recent posts.

The whole post above irks me on 2 scum left, but that's just me and being tired thinking out loud.

Tiruin @ post #1229:

Wait. That all stemmed from that quote? I took that quote because you asked me for a quote saying you were an advocate of pressure votes!!! It's obvious I'm taking all my logic from the beginner's game because I quoted it when you asked me to? Also, at day end when I was under all that stress, I felt like you were intentionally being unclear and obtuse so I wouldn't have time to say and understand everything. That's a bit unfair, though, since it doesn't really seem like something you would do.
..Something I'd do. You say that like you know much about me--since you're dead and town, there's no reason in pushing the suspicious token, so let me explain what I'd do--regardless of alignment.

> Tiruin has trouble lying in every game played. Check back in the thread to see. If I'm blatantly lying--I choose to be specific about my words and specify other than be general regarding a case, this is all depending on the context.

> I want to clarify things. We all have different perspectives and we see things differently; whether town or scum, I don't want fights out of utter ignorance or blind attacking. If misunderstanding: we clarify. What your case on me was lying--lying on a post that was delivered, however out of date specified. Now, I'm asking--still am asking-- how that type of lying makes me scum. You have never gotten to the context of that but state the general: 'lying is bad' card.

How does that make sense.

> Beginner's game. I was your IC in the quotes you pulled your visible information from. I'm pretty sensitive on the effects of my acts on others. If I'm teaching someone wrong, then its purely my fault and the reason the person get's easy-lynched//scumhunts poorly, to state bluntly.

See?

Back to TolyK

And so you're oh so determined to prove it by voting me without expounding the case. Which arguments show you're town, by the way?

PS: Think of this. Set the scenario at a Nuke-point. If I'm scum, I'd rather kill people than protect/whatever you can think of.

We've seven people--let's say everything I've got was blocked or protected or whatever else happened.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've segregated those with a +1 life. Those with a Brother's wincon (you kill Toaster, you die the next phase, if my memory serves correct) and the time is set to us three.

Knowing that, you've a choice of Vector or I. Vector has a vote-steal power.

QED. Logic.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 13, 2013, 07:31:15 am »

PS. Before you pull of a load of crazy twists on my wording, note that I claimed full well before TolyK had.

Also, here's me hinting at my auto. And the other one.

Will be busy for the rest of the night. Stressed. Most other things considered, would be online because I'm busy working on plotlines and storytelling...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 13, 2013, 04:00:22 pm »

Vector and Tiruin:

Why would Hapah do that big truth-telling thing with you?

I'd like to point you to:

This one link on reasons.

This next link on two-shot.

Aaaand his claim.

Okay?  I wanted to know NQT's opinion, not either of yours.

NQT:
Toaster
Why would Hapah do that big truth-telling thing with you?
Also, having seen that TolyK wasn't going to be lynched, he could have just been making things up again.

Meh.  I suppose.

Ranger:
Tiruin:[/color] Before NQT's latest claim, who was your top scum pick and why?

Where are you going with this?  All I see is a vote to counter me asking you why you aren't voting.

Also, what is your opinion of Lynch All Liars?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 13, 2013, 05:27:24 pm »

Extend

TolyK
Proposition (with the same definition of 'what do you think?'): Nuke it.
Strange, huh?
It's also strange that I'm a town Poisoner and Nuker.
Since I read my role, I got to thinking - some scum or third party HAS to have either masskill immunity, or a revive or something, otherwise it wouldn't be explicitly stated in my role that my masskill ability doesn't go through protects and immunity, as well as through revives (i.e. takes out only one life). Otherwise, I could fairly easily win the game for town by killing everyone!
So you're immune to your nuke?  Because I'm pretty sure town has to be alive to win.

...I'd say lynch either Ranger or Tiruin. Perhaps lynch Ranger and make Tolyk kill Tiruin. I wonder if you could go through both Tiruin's lives in one go if you combine the lynch and the poison. You should ask about that. If Ranger flips town, it will confirm his inspect on NQT.

I guess I'd kill Tiruin. If Tolyk really is town, then because of the nuke ability, Tiruin is likely scum.

Cases against nearly everyone because several people seem happy to bandwagon whenever a case that sorta makes sense shows up:

NQT:
NQT is obviously scum:
1. His lover ability is too game breaking if he is town.  The brother wincon makes it so that any scum would gladly sell out all his compatriots, essentially winning the game.  This is possibly mitigated if there are more than one SK.
2. His wording here that "This is a beautifully pro-town move." as apposed to something that is less about how amazing a town he is and something along the lines of "This makes sense from any angle."
3. Has contradicted himself on the reasoning behind the votes.  Version 1: "Rest assured I have chosen my targets very carefully and to the best of my fallible judgement."  Version 2: "I picked the people who, Day 1, I'd least mind if they died."
4. He spent most of D2 claiming that people were going to mislynch him and then regret doing so.
If NQT knew Ranger was making it up, then nothing Ranger extracted from NQT can be trusted.

Toaster & TolyK:
Toaster & TolyK are obviously a cult(or possibly a scum-sk grouping, but a cult is more dramatic) created by the lovers ability:
1. Toaster mentioned being a mafia/sk ally as a possibility for why it would make sense to tell your brother that you were mafia or third part.  This was supposedly after almost three long days of having that change to your win-con.   Which indicates that the brother ability was not completely thought out.
2. NQT was completely unaware of the changed wincon.  I know this is a meta argument: but wouldn't that be EXTREMELY important information to properly target the ability?  In the case of an accidentally created cult, hiding the wincon change makes perfect sense.

Tiruin:
Tiruin is obviously a third party:
1.  Around half of her arguing with people seems to be based on her confusion about what the other player is saying; which I feel wouldn't be the case if she were interested in reading into what people are saying to determine what they're saying as apposed to just skimming.  But at the same time she's obviously scrutinizing the posts to get her reads, so she seems to to faking scum hunting.
Actually, Tolyk made an excellent point. Since he does have a nuke, it makes a ton of sense for scum to have protections. That makes both Tiruin and NQT likely scum...
3.  She's the only person whose action claims have not been confirmed by anyone else. 

Ranger:
Ranger is obviously scum or third party:
1.  The operative verb for my knowledge of Ranger's interaction with vector was "sneaking".
2.  Webadict seems to do a brilliant job of connecting abilities to the claimed element, except in Ranger's case.  His abilities are seem to be at most tangentially related to his claimed element.  They also miss the obvious pun "shadowing" for an tracker type of ability.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 13, 2013, 06:23:26 pm »

Griff: If it helps i can say my official role name and/or the official names of my abilities. ShadowDancer was my official Role Name. Ability names i will say on a request of 3 or more players. Also, anything from are friends from the grave?

Toaster: Partially. I also have questions for her below. As for LaL, this can be applied to NQT as well for constantly changing what his abilities actually do. My opinion on it: If the lying can be confirmed as Pro-Town or if it confused scum to no end. Other than that, its a reasonable policy.

Tiruin: Why are you so quick to join NQT? You've suspected him for most of the game and yet you haven't questioned him much at all today, even joining him seeming against me without questioning him on his findings at all. This doesn't seem right at all.

Vector: Same as Tiruin, why so quick to join NQT?

NQT: Didn't you say you were going to claim who you redirected? Also, i've been asking you to try and vote each day because we know that both Ford and Sheep had abilities that gave people another vote. This means that someone could have been given a vote.
[/quote]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 13, 2013, 06:51:04 pm »

OH YEAH
Though it was included on my sheet of claimed actions, which Ranger obviously hasn't read (make of that what you will), this probably could do with being made more explicit:

Tiruin is probably not scum.

I redirected her to Griffionday last night and Griff is still alive now. Griff hasn't claimed any self-protecting ability, and the only person to have claimed to have protected Griff last night was Tiruin herself.

Look, if you're like RangerCado and haven't bothered to read the collected claims sheet, I seriously recommend you doing so.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 13, 2013, 06:59:48 pm »

Griff
Could you please try to do something more helpful than send out undirected weak attacks on everyone except Vector.

NQT:
NQT is obviously scum:
1. His lover ability is too game breaking if he is town.  The brother wincon makes it so that any scum would gladly sell out all his compatriots, essentially winning the game.  This is possibly mitigated if there are more than one SK.
2. His wording here that "This is a beautifully pro-town move." as apposed to something that is less about how amazing a town he is and something along the lines of "This makes sense from any angle."
3. Has contradicted himself on the reasoning behind the votes.  Version 1: "Rest assured I have chosen my targets very carefully and to the best of my fallible judgement."  Version 2: "I picked the people who, Day 1, I'd least mind if they died."
4. He spent most of D2 claiming that people were going to mislynch him and then regret doing so.
If NQT knew Ranger was making it up, then nothing Ranger extracted from NQT can be trusted.
1. I asked Wuba about whether the ability could change someone's Wincon, as that was news to me, and he said that it was possible. My power is balanced by the fact that it was dead easy for me to lose my lynch vote.
2. But it was beautifully pro-town. Are you seriously quibbling about my word choices?
3. I wasn't contradicting myself, I was lying-- there's a difference. I didn't want Toaster and TolyK bumping me off if they were scum by giving away that I thought they were scummy. Now I don't think they're the most likely scum.
4. Surely this a nulltell? It's just a fact that you would regret lynching me just as I regret lynching Ford.
5. Sure, I suspected ranger was making it up. Now I'm pretty sure Ranger is scum and you shouldn't trust what he says anyhow.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 3: Bacon And Begging
« Reply #1273 on: May 13, 2013, 07:06:32 pm »

As the group half-heartedly tries to finish the game, webadict pulls out his wand and makes spirals in the air.

"La dee dah..." webadict hums, until he points his wand at notquitethere, whose arm promptly EXPLODES.

"JESUS CHRIST!"

"HOLY FUCK!"

Several members duck for cover, which is kinda pointless, given that the explosion already happened. notquitethere is gasping in pain, clutching the wound.

"It's not like it matters, guys. He doesn't even have a vote!" webadict laughs. Everyone else is horrified. "NOW FINISH THE GAME, MAGGOTS." notquitethere's arm is back to normal.

Vote Count
------------------------
Griffionday -
notquitethere -
RangerCado - Vector,
Tiruin - RangerCado, TolyK,
Toaster -
TolyK - Griffionday, Tiruin,
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Toaster,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Day Extended.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 13, 2013, 07:07:48 pm »

...I missed one thing and you make a spectacul out of it... Why? you could have just pointed out that you already said that. And your contradicting yourself with 5. You said you could see where i was coming from and why town would do that after i explained why I lied. Now your saying straight up that i must be lying again about my day inspect.

I urge everyone to extend. We need time.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 93