Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217987 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 4: Day Of The Living Alive
« Reply #1245 on: May 12, 2013, 06:44:16 pm »

Tiruin: Sorry for missing that question. Okay, one at a time.

An example of my mind in conflict on your scumminess: Yesterday you seemed to deflect questions, and discount anyone trying to piece together the lack of NKs. Yet i never see any hint that you may be lying in what your saying.

Yes i picked NQT on not just 1 claim, but all 3 of them at the time. (Lovers chat, kill immunity, inability to vote)

My redirect redirects the actions taken against the two to eachother. And i explained why, however flawed my logic was, after i claimed the redirect. Page 58, second to last post.

The conditions thing are for it to auto activate on me, not for it to be used on another player.
Have i missed anything?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: May 12, 2013, 06:47:17 pm »

Well, yes you did.

Why did you target NQT and swap him to Vector (and vice versa)?

The conditions thing are for it to auto activate on me, not for it to be used on another player.
...So your auto two-shot thing activates when someone targets you?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: May 12, 2013, 07:12:17 pm »

Oh, because not only was this not explicitly my wincon (just implied through flavor that I'd like him to die), but I never got a PM saying anything had changed.  So I've always been town but I think there was an extra "lynch him and get a role upgrade" thingus, which I didn't satisfy so I've remained a Charismage.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: May 12, 2013, 07:35:00 pm »

I BET YOU THOUGHT I'D CLAIMED EVERYTHING
Well, I didn't

You know my auto-ability? Yeah, it doesn't work exactly how I said it works. Whenever I use an action against a player, or they use an action against me, I am protected from their murderising for a full cycle afterwards. Functionally, this is identical to what I'd claimed except for two things:

• I was only immune to TolyK and Toaster's kills for the first night. I lied just in case one of them was scum intent on killing me.
  • I am immune to the night kills of people who targeted me the day before. This is important for my case below.

By telling the full truth, I'm exposing myself to considerably more danger. This is to emphasise how seriously I take my following case.

My wheels-within-wheels style of nested truth and deception should surprise none of you by now. I took the time to compile a handy spreadsheet of all the claimed actions:

And I came to a shocking conclusion. RangerCado is the scummiest!

The Ranger-as-Scum theory fits the available evidence:

Night one, Zrk2 probably used the scum kill, I redirected him to Vector where it bounced off harmlessly.

Day 2, Ranger inspects me, making me immune to death-by-Ranger. He might well have been lying about the whole thing. In any case, my town-flip would do wonders for his credentials.

Night 2, Griff sees Ranger target Vector. Note, he doesn't see Ranger target Vector and NQT. Is this as expected, Griff? Vector claims NK immunity. (Far-out theory: Ranger has a one-shot doublekill he used against NQT and Vector but both were protected by their abilities.)

Night 3, claims no action and is the only person to have claimed no action for N3 other than Vector, who has her claim verified by Toaster. He could have targeted Griff or Vector, explaining the lack of a night kill.

Furthermore, everyday since Day 2 when I lost my vote, RangerCado has asked me to confirm if I still can't vote. Something scum have an incentive to know if they want to keep me around until LYLO!

(I'd really like it though if you could all look at the evidence and see if there's a better theory and let me know any claims I may have missed. Ford, ZU, Sheep, please weigh in from beyond the grave.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: May 12, 2013, 08:03:20 pm »

Ok...That does seem to coincide with his actions as of the previous moments, huh.

But that doesn't explain his lack of case against...anyone an-

He's been following you all this time, NQT. And pushing his cases alongside your ideas. What is your take on that?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: May 12, 2013, 08:06:30 pm »

I think it's interesting that he'd do that alongside trying to protect me by redirecting actions on me to NQT... that looks almost like he's playing a different night-game from his day-game.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: May 12, 2013, 08:17:00 pm »

Tiruin
He's been following you all this time, NQT. And pushing his cases alongside your ideas. What is your take on that?
Scum have a major incentive to keep me alive until LYLO because, all other things being equal, my lack of a vote means a win for them. Ranger being my biggest fan and puffing my town credentials this whole time is totally in keeping with a scum modus operandi.

Vector
I think it's interesting that he'd do that alongside trying to protect me by redirecting actions on me to NQT... that looks almost like he's playing a different night-game from his day-game.
I think he may be lying about the action redirecting. He already proved himself willing and capable of making huge lies when he made up the part about the ability inspect against me. The more I think about it, the more I think he targeted you in the night and when it failed he made up a line about redirecting actions from me to you and vice versa just in case anyone was inspecting at the time.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: May 12, 2013, 08:31:52 pm »

...NQT: Have you been waiting for the mid-day to give that out, again? Why?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: May 12, 2013, 08:53:45 pm »

Okay.  You presumably still don't have a vote, so I'll help with the interrogation.

RangerCado, why has your voting pattern not matched your night actions?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: May 12, 2013, 09:19:10 pm »

...NQT: Have you been waiting for the mid-day to give that out, again? Why?
I wasn't deliberately waiting, Tiruin. I've had a very busy weekend and only now got the chance to sit down and put together all the action claims. When I did this I realised that RC was way more suspicious than I'd previously noticed, and one part of my suspicions rested on an aspect of my ability that I hadn't claimed yet.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: May 12, 2013, 09:20:37 pm »

NQT:  If Ranger is scum, why would he make TolyK unlynchable?

Ranger:  An interesting point comes up when looking at you- why aren't you voting anyone?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: May 12, 2013, 09:22:45 pm »

Why would Hapah do that big truth-telling thing with you?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: May 12, 2013, 09:25:41 pm »

Toaster
Why would Hapah do that big truth-telling thing with you?
Also, having seen that TolyK wasn't going to be lynched, he could have just been making things up again.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: May 12, 2013, 10:33:57 pm »

...Well this turned against me fast...

NQT: Wow, that... actually is a pretty good case... theres only two things that sounds weird to me. First, "Is this as expected Griff?" What do you mean by this? Second, you later say that it would be in my best interests as scum to keep you alive. Why then did you suspect (however slight) that i used a doublekill on you and Vector? It would seem more prudent as scum me to target Tiruin and as a night kill to create WIFOM?

Vector: I don't fully understand this question. I used my redirect only so it can't be plural. And how does that make my voting pattern odd?

Toaster: You aren't voting either. As for why i'm not voting, i haven't had the time over the weekend to do more than answer questions. I've been going through theories in my head but not much else.
Okay, question time:

Tiruin:[/color] Before NQT's latest claim, who was your top scum pick and why?

NQT:[/color] Yes i've shown a willingness to lie through my teeth, and yet you have been leading us on giving new information and "correcting" old information everytime you make your massive claims. I'm starting to think you really do have a godfather ability. Why should we believe you anymore than me? (besides my already revealed lying.)

Ford + ZU + Sheep: What are your takes on NQT's constant claiming?
I'll be back in an hour or two, I need to do some digging and do stuff around the whole forum.
[/quote]

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: May 12, 2013, 10:36:24 pm »

Sorry for double post. EXTEND we need more time for this.

WEB: can we get a vote count?
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 93