Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217856 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 3: Bacon And Begging
« Reply #1005 on: May 01, 2013, 08:04:34 pm »

EBWOP:

Wait, that's like 3 abilities already NQT...Your lover-kill-immunity is an auto, isn't it?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 01, 2013, 08:39:19 pm »

Tiruin
I'd be very interested in hearing whether Hapah can confirm your action last night.

Also, I have no word that anyone targeted me in either N1 or N2. Ever.
You wouldn't have been informed when you were targeted by my ability.

Query: What is your action on your targets, hm?
As I described, I send Wuba a name and that person can't NK me that night.

Reasons for targeting those people? Why are you only saying this now?
I targeted Vector night one because she was my biggest critic at the time and if she was scum or third party I didn't want her offing me in the night. I targeted you night two because I have a hard time telling when you're scum and when you're town so I erred on the side of caution. I'm claiming now because if Griff put down the hammer, I might be dead by morning from Toly's alleged poison and I wouldn't have had the chance to tell town this very useful information.

Wait, that's like 3 abilities already NQT...Your lover-kill-immunity is an auto, isn't it?
I have essentially described my three abilities, but there are some additional complexities. There are specifics that I don't want to divulge in case someone has an ability mimicing power.

Vector
I did nothing.  Like I said--I targeted no one.
Is there any reason you wouldn't have died if targeted by scum last night?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 01, 2013, 08:46:31 pm »

Query: What is your action on your targets, hm?
As I described, I send Wuba a name and that person can't NK me that night.
Hmm, interesting. So you're pretty much averse to death, huh.

...I notice the huge list of Kill-immunity styled abilities. Perhaps this is why Web did not disclose the ability info?

Tomorrow will be pretty much a haphazard guess course on the NK thing, however I really do believe the lack of kills are tied to a factor. TolyK is my best guess (and that I'm not claiming my action yet, however my action does correlate to what I'm saying here--I can claim my action and receive no hindrance to its potential use, but doing so would pretty much let the cat out of the bag at the moment [lack of information]).

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 01, 2013, 09:32:02 pm »

I did nothing.  Like I said--I targeted no one.
Is there any reason you wouldn't have died if targeted by scum last night?

Yes, there is; however, I'm not going to say anything more on that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 01, 2013, 10:38:56 pm »

Tiruin
...I notice the huge list of Kill-immunity styled abilities. Perhaps this is why Web did not disclose the ability info?
My bet is on a revive ability of some kind, as Web said that such an ability is no good if the other abilities are revealed.  There was also ZU's (?, need to double check) claim of an ability that was supposed to be able to copy abilities if he knew the name.

...You know, at this rate, I really believe we're heading into massclaim tomorrow, or today if information trickles in at this rate.
Why do you keep bringing up things like this?  Meaning things town should do that you faintly disprove of, but want to get the town's opinions on?  It seems like you care too much about our opinion.

Toaster
Can you give us your read on Hapah?  Thanks.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 01, 2013, 10:42:53 pm »

Okay, here are the facts combined with NQT's newest claim:

NQT has put lovers on 2 people.

We can assume the lovers are not Vector or Tiruin due to him using protections against them.

Last night NQT protected himself from death by Tiruin if she targeted him with an offensive ability.

Last night i redirected everything that happened to Vector hit NQT and vice-versa.

This would explain the lack of an NK and incriminate Tiruin... I'm inclined to believe NQT here. This is tough for me as both of them haven't steered me wrong, i've trusted both of them so far, but after all this, Tiruin has appeared to be the scummier of the 2 in the long run.
NQT: If i'm right, i just explained the night kill. Do you believe my version of events, or do you have your own theory?

Tiruin[/color]: Same question as the one to NQT.

(Wondering why i appear to be looking for approval of my theory? I want to know what the others think went down if they disagree with me.)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 01, 2013, 10:55:47 pm »

Ranger, the very possibility of Tiruin having targeted Vector and you telling the truth was a prime reason for me to claim. (Incidentally, if Vector is scum and if she's telling the truth about having some mechanism for avoiding night kills, if she had targeted me in the night and had it backfire on her, this would also explain the lack of a kill. But there's a lot of 'ifs' here.)

Unless someone else claims a revive/protect/delay/block/whatever, Tiruin being scum is the best theory we have for the lack of a night kill.

Griff, are you soft claiming having a revive ability or are you actually going to provide some useful information?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 01, 2013, 11:16:44 pm »

NQT
Are you soft claiming having a revive ability or are you actually going to provide some useful information?
Difficult question.  I'm not soft claiming; but on the other hand I've no useful information to share.  You see my predicament here?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 01, 2013, 11:28:55 pm »

Well, it's useful to say that you're not responsible for lack of an NK, if that's the truth.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 01, 2013, 11:39:13 pm »

Well, it's useful to say that you're not responsible for lack of an NK, if that's the truth.

Would I really have spent the majority of the time before the first mafia was flipped believing there was a cult as our main enemies if I was possibly responsible for the lack of a NK?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 01, 2013, 11:51:03 pm »

That doesn't account for night 2, and is there any reason for your evasive language? Afraid of a truth mage? Tell me plainly, in a complete sentence: are you responsible for the lack of a night kill?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 02, 2013, 12:16:51 am »

I have no ability that in any way prevents or causes night kills.  If I am responsible for the lack of a night kill, I certainly don't know about it.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 02, 2013, 02:10:59 am »

Ranger, man. You're jumping from target to target, basically, whoever's getting bandwagoned.

There's also the thing.
What will we do with TheWetSheep?

Should I antidote him, or let him die?

How about this way of voting? (the k and a at the end is for me to Ctrl-Find them easily)
Kill: TheWetSheep(k)
Antidote:TheWetSheep(a)

My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 02, 2013, 08:12:33 am »

Okay, here are the facts combined with NQT's newest claim:

NQT has put lovers on 2 people.

We can assume the lovers are not Vector or Tiruin due to him using protections against them.

Last night NQT protected himself from death by Tiruin if she targeted him with an offensive ability.

Last night i redirected everything that happened to Vector hit NQT and vice-versa.

This would explain the lack of an NK and incriminate Tiruin... I'm inclined to believe NQT here. This is tough for me as both of them haven't steered me wrong, i've trusted both of them so far, but after all this, Tiruin has appeared to be the scummier of the 2 in the long run.
NQT: If i'm right, i just explained the night kill. Do you believe my version of events, or do you have your own theory?

(Wondering why i appear to be looking for approval of my theory? I want to know what the others think went down if they disagree with me.)
Ranger, the very possibility of Tiruin having targeted Vector and you telling the truth was a prime reason for me to claim. (Incidentally, if Vector is scum and if she's telling the truth about having some mechanism for avoiding night kills, if she had targeted me in the night and had it backfire on her, this would also explain the lack of a kill. But there's a lot of 'ifs' here.)

Unless someone else claims a revive/protect/delay/block/whatever, Tiruin being scum is the best theory we have for the lack of a night kill.

Griff, are you soft claiming having a revive ability or are you actually going to provide some useful information?
Interesting. So you (Ranger) go with the most obvious idea without any backing proof but NQT's word. There's one catch though.

I targeted Hapah N2. Bloody hell. Whether he confirms or denies it, that'll seal my fate. You two are drawing conclusions from...

I can't really see how that factors in into making me the best bet of being scum given everything else that happened. Ranger, That did not explain the night kill...Anything else for you to vote me on?

TheWetSheep, NQT (I'm leaning on saving the lover) however, I've a proposition to think about.

Why don't you kill them both, and then get lynched. Best scenario is that if you're scum...well, one scum poisoner down. If you're town, then conclusions draw into matters on conjunctions--are your targets scum or town? We're decided and debated for more than enough days, the general consensus is in suspicion on TWS due to his antics...While I am suspicious of you because of your antics (and that I'm really against poisoners being town...), the proposition above seems fairly reasonable to me.

Ranger, the very possibility of Tiruin having targeted Vector and you telling the truth was a prime reason for me to claim.
Dude, I'd pick the most vulnerable target. Good scumhunters and all- in that case, I'd prefer Toaster over Vector, though both people are generally high-priority players. Toaster for...well, everything about him. His avatar. His skill. Him being my first ever BM-IC teacher which brought me into the game...

Sad to say, I didn't target any of the two. Ever.

NQT
I'd like you to expound on this theory you have there. One thing: I targeted Hapah and...

Wait.
I'd like you to expound on the theory also--so regardless of anything else that happened, you're willing to trust the guy for...what reasons again? That theory is plausible, and I can see the matter of me as a scumbuddy-unlover targeting NQT for his transparency acts (However priorities first when I'm scum-target the big ships first then move onto the fiesty frigates later), but that doesn't explain the N1 NK-less morning.

Ranger: Yer take on D2 morn?

That doesn't account for night 2, and is there any reason for your evasive language? Afraid of a truth mage? Tell me plainly, in a complete sentence: are you responsible for the lack of a night kill?
Are there other truth magi around other than Hapah??

TolyK: Answer my questions, please, instead of refocusing the matters back to your choice - are you even sure of your choice, or are just asking us so you know where the general consensus lies?

NQT:...Why do you panic about the reason on your valuable information, yet you don't disclose who you lover'd?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 02, 2013, 08:15:18 am »

...You know, at this rate, I really believe we're heading into massclaim tomorrow, or today if information trickles in at this rate.
Why do you keep bringing up things like this?  Meaning things town should do that you faintly disprove of, but want to get the town's opinions on?  It seems like you care too much about our opinion.
*Tiruin  points at NQT :I

He's trickling in information in a way that somehow piques my intuition. Of which I can get nothing but neutrality...

Soft claim how?

Tiruin
My bet is on a revive ability of some kind, as Web said that such an ability is no good if the other abilities are revealed.  There was also ZU's (?, need to double check) claim of an ability that was supposed to be able to copy abilities if he knew the name.
Web said where?
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 93