Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217952 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 3: Bacon And Begging
« Reply #870 on: April 25, 2013, 12:42:38 pm »

Web: Can we get a vote count?
It's been like 16 hours since the Day began.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 25, 2013, 12:44:20 pm »

But it helps prove one thing - NQT and his lover's quarrel.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 25, 2013, 12:52:46 pm »

RC
Web: Can we get a vote count?
Here's how it stands:

Sheep - Vector, Toaster, TolyK
Wuba?!  - Griff
Tiruin - NQT

Sheep is lynch -2 and no one else has proper votes on them.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 25, 2013, 12:57:03 pm »

But you voted other than denying it...Ugh, I'm just confused and need the Mod to clarify, for which I would apologize if it has any effect on his blood pressure...

Still want my answers to that [context of that] vote of yours though.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 25, 2013, 03:14:48 pm »

Tiruin: I meant that at worst someone died in the night and if someone was inspecting NQT or Vector it hit the other.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 25, 2013, 06:18:53 pm »

Vector:
TheWetSheep.

Why did you hammer before I got a chance to make an argument?

I didn't realize I was hammering. I got back all tired from a two-day canoe trip, did a quick reread, saw a couple people asking me why I wasn't voting, saw no indication in anyone's posts that ZU was at L-1, saw him being scummy, so decided to vote him. If he wasn't scummy enough to lynch, why were four other people voting him?

Toaster:
TheWetSheep:  Derp, my bad.  I might as well call you TheScumSheep though.

So what happened between here and here to make Zombie U the better vote?
This and this. I explained my reasoning when I voted him. Also, I was quite suspicious of him before, and my suspicion of Tiruin was diminishing somewhat

Tiruin:
TWS: Hammer much? Why ask ZU if he's a jester, then vote him?
I didn't really think he was a jester, but I was interested in his response. Also, I didn't know I was hammering(see answer to Vector).

Claim:
Since it'll be apparent soon, I gave myself an extra vote today. My power is a Self Esteem Boost. I can use it on two people who aren't me, or just me. It allows that person to vote twice.

Just a short post now. I'll see if I can get another one out tonight after a reread, hopefully with some good questions. My grandparents are here, though, so my posting will probably be less frequent.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 25, 2013, 06:57:02 pm »

What an odd game.

Quote from: NQT
I'll start: I could have been targeted by one of the lovers last night, but it seems hardly likely given how unsuccessful a course of action that would have appeared to them to be.
Yeah, I don't see them trying to kill you when you claimed immunity. It's possible (though unlikely, see below) that someone redirected a lover scum to you, or maybe the docs or blockers are kicking ass.

Tir
Quote from: Tir
Everyone: Massclaim sounds reasonable given this case? I'd be against it though [too early among most other things], just curious what others would think.
Why suggest it and oppose it in the same breath?

Quote from: Tolyk
The problem is, I'm 80% sure the scum have an arsonist or something like that. Fire mage + alcohol mage perchance? :P
I could believe that there is an arsonist or doomspeaker left (doomspeaker is scary as hell with this many left standing, btw). Why do you think scum would use an arsonist attack over a normal NK, though?

Ranger

Quote from: Ranger
I used an ability last night that may explain the lack of a night kill. I redirected all actions taken against NQT and Vector to hit the other. (anyone who targeted NQT hit Vector and vise versa) If a scum lover or confident town lover tried to kill vector, the attack would have hit NQT instead causing the attack to be Protected by NQT's ability. I have my reasons for targeting those 2 with this ability but i have to go to school so more on this later.
I'd love to hear it. PPE: I would think scum would choose not the lover though, unless there's only one left. Why risk getting redirected and negated? More importantly, why didn't you swap Vector with your top scumpick, if you thought Vector a likely NK target?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 25, 2013, 08:26:05 pm »

PFP
Tir
Quote from: Tir
Everyone: Massclaim sounds reasonable given this case? I'd be against it though [too early among most other things], just curious what others would think.
Why suggest it and oppose it in the same breath?
I'm thinking out loud. I'm stating my stance about it but want to see what everyone else thinks.

What an odd game.
Because this summarizes what I'm currently seeing at the game. Curious though, did anything happen to you last night in a benevolent gesture?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Coal In All Y'alls Stockings
« Reply #878 on: April 25, 2013, 08:30:19 pm »

notquitethere eats fistfuls of bacon Beggin' Strips.

Vote Count
------------------------
Griffionday - Griffionday,
Hapah -
notquitethere -
RangerCado - Hapah,
TheWetSheep - Vector, Toaster, TolyK,
Tiruin -
Toaster -
TolyK - Tiruin,
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - RangerCado, TheWetSheep,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 25, 2013, 10:08:25 pm »

Well, NQT still can't vote.

Hapah: I explained to Tiruin that i thought there was a scum lover and that Vector was in danger of being killed. For all i know both the lovers are scum. I took a gamble and it may have worked out. I say may as we still don't know if there are people with doctor abilities.

To sum it all up: Thought Vector was in trouble, Thought there was a lover scum, Took a gamble that the lover would carry out the kill on Vector, Didn't pick my top scum pick because ZU was my top and i wasn't confident in my other reads.

Sheep: Interesting, are you able to double vote one person?

Griff: Might want to unvote yourself. (lol funny WEB)

Thats all i have for now. I need to go eat, i've been doing work most of the day.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 26, 2013, 05:30:43 pm »

To sum it all up: Thought Vector was in trouble

Where's that come from, Cado?  You've got a lot of tortured logic going.

Don't you agree, TheWetSheep?

If he wasn't scummy enough to lynch, why were four other people voting him?

. . . After all, you seem to really enjoy bandwagoning.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 26, 2013, 05:57:48 pm »

TheWetSheep drifts off a bit, staring at Vector. "...I totally DO agree, Vector! TheWetSheep TheWetSheep!"

Everyone has a confused look on their face. Was that a hammer?

Webadict throws the bacon into the air and throws a punch straight at TheWetSheep's face...

But TheWetSheep catches his fist.

"Just kidding. Your tricks don't work on me, Vector."

Webadict catches the skillet skillfully.

Vote Count
------------------------
Griffionday - Griffionday,
Hapah -
notquitethere -
RangerCado - Hapah,
TheWetSheep - Vector, Toaster, TolyK,
Tiruin -
Toaster -
TolyK - Tiruin,
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - RangerCado, TheWetSheep,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 26, 2013, 06:02:17 pm »

. . . lolwat.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 26, 2013, 08:35:14 pm »

Vector:

Is it a bandwagon if I provide good reasons? You're not poking at my reasons, but that I hammered. And I already explained why I hammered.

About Ranger's logic, I'm a bit dubious. His reasons for choosing you are "she hasn't been very active". Don't know how that relates to bandwagoning, though.

You didn't answer my question. It's especially pertinent to you, since you put him at L-1.

Ranger:
Sheep: Interesting, are you able to double vote one person?
I think so. I basically have an extra vote, and I assume it can go on anyone.

NQT: Sure, information is good for the town, but you're bordering rolefishing now. Have you learned anything useful?

Hapah:

Ranger

Quote from: Ranger
I used an ability last night that may explain the lack of a night kill. I redirected all actions taken against NQT and Vector to hit the other. (anyone who targeted NQT hit Vector and vise versa) If a scum lover or confident town lover tried to kill vector, the attack would have hit NQT instead causing the attack to be Protected by NQT's ability. I have my reasons for targeting those 2 with this ability but i have to go to school so more on this later.
I'd love to hear it. PPE: I would think scum would choose not the lover though, unless there's only one left. Why risk getting redirected and negated? More importantly, why didn't you swap Vector with your top scumpick, if you thought Vector a likely NK target?
What are your reasons for voting Ranger here? Not having enough time to explain fully? Choosing differently than you would have?

Also, I was reading back and found a question of Griffionday's that you missed. I'm interested in your answer, since this stood out to me quite a bit.
It is interesting that Ranger called out the presence of a truth-teller role EARLY day one.  What did you think when he said that there could be such an ability?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 26, 2013, 08:58:32 pm »

...So you were a double voter, huh.

Coincidence in flavor? :P

PFP

Vector:

Is it a bandwagon if I provide good reasons? You're not poking at my reasons, but that I hammered. And I already explained why I hammered.

About Ranger's logic, I'm a bit dubious. His reasons for choosing you are "she hasn't been very active". Don't know how that relates to bandwagoning, though.

You didn't answer my question. It's especially pertinent to you, since you put him at L-1.
Err, you bandwagon'd-hammered ZU on grounds of not knowing that it was a hammer, and asking him questions in relation to a third-party lolwat role.

...And I'm pretty much suspicious of your takes on things. L-1?

And you aren't voting me anymore? After all you did before? Why the shift of reasoning? I mean, you did sound like you were confident in your case before - why use it only now?

Comment on bacon.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 93