Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Clout: Round One, Turn 3 - The Philosopher King  (Read 13533 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Clout: Round One, Turn 2 - The Land of Albion
« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2013, 10:05:40 am »

((since nobody seems to dare moving and i already got my threshing for moving first, i can do it again.))

Somehow they had survived. With the help of Primeria Sitra had burned to the ground and the armies of three enemies combined somehow beaten back. The burned Ground was fertile from the ashes of thousands of dead and their homes. Good Farmland. Farmland that needed to be rebuild. And from the east ever more men came, Young Carls without land or a name, who hoped to find riches and glory in this new land.

build 1 Eco Infra (6PC, 6 Wealth)
raise 1 Might (0,6 PC, 0,6 Wealth)

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2013, 10:09:06 am »

Pay Mecklen for influencing again

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2013, 12:03:29 pm »

Pay Mecklen for influencing again

Mecklen is paid up for the next turn.  They have pledged not to reassign Influence until the end of this turn.

Edit:  If people are feeling reserved about moving, you can always declare an intent to take action and see if anyone has issue with it.  Posturing is fairly important in this game, after all.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clout: Round One - The Land of Albion
« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2013, 12:50:49 pm »

Quote from: Events
The remaining 0.8 Influence in Phantoni has gone toward Improving Relations with Yul.
Wait what? I said I would use my remaining influence to improve relations with Trilania, not Yul.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clout: Round One - The Land of Albion
« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2013, 01:17:39 pm »

The remaining 0.8 Influence in Phantoni has gone toward Improving Relations with Yul.
Wait what? I said I would use my remaining influence to improve relations with Trilania, not Yul.

Ah, I missed that.  Editing it in.  Doesn't affect the results of the turn (Yul's relations still bump up to Pleased), but I've retconned it that so you're spending 4 Inf on Yul, 0.8 on Trilania, since I believe you did initially opt to spend 4 Inf on Yul.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 30, 2013, 01:26:05 pm »

Yeah, that sounds about right.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2013, 01:54:40 pm »

Spend 1 PC to build a social infrastructure
Raise 3 Might
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 30, 2013, 03:49:26 pm »

Spend 1 PC to build a social infrastructure
Raise 3 Might

Sorry, this got raised last turn but I'll repeat to clarify.  It costs 1 PC/Resource to use Resources (which ultimately are the only way to perform actions) - i.e. spending Wealth, moving Might or re-assigning Influence.  Thus to build a unit of Social Infrastructure (in your case) costs 6 Wealth and 6 PC.  You therefore have only 0.2 PC left to raise Might with afterward, which is not sufficient to raise even 1 Might.

The flip side to that is that it only costs you 4.8 Wealth (and thus 4.8 PC) to raise 6 Might and fulfill the 'Grand Army' option of the crisis (as opposed to 6 Wealth/PC for someone without your government), though of course the upkeep in following turns would be significantly higher.  Part of the effect of the crisis is to potentially force a choice between actions for you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 31, 2013, 08:13:20 am »

I shall announce the building of One economic infrastructure (3 PC, 3 Wealth).

I'll also look for other powers (both pc and npc) that would agree to loan me some influence, trying to increase my standing among my technocrats.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 31, 2013, 10:49:13 am »

As mentioned above, not all actions are possible for given reasons.  Sheb, it still costs you 4 Wealth to build the Econ Inf, the discount only brings the PC cost down to 3.  I'll assume you're still happy to pay 4 Wealth unless you suggest otherwise.  Plus, I'll throw a little crisis in to get things started this turn...

build 1 Eco Infra (6PC, 6 Wealth)
raise 1 Might (0,6 PC, 0,6 Wealth)

I shall announce the building of One economic infrastructure (3 PC, 3 Wealth).

I'll also look for other powers (both pc and npc) that would agree to loan me some influence, trying to increase my standing among my technocrats.

Quote from: Diplomacy
Ferdicis: Of the various minor nations of Albion, the most powerful influencers were the Conclave of Sitra.  In their wake, the Mercassians, Higgsfolk, Pleasurelanders and Yuli stand out.  Any of them would be willing to commit 2 Influence/turn at a rate of 3 Wealth/turn to improving your internal relations.  This offer is open to anyone.

Your remaining vassals, the Jonasburgs, are simply not diplomats.  They regret to inform you that they can only offer martial support for your needs.

The Jarl of Finster spends much of his hard-won plunder on his most loyal subjects, affirming various lesser jarls with oaths of fealty and granting them land, the tools to work it and the livestock to breed upon it.  Finster grows by 1 Economic Infrastructure from claiming new land at the cost of 6 Wealth.

Finster recruits 1 Might at a cost of 0.6 Wealth.

A new faction has arisen within the Jarldom of Finster.  The Aristocrats are loyal carls and low jarls who have been granted land to retire upon from their warmongering ways.  The power base begins Pleased with the Jarl and possesses 1 Clout.

Patrician Leonardo of the Ferdicis Family invests in a new clayworks in the ruins of Sitra, the costs reduced by the highly skilled Ferdicis craftsmen to a mere 4 Wealth and labour provided in part by the potters.  The Ferdicis gain 1 Economic Infrastructure, paving the way for a future centre of administration for the family.

A new faction has arisen within the Ferdicis Family.  The Plutocrats are wealthy bankers and craftsmen (to start with, the owners of the new clayworks) who are experts at running businesses but less inclined toward investing in more skilled workers or new techniques.  The power base begins Pleased with the patrician and possesses 1 Clout.

Quote from: A Minor Incident!
The Jonasburg Barony is blackmailing the Duchy of Morgrad with an invasion if it does not cave to their demands.  Jonasburg is demanding Morgrad surrender one of its valuable port towns to the Barony (1 Economic Infrastructure) or it will attack and take it by force.

Jonasburg is offering 2 Wealth per unit of Might that friendly nations promise to commit to the fight, should it come to one.  The Barony insists that it will pay out even if no fight is undertaken, should the Duchy bow to its demands, though it will only pay in order of pledges to the amount of Might actually needed to pull off a successful invasion.  Jonasburg will pay for up to 3 Might in pledges this way.

Morgrad can only offer 1 Wealth per Might pledged, and can afford but 3 Might, but promises any nation who offers it support that the Duke will consider them more favourably in future diplomatic relations.

The Free City of Fengrad has already accepted Jonasburg's offer and pledged 3 Might to the threat in exchange for 6 Wealth from Jonasburg (once the affair is settled).  Jonasburg can afford to gather 3 more Might this way.

In the present balance, Morgrad fears it must concede.  It begs foreign powers to offer pledges of support against the aggressor.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 31, 2013, 12:30:57 pm »

I will send 2.8 influence to Trilania and 2 Influence to Yul.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 31, 2013, 01:04:48 pm »

ACTION: Accept the Deal of Jonasburg. Threaten Morgrad with 3 Might to make them give in to the demands of Joansburg.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 31, 2013, 02:31:26 pm »

It was a sunny day, with light ocean breeze and sounds of laughter and merriment as king and his queen feasted on wine and fruits as they camped on a seaside. It was their favored past time, with a large tent just for them and servants milling around, feeding them and a small retinue of most trusted companions and secretaries that carried out the work directly alongside the king and kept him informed of the events while he enjoyed his holiday.

This time was no different, missives and letters being sent and being received. His Majesty was happy with his alliances and agreements, as they seemingly brought wealth and security to Primeria. It was no surprise that he decided to entrust this business to his chancellor. After all, who better to look after day-to-day business and improbable plotting?

"Your Majesty, we still haven't received reply from the merchant."

"Wait a bit more."
"And we are yet to send our agreed sums to.."
Yes, yes, get on with it. Don't you see I'm busy?" The king was clearly disinterested as he was busy feeding grapes to his spouse. If there was something unusual about this king, it was his interest in marital stuff more then state ones. but it would be foolish to assume that he did not pay attention. He simply knew when he could get away with not paying it.

Send 2 Wealth to Phantoni
Build 2 Might

Primeria commits 1 might to the defense of Morgrad, should an offensive be committed against them.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:13:27 pm by Ardas »

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 31, 2013, 02:37:34 pm »

Meanwhile, in a royal office of Phantoni:
A package awaited the aging duke when he stepped in that day. In it was the promised sum that the Kingdom of Primeria promised him as well as a letter detailing a plan. Reading it over, the good duke set off to send his own orders down the proper channels.
Phantoni will commit 1 might to defending Morgrad in case of an attack.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 31, 2013, 02:46:09 pm »

Tentative sign up for Round 2.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18