Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 32  (Read 77579 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 29: First Subturn
« Reply #405 on: April 30, 2013, 03:22:20 pm »

Continue to be treated.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Turn 30
« Reply #406 on: May 02, 2013, 09:36:08 pm »

Grab him with my prehensile tail and maul him with my various arms. Secrete numbing slime all over him. Consume him.

Continue using water powers to drown the strange creature, trying to create intense pressure on it from the water while also still trying to force the water inside the creature's lungs. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

WINNER: Rick!

As Xan bleeds out, his body begins to glow and warp. It shifts into a weird shape, elongated with a humanoid torso thing at one end. The “arms” split into four flylike limbs, and the puny head also becomes flylike; the body stretches into a tail, before contracting, thickening, and growing a pair of fly-wings. It smells of burning flesh and is surrounded with the sounds of distant screams. The air around it shimmers, and out comes a strange goop, which hardens into a strange coraley thing around its torso, like armor, and a snake with a big, spiny head that wraps its tail around one arm. It--the original it--looks at you. Greetings, High Priest of Ndeitosael. I can’t help but notice that there seems to be another...entity which seems to be helping you. As a fellow servant, how about we just keep this little secret between the two of us, hm?

”Whoa, I heard that! Wait, WHAT are you?”

Rick feels a new ability. He feels the first telepathic voice contacting him. This ability should be of great use. Simply converse with someone, and they’ll trust you like a friend, confidant, mentor, and/or famous person.

And now for your next task. As you should know, Ndeitosael is attempting to manifest in the world. This isn’t as simple as it sounds. Hence, in order to prepare for the manifestation of Ndeitosael, we need...energy. To start with, we need a properly-anointed altar, blessed with demon blood, your blood, and demonic magic. Thankfully, the blood of the demon just summoned has been charged with demonic magic, so you just need to have it bleed on an appropriate altar some and you bleed on it some. Got it? Good.

”Say, could you explain what’s going on?

-->

Is there really anything to do at this point?

Um...

[5,1] Your nose...was already missing, so you can’t lose it again. Your skull is resphaped; it gains a bony crest several inches high on the top.

-----

Meet with lawyer, discuss the case while blindfolded, ask if I should plead insanity or inform them of my condition and bank on that.

Your lawyer arrives.

Spoiler: Awkward Conversation (click to show/hide)

God dammit.

Walk over and get myself a cup of water. Toss the cup away, and throw the water at someone. Anyone. Maybe a security guard or something.

You do so. [1] With absolutely horrible accuracy. You manage to spray yourself in the face!

You hear sirens.

Forget the rescue teams, there is lunch to be had!

You head to lunch. The restaurant across the seat seats the two of you. Several customers move away.

A waitress eventually arrives, seeming to be trying to stay absolutely as far away as policy allows. “Hi, I’m Sam, and I’ll be your waitress today. What would you like to order?”

[3+1,2;3+1,2] Interesting.

Anyways, Logic feels a new set of thoughts, words, and actions which would presumably accomplish something. As for Passion, he stares at the menu, trying to decide on a burger. His image wavers and vanishes, save for some odd distortions. Not that Passion notices.

-----

wake up and kick the guy in the nuts, buy and consume pretzels whilst drinking my beer.

[6] Awake! With a headache! [5v2] Guy kicked and in pain! You don’t feel fuller or drunker.

[6] “Boo-yah!” As you shout, you feel your skin bristle. You look at yourself and note that your skin has grown covered with thick, bony plates with short, stout spines on them. Sucks for your clothes, but cool. You get back to your drink; your skin returns to normal.

Oh, well. I was hoping to run into those two yokels in that cabin that someone bumped into earlier.

Who says you won't? Also, thanks for the idea...

Mr. Normal, heartened by the pickup tracks he found, continues searching for American rural people in these woods who might harbor anti-government feelings.

[1] You find several men in black suits. They don’t look like yours. One looks at you.

“Who are you and what are you doing?”

[7] You instantly start noting weak points in random people and things.

Continue to be treated.

[6] You’re evidently good enough to let out, because they give you a pair of crutches and put you out on the street.

[8] You feel a ritual.

-----

NPC Actions:

This section has been eliminated. It’s not really needed. It’s been replaced with:

General Notes:

It’s noon. People are aware of the “mutants” or “freaks” or “monsters” roaming the town and surrounding countryside. Rumors suggest that there are even government agents investigating the things.

And a new experiment, probably the last one, begins.

-----

Five test subjects and a single scientist with five syringes stand in the woods near the rubble of the facility.

“We had just started synthesizing the fourth iteration of the teratomorphic serum when the...structural failure occurred. Thank you for arriving for your appointments; this will replace what you initially came to test. Let us know how you feel.”

Each takes the syringe and injects themself.

Spoiler: Mutations? (click to show/hide)

-----

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

-----

The new batch is a bit...different. They can choose a single mutation out of the three to get. Neat!

Spoilers will now play a bigger part in turns.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 30: Spoiler Alert!
« Reply #407 on: May 02, 2013, 09:42:05 pm »

Honor time.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 02, 2013, 09:48:04 pm »

Perform Ritual
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 02, 2013, 09:59:18 pm »

I'm sorry but I do think I would like to play this very much.
Name:  Kyle Johnson
Description:  Tall man with brown eyes and hair.
Bio:  Kyle... sorta found this in the paper and thought it would be fun.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 02, 2013, 10:31:41 pm »

buy more pretzels and a six pack to go then pay off my tab.
Wander off and try to find the nearest hospital.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 02, 2013, 10:48:51 pm »

YES. Wait until someone arrives with a gun, and teleport it into my hands. Shoot them, and anyone else who tries to attack me.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 02, 2013, 11:24:01 pm »

It had defeated him. That ... thing, that traitor underseving of the true God's gifts, had MURDERED him, it's prophet on this miserable planet! IT wass almost beyond comprehension. How could he fail with the backing of a god behind him?
Unless...
The Enemy.

Xan felt his true nature - what others called a soul - being pulled from his fading corpse by some irresistable force, like a fisher on a line. He did not resist; this was not the first time he had recieved a summons like this.
He followed the sting to see where it led.

Of the road ahead, he comprehended only flashes.

High noon. A desert. A flash, and the sand is millions of wriggling blue worms.

The middle of the ocean. A blob of flesh floats by, another, and more and more until the surface os covered by them, which stretch upward to form eeire arches and structures of flesh.

A flying machine, all metal and steel. A pair of thrashing legs suddenly sprouts from the wings, sending it into a tailspin. The people inside it bloat up to enormous lengths and begin to glow like fireflies.

Visions of the World under the True God.

At last, after travelling for what seemed eternity, he came to a clearing in a thick wood. Flitting things danced at the corners of his eyes and sung mad songs of mushrooms and dandelions as they ushered him towards a figure sitting at the edge of a pond. It turned toward him and his visage -

- how -

When Xan woke, the figure was sitting, looking out into the now-lake. It scooped up a pebble, tossed it out into the middle, then patted the ground beside it.

Sit.

Hesitantly, he did. The figure continued staring out into the lake, and began speaking to him.

I have watched the world for a long time, you know. Looking at the people there, watching them change and grow and die. I have watched them for eternity and longer. I can wait no more.

I must go there, guide them to the proper path. They are close to acheiving eternal stillness - what your kind call immortality. This must not happen.

I will send you back, Xan, but you must do as I command you when you are incarnated. I must reach the world before my enemy. I will not allow failure.

The figure flicked a hand at him, seeming to blur into multiple shapes, all indistinct.

I grant you my favor again, Xan. Do not disappoint your god.

GO.

And with a rush of air, he was sent careening back. Everything in it's entirety rushed by him, going far too fast to be possible yet so slow he was not moving at all. Then -

Whump.
Flesh.
Lungs. A heart. Human body.
I am returned.

He looked up from where he was sitting, hunched over.
My enemy is out there somewhere. He will try to bring the Enemy into the world.
He must not succeed.

Respawn (if GM allows it) in a body similar to my last one, in a location by the original testing chambers.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 03, 2013, 01:02:02 am »

"Ah. Maybe I can blow the whistle on these mutation people? I'm pretty sure what they did wasn't legal. Failing that, I suppose prison might be preferable to the Ward. I don't like the Ward."

"Hey, wait, how can they convict me of turning somebody to stone? How do they know it was I who even did it? Also, I have absolutely no control over this ability, and I had just received it at the time I turned the guy to stone. It was kind of an accident."

Speak!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:20:33 am by Harry Baldman »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 03, 2013, 01:06:57 am »

Snapping out of his addled state temporarily, Mr. Normal considers his options. Thinking fast, he begins talking like an utterly non threatening and oblivious hiker.

If they don't buy it, he decides he must teleport away.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 03, 2013, 01:30:07 am »

Spoiler: Warning, Large (click to show/hide)

[Surprised I lived through that, to be frank. Figured I should make the character a bit more entertaining to write for while I'm at it.]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:35:43 am by Xanmyral »

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 29: First Subturn
« Reply #416 on: May 03, 2013, 02:12:49 am »

In case you missed it, here's my sheet:
Name: For M. Al
Description: A tall, lean man dressed up in a suit and tie.
Bio: Sent here by the Gen TL Man organization, more out of common courtesy as the last experiments had failed drastically rather than to benefit themselves directly. Basically he's just another faceless, mindless drone brainwashed by the company.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 03, 2013, 04:59:04 am »

Get healed, then leave the hospital.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #418 on: May 03, 2013, 05:16:20 am »

Perfect regeneration Walk around the room and try to figure out what is even happening to me.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 03, 2013, 05:54:49 am »

Weather sense. Get up. Look around. Stay silent.
(('Tis me, yes?))
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35