Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 32  (Read 77546 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 30: Spoiler Alert!
« Reply #420 on: May 03, 2013, 07:57:59 am »

(My status insists that I am still caged)

"I will have the house salad with thousand island dressing, please.  With a side of anger... wait, what?  I mean garlic bread."

"Hook me up with the double bacon cheeseburger combo, bro."

Logic ponders on the new thinking in his head.

Passion wonders why no one is looking at him any more.

Logic:  Analyze new way of thinking.

Passion:  Check self to try to determine nature of new inventions.  Teleport a coke into hand.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 29: First Subturn
« Reply #421 on: May 03, 2013, 07:39:34 pm »

Respawn (if GM allows it) in a body similar to my last one, in a location by the original testing chambers.
(Just wait. You and kj will get your chances at glory...as random NPCs who somehow mutate. Or other notable NPCs.)

In case you missed it, here's my sheet:
Name: For M. Al
Description: A tall, lean man dressed up in a suit and tie.
Bio: Sent here by the Gen TL Man organization, more out of common courtesy as the last experiments had failed drastically rather than to benefit themselves directly. Basically he's just another faceless, mindless drone brainwashed by the company.
You should be there...
Mutation choice time!
For sees three hims, one getting petty vengeance on the others, one pale as chalk, and one covered in little spikes.
Choices: 500 (Vengeful), 1 (Albino), 130 (Quills/Spines/Thorns)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 03, 2013, 07:40:49 pm »

(Just tell me when I'm back in and I'll just assume wht happened in my huge post happened.)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 04, 2013, 06:11:16 am »

For chooses the spikes.
"Hmm, interesting. I trust you all are recording this? My employer would be very dissatisfied with me if I do not give you any satisfactory results."
Try to find out the nature of these spikes, as in how exactly they grew out of my body and how the serum caused them to do so.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #424 on: May 04, 2013, 09:17:54 am »

" want some rainbow super stuff mann? He says to M. Al, Offering him A lit joint.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 05, 2013, 01:52:42 am »

((Mind cannibal.... does that mean I'm basically an old school zombie with... excuse the pun, brains?))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 05, 2013, 09:34:06 am »

((Mind cannibal.... does that mean I'm basically an old school zombie with... excuse the pun, brains?))
You only get one mutation. Is that the one you want?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 05, 2013, 12:38:49 pm »

No I was asking about it since i can only choose one. I just wanna be sure i'm right about it.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 05, 2013, 01:08:00 pm »

It basically lets you absorb knowledge and stuff in the old-fashioned cannibalistic way, IIRC. Something like that. Maybe you don't need to eat the actual brains.
Sig

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 05, 2013, 02:46:41 pm »

Then let's go with that one then.... seeing how I'm going on end up on a murdering rampage to make everyone happy and feel great eventually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 05, 2013, 09:17:46 pm »

Will whoever is playing Elrond please claim your character before we all grow gray?
Sig

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #431 on: May 06, 2013, 04:59:29 pm »

Lets just say he sits in the corner thinking, and when he comes back he chooses his power?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 06, 2013, 05:06:54 pm »

Perhaps he tried all three and gets over mutated? Come-on, I don't think anyone has died of over mutation yet. Or has someone? I can't remember.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 06, 2013, 05:35:45 pm »

Will whoever is playing Elrond please claim your character before we all grow gray?
It's onyxjew.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 31
« Reply #434 on: May 07, 2013, 10:01:52 pm »

"Priest." It spoke in serendipity, so saying supposedly some succor unto it.
"That is me, the answer to the question." Priest spoke, it investigated its body carefully, trying to take ginger care of the wounds and bleeding. "Yes... Ndeitosael, a Priest of. We have a task of Ndeitosael, we must consecrate an altar so that he may rest with us, to tabernacle unto our presence. Blood is required, of yours and mine it must be present, matrimony of life's blood. Yet... I fear I will not have much else to give at the going rate." It spoke as well as it could in its present state. "A house of healing is required, but for the sake of one I shall move on. Come, we must go."
It raises itself up as well as it can, investigating its cloth raiment. Tattered, hardy cloth, the bottom half forming something of a parted robe with the rips, the sleeves similarly ripped to accommodate its dexterous limbs and the wings attached to them, just hanging straps as if for decoration. There was something in its pocket on the front, it could feel it. Confused moving. There was a twing in the back of its mind, as if it should be familiar, drawing feelings of kindness from the creature. "Hello little one, I see you in there. You are a friend--Is a friend." It echoed the last part in similar tone and pitch, as if its voice rewound and replayed yet said something else.
Feeling satisfied in its self analysis, Priest looked around to gather its bearings in its surroundings.[/spoiler]
”What? WHAT? What are you saying, Rick?”
You ignore Worm for now, and glance around. You’re at the edges of the forest and the town. There’s a big office building nearby, some apartments past that, and in the distance the rest of town.
[3-1] You feel an invisible, undetectable energy around you. This could help your endeavors. Touch someone and talk reassuringly to them. You feel a feathery feeling. If you wish, you can turn into a crow. Nice for rapid transport, concealment, maybe looking wise-- --or even subsisting off of worms, eh, High Priest?

[Surprised I lived through that, to be frank. Figured I should make the character a bit more entertaining to write for while I'm at it.]
(Neat, thanks. Although, frankly, the play of Worm v. Ndeitosael was pretty interesting all on its own.)

Get healed, then leave the hospital.
“I gotta get out of here!”
“We’ve bandged your head, but there’s still some...issues...”
“I’m fine! Lemme out!”
[4] You manage to stumble forward, before being stopped.
“At least take a wheelchair. You’re going to hurt yourself.”
Rubbing your arm, you consent and exit.
[3] No new mutations.

-----

YES. Wait until someone arrives with a gun, and teleport it into my hands. Shoot them, and anyone else who tries to attack me.
You lean against a wall, adjusting your clothing. A few police officers arrive. You snatch one’s gun and [2v2] graze his shoulder. He stops, causing a pileup in the entrance. [4v3-1] You hit an armed cop in the chest and [6] steal another’s gun as it’s firing, disorienting you for a moment. The one remaining, armed officer [1] shoots one of his comrades. The other one flees into the bank. [6v3] A bullet flies straight through the body of the armed police officer. Now what?
[4] You gain a new sense.

"Ah. Maybe I can blow the whistle on these mutation people? I'm pretty sure what they did wasn't legal. Failing that, I suppose prison might be preferable to the Ward. I don't like the Ward."

"Hey, wait, how can they convict me of turning somebody to stone? How do they know it was I who even did it? Also, I have absolutely no control over this ability, and I had just received it at the time I turned the guy to stone. It was kind of an accident."

Speak!
“Ah. Maybe I can blow the whistle on these mutation people? I'm pretty sure what they did wasn't legal. Failing that, I suppose prison might be preferable to the Ward. I don't like the Ward."
“Well, did you sign a contract?”
“Um...yeah...”
“Did you read the contract?”
“...”
“Walther...”
“I’m sorry.”
“Anyways, I’d suggest that you go to the Ward. Maybe they can get you to stop having these ‘episodes’...”
“No! I’d rather die!”
“You don’t mean that.”
“Yes I--”
“Let’s change the subject.”
“Hey, wait, how can they convict me of turning somebody to stone? How do they know it was I who even did it? Also, I have absolutely no control over this ability, and I had just received it at the time I turned the guy to stone. It was kind of an accident."
“Well, if you can prove that, it’ll help your defense. However, you’re also charged with assault, disturbance of the peace, petty larceny, trespassing, and--you said you’d showed up to your last court dates!”
“Um...”
[4] Your eye itches, so you scratch it. It pops out. You can still see through it, but your lawyer is distressed. She asks you to put your eye back in.

(My status insists that I am still caged)
Nice catch.

"I will have the house salad with thousand island dressing, please.  With a side of anger... wait, what?  I mean garlic bread."
"Hook me up with the double bacon cheeseburger combo, bro."
Logic ponders on the new thinking in his head.
Passion wonders why no one is looking at him any more.

Logic:  Analyze new way of thinking.
Passion:  Check self to try to determine nature of new inventions.  Teleport a coke into hand.

“Thank you. Would you like a drink?”
“Of course!”
“What would you like to drink?”
”Lemonade, please.” ”Root beer!”
The waitress leaves. Logic attempts the new technique, and detects...nothing in particular. Meanwhile, Passion [4-1] looks around. Hm...why is no one looking at him?
”Hey Logic, why aren’t any of these people  looking at me?”
”Perhaps because you’re an egomaniac, perhaps because you are imperceptible to the optical sense.”
”Hey! How dare you call me stupid!”
”...I was saying you were invisible.”
”I’ll have you know I--wait, what? Hey, awesome!”
[4+1,1;6+1,4] The drinks are brought. Logic notes an unusual adhesion between his hand and the glass, while Passion grows by about half. Passion curses. This seems to confuse some nearby flies, which causes Logic to deduce a possibility of them comprehending Passion’s vocalizations as he chides his now-large companion.

-----

Perform Ritual
You feel like you should focus on something, so you focus on a rock. You have a vision of the area around the rock. Neat!

[3] Nothing.

buy more pretzels and a six pack to go then pay off my tab.
Wander off and try to find the nearest hospital.

You buy the pretzels, but the bar doesn't sell six-packs. "If we sell 'em beer to go, they don't stay, y'know?" Your tab and pretzels cost [6] nothing because you forget to pay.
You look for a hospital. [5] You find a free clinic.

Snapping out of his addled state temporarily, Mr. Normal considers his options. Thinking fast, he begins talking like an utterly non threatening and oblivious hiker.
If they don't buy it, he decides he must teleport away.
“Um, helluh! Ah’m jus’ a normal, harml’ss hiker...”
“Right...come with us, please.”
You try to teleport. [3] You pop over about 30 feet. “Get him!”
Oh dear.
[5] You feel scared, and fade out.

-----

Honor time.
You feel the need to live life as a proper Christian woman, following the Ten Commandments.

You stand around, contemplating Exodus.
Spoiler: Mutations (click to show/hide)

Perfect regeneration Walk around the room and try to figure out what is even happening to me.
You wander around the lack of a room and determine that you are undergoing some awesome trip. Duuude.

Weather sense. Get up. Look around. Stay silent.
(('Tis me, yes?))
Probably.
Anyways.
You look around. You feel a storm slipping away. You seem to be essentially in town. There are people scurrying about.

For chooses the spikes.
"Hmm, interesting. I trust you all are recording this? My employer would be very dissatisfied with me if I do not give you any satisfactory results."
Try to find out the nature of these spikes, as in how exactly they grew out of my body and how the serum caused them to do so.
"I'm just a lab assistant, sir, not the scientist behind all this. I hear he's in the hospital at the moment.
The serum seemed to make them grow by making spikes grow.

Then let's go with that one then.... seeing how I'm going on end up on a murdering rampage to make everyone happy and feel great eventually.
You get a mutation!

528, and use the combined power of your three brains to prove the third one's existence! Because being extinct is lonely...
You promptly feel your head feel funny. [6] You feel your mind splinter worsely.

-----

General Notes:
I really shouldn’t be doing turns this late.
Nothing much happens to tie the turns together, except a couple of minor snafus with the governmental response.

-----

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

-----

Xantalos, kj: If you want, you can take minds of Elrond. It should be hilarious.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 05:01:27 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35