Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 216632 times)

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #1500 on: August 31, 2014, 01:48:28 am »

Come on Reelya, its insane rambling to say that the director of child welfare knew nothing of the child sex scandal that occurred. Shes admitted that she knew about it in the media numerous times. I don't get why you keep bringing up evidence? Her job was to support the victims, she didn't because job in child welfare > child welfare, therefore she is good enough for a job regarding child welfare in Melbourne? I want people who can do their job to be given jobs in public office.

Seems a lot of momentum is being generated to get her to resign, despite calls from the ed dep their saying standing by her. People in government departments usually take the fire stance anyway when people get vocal enough so it should come to a satisfactory conclusion, at least from my perspective.

But still our stances have been made clear. I don't think either of us can convince the other. Agree to disagree?
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: September 18, 2014, 05:26:19 am »

So. Australia seems to be following a fairly predictable 'war on terror'-esque trajectory right now. The current Liberal government is very interested in implementing a number of anti-terrorism measures. There has been discussion of refusing Australians right to travel to particular countries unless they provide 'adequate reason', for example. Very recently, our government has decided to raise the 'terror threat level' (which I and a number of people I know were unaware we had). There was also an enormous government raid today, which ended in the detaining of 15 people accused of conspiring to 'behead an Australian citizen and drape their body in an IS flag'.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: September 18, 2014, 05:31:10 am »

Yeah, they definitely cash in politically on the whole mess. There was one guy caught in Australia, and they photographed him in an orange jumpsuit like they use at Guantanamo. Those suits aren't even part of the normal Australian prison gear, but they used it because he's a "terrorist" (a suspect actually). That sort of thing is pure political photo-op bullshit. Since it's not normal aussie prison gear that they dressed him in, it's clearly just for the cameras, like a movie prop.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: September 18, 2014, 06:14:17 am »

Frankly if Australian politics is a movie, I wouldn't even pirate a copy, much less pay to watch it.

The joke, of course, is that we all pay to watch it, whether we like it or not.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: November 20, 2014, 05:14:41 am »

Oh my God, this senate lately... I have a feeling that not much legislation is getting through for a while.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 20, 2014, 06:17:44 am »

LOL Abbott, no cuts to the ABC and SBS eh?

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: November 20, 2014, 06:25:45 am »

No but they aren't cuts Jimmy, they are just enforcing more efficient spending! As if our glorious leader Toned Abs could lie!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: November 21, 2014, 10:13:03 am »

So Obama is like "Y U destroying the barrier reef?" and the government is like "Dude shut up!"

Australia rebukes Barack Obama for warning on Great Barrier Reef

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: December 14, 2014, 08:30:21 pm »

There's some sort of hostage situation going on in Sydney at the moment. People are being held in a chocolate shop in Martin Place. Reports are already being made that this is the fault of 'Islamic terrorists', but I'm not sure how much of that is just ignorant bigots being quick to label.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: December 14, 2014, 08:33:02 pm »

There is the Islamic flag being held up in the window, though.

I hope the people involved in this get out okay.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: December 14, 2014, 08:36:56 pm »

I think (and hope) that it will end in it being not religiously fueled- if the perpetrators have other motives, it will be easier to extract hostages in exchange for other stuff. Seeing as they've held the hostages for so long, I don't see why they'd kill them for no reason now.
I've played some mafia.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: December 14, 2014, 08:46:28 pm »

If it really is religious extremists, they don't need a rational actor reason to kill them all.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: December 14, 2014, 08:54:06 pm »

Hey kids, uncle Max to fill you in.
News.
So there is either one or two gunmen with about 19 (EDIT: Wait, apparently that has been changed to 40) hostages held up in a cafe. They have forced the hostages to hold up an Islamic flag to the window, so yea, religious. Interesting is that it is a generic Muslim flag that any peaceful Muslim could own, not related to any terrorist group, and professional opinion seems to be that this is a very poor job.

In other news, there were 'terror raids' on Muslim households across Sydney last night. Not the first... Best guess right now is that this is some hothead with a gun looking for retribution.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: December 14, 2014, 09:28:39 pm »

Interesting is that it is a generic Muslim flag that any peaceful Muslim could own, not related to any terrorist group, and professional opinion seems to be that this is a very poor job.
(•_•)
You could even say...
( •_•)>⌐■-■
that this might be
(⌐■_■)
a false flag.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 163