Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]  (Read 96655 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - The Cloister of Zodank, God of Madness [Day 1]
« Reply #225 on: March 27, 2013, 07:45:06 pm »

-snip-

I didn't expect him to be lynched because he was only facing one vote, as opposed to ZU who I noted had significantly more.

And why can't a pressure vote be a pressure vote if called one?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 27, 2013, 07:50:36 pm »

A vote has pressure because the person who's being voted thinks "shit I'm going to be lynched" and is thus pressured.  If they know it's not an "I am going to do my best to lynch you" vote then there's no pressure.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 27, 2013, 08:09:43 pm »

Captain Ford:
RE: Special Colors, fair enough. What exactly did you get out of the reactions?
RE: The 'most dangerous item for scum to have' question: Uh, ZU already answered that, and he can't exactly read freshman's mind. Seems like a weak voting reason.

ZU:
Alright. Reading Roguelike 2 gave me nightmares. Why randomizes over standard redirects?

Zrk2:

Leafsnail brings up a good point about your contributions. Rereading, your reaction to Deathsword's answer (and even the question itself, in fact) here strike me as very odd. You randomvote him with an irrelevant question, then seem put-out when he gives a similarly throwaway answer. What's more, you don't move your vote until post #199, when you vote alamoes (something Leafsnail covered well). This is despite the fact that you were called on leaving your vote on DS despite having no followup. Furthermore, you didn't even acknowledge that you were called on it. Did you hope you could just slip away?

I took the liberty of reading through your posts, to be sure Leafsnail wasn't underplaying your contributions. I have to agree that if you take away your vote on alamoes, you've done literally nothing constructive as of yet. As such, I believe my vote has found a home for the night. Zrk2.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 27, 2013, 08:16:58 pm »

A vote has pressure because the person who's being voted thinks "shit I'm going to be lynched" and is thus pressured.  If they know it's not an "I am going to do my best to lynch you" vote then there's no pressure.
I disagree. You can call your vote whatever you want, but the reason it applies pressure is because of the attention you're giving them. Whether for pressure or for a lynch, it's your steely-eyed gaze that exerts that pressure, and the knowledge that if they screw up, that pressure vote will quickly become a lynch vote.

And we are talking about Alamoes here. No disrespect to him, but I think you could pressure him just by looking at him funny.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 27, 2013, 08:39:55 pm »

Zrk2 has a real talent for getting mislynched. I've read a couple of his previous games and if anything, he seems like a better townie than in any of his older town games. I think he's just not very good at this.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 27, 2013, 08:46:14 pm »

Captain Ford:
RE: Special Colors, fair enough. What exactly did you get out of the reactions?
RE: The 'most dangerous item for scum to have' question: Uh, ZU already answered that, and he can't exactly read freshman's mind. Seems like a weak voting reason.
1. Amusement, mostly.
2. I called the original answer paranoid, and I wanted his commentary on it, since it was my primary reason for suspecting freshman (and thus him). He didn't talk about that part, actually. I'm letting my vote rest on him now mostly on gut feeling.

...that and I don't actually know ZU all that well, so I'm not sure how to go about questioning him...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 27, 2013, 09:19:09 pm »

Vote Count:

The Soldier:
notquitethere: Urist Imiknorris, Hapah
Vector:
Captain Ford: Zombie Urist
Hapah:
Urist Imiknorris:
Deathsword:
Zrk2: Leafsnail, Vector, The Soldier
Leafsnail:
Imperial Guardsman: notquitethere
Tiruin:
alamoes: Tiruin, Zrk2
Zombie Urist: alamoes, Imperial Guardsman, Captain Ford

Not Voting: Deathsword

Day 1 will last until Thursday, 3/28 at 11 PM EST.

Urist Imiknorris has requested a replacement.  Okami No Rei has been PMed.

Please do not edit your posts.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:06:18 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 27, 2013, 09:34:34 pm »

Zrk2 has a real talent for getting mislynched. I've read a couple of his previous games and if anything, he seems like a better townie than in any of his older town games. I think he's just not very good at this.

I am admittedly quite poor at this, but that is of course no excuse. If you honestly feel I am scum then vote for me, fine. That said, this seems a little bandwagony.

Zrk2:

Leafsnail brings up a good point about your contributions. Rereading, your reaction to Deathsword's answer (and even the question itself, in fact) here strike me as very odd. You randomvote him with an irrelevant question, then seem put-out when he gives a similarly throwaway answer. What's more, you don't move your vote until post #199, when you vote alamoes (something Leafsnail covered well). This is despite the fact that you were called on leaving your vote on DS despite having no followup. Furthermore, you didn't even acknowledge that you were called on it. Did you hope you could just slip away?

I took the liberty of reading through your posts, to be sure Leafsnail wasn't underplaying your contributions. I have to agree that if you take away your vote on alamoes, you've done literally nothing constructive as of yet. As such, I believe my vote has found a home for the night. Zrk2.

Oh bullshit. I picked my RVS and asked an open ended question. He responded, and I was not satisfied. I made that clear and asked for more. I did not get it, but the game was moving on and the period in which it was useful had passed, so I moved on to other techniques.

Toaster, you're missingThe Soldier voting for me.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 27, 2013, 09:58:57 pm »

Well, I'm in, but I have yet to receive my role, I need to catch up with this game, and I need to read KotM2, so it'll be a little bit before I make a "first impressions" post.  Why don't y'all throw me some questions so I can focus my reading when I get to this game?

Vector -
A: You're always scum.
B: You voted Zrk2 at the drop of a hat.  A little eager to lynch, are we?
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 27, 2013, 10:05:58 pm »

Okami No Rei has replaced Urist Imiknorris.

Toaster, you're missingThe Soldier voting for me.

Fixed.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 27, 2013, 10:13:37 pm »

Zrk2: the two critical points which you aren't addressing are your lack of attempting to find or lynch scum for the entire game and the ease with which you backed down re: your Alamoes vote.

He's made zero contributions towards finding scum and has contradicted himself.  I can't see him as a "better townie" than anything, really.

Why don't y'all throw me some questions so I can focus my reading when I get to this game?
Ok.

1. Have you read my case against Zrk2 yet?

2. Why aren't you voting for Zrk2?

As for your vote, I'm going to go ahead and say it's stupid and that Bay 12's entire attitude to bandwagoning is kindof silly.  At the moment we're in a situation where if someone makes a convincing case against another person you cannot say "yes, I agree with that case" and vote for the person because of our "you can never join a wagon without being scum" policy.  This means that days end with a few votes sprinkled onto random people (allowing scum to easily manipulate the lynch) rather than decisive votes against people who have been shown to look scummy.

By all means attack my reasoning for going after Zrk2, but unless you can do that you shouldn't be harrassing people who have agreed with the reasoning and voted accordingly.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2013, 10:31:40 pm »

You guys don't know the pains of posting on an Ipad.  I've been trying to post this message about three times, so I'll make it short. 

I need to read the thread from beginning to end, I'll post again soon after that. 

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2013, 11:12:04 pm »

So, I've read up to date, and we have a new player. 

Seeing as Okami has claimed vector is always Scum, I ask Vector. 

How much experience in the game do you have as scum as an approximate number of victories?  I'd like to know who I'm playing with here. 

ZU, for what reason do you vote Captain Ford?

Deathsword, who do you think the most scummy person is?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2013, 11:18:15 pm »

I'm going to bed. 

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 28, 2013, 12:22:06 am »

1. Have you read my case against Zrk2 yet?
I have now.

After reading the thread, the only directly scummy bit I find about Zrk's posts is this:
Even Vector mentioned that earlier.
Appeal to authority.  Also, making excuses.

Captain Ford's been quick to defend him.  Possible candidate for scumbuddy.

2. Why aren't you voting for Zrk2?
Because I'm re-reading the thread once again, with your case in mind, in order to determine if I agree with you.

As for your vote, I'm going to go ahead and say it's stupid and that Bay 12's entire attitude to bandwagoning is kindof silly.  At the moment we're in a situation where if someone makes a convincing case against another person you cannot say "yes, I agree with that case" and vote for the person because of our "you can never join a wagon without being scum" policy.  This means that days end with a few votes sprinkled onto random people (allowing scum to easily manipulate the lynch) rather than decisive votes against people who have been shown to look scummy.
This is an excellent summary of the current B12 meta on bandwagons.  May I quote you on this in other games?

By all means attack my reasoning for going after Zrk2, but unless you can do that you shouldn't be harrassing people who have agreed with the reasoning and voted accordingly.
Harassing Vector? Me?  I just put my vote on her because she's scum more often than not, and I wanted a good placeholder vote while analyzing everybody's reasoning.

Imperial Guardsmen - Have you been taking lessons from Org?  I hope you realize that laconic posts tend to get people lynched early around here.

Spoiler: EVE (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44