Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]  (Read 96673 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sign up now! [13/?]
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2013, 03:39:31 pm »

MUST
RESIST
G.I.F.T
IMPULSE

FRESHMANISCOOLMAN
RAGE
INDUCING
First comment on the page again? grr! DE ARIMASU.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2013, 03:41:12 pm »

I had no idea that was German.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2013, 03:43:37 pm »

Please tell me you are going to mellow out a bit once the game starts.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2013, 03:44:08 pm »

Heehee, there was B12 Mafia that got run a few times...

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that I'd get autolynched because everyone knows that I'm always scum.
Weren't the B12 Mafia roles related to the meta of the players, instead of the names themselves?
Yes it was.

Also, stop spam. If you've no post related to the game.

Stop. Now.

Or I'm killing the first one of you two regardless of my alignment.
PPE: OH THANK YOU HAPAH

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2013, 03:46:07 pm »

Also, you weren't the first comment of the page for me. I hate myself so I read Mafia games at 50 posts/page.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2013, 03:46:33 pm »

I will.

Im an aspie, so my social skills arent top notch.

Logical/strategic/detective skills on the other hand...

De arimasuuuuuuuuu. D:

Urist. Tiruin.
no wonder this thing didnt send. this is a reply to Hapah, btw

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2013, 03:52:03 pm »

Im an aspie, so my social skills arent top notch.

What is it about Mafia that attracts AS people?   For a game that relies heavily on reading emotions and judging intent, there are a lot of people with a supposed disadvantage in that playing it.  Maybe it's more that B12/DF itself attracts AS people and many find their way here.

But that sounds like a conversation for another thread, because...

Signups closed!  I'm locking this thread and rolling/sending out alignments now.  Please reply with your choice of class within 24 hours.  Once all responses are in, the game will start for real.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Signups Closed! Game generating... [13/13]
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2013, 10:26:46 pm »

For years, the cult of madmen that worship Zodank of Madness kept mostly to themselves.  They would come into the city occasionally to try to recruit people for their demented rituals, many of which involved blood sacrifice.  They did not kidnap or forcibly convert, though, so the king was content to leave them be.

That changed when Gimdal Braineater became lead priest.

His name was no jest.  Zodank had given him a vision of glorious madness, veil-piercing clarity of purpose.  To ascend to new heights, he and his fellow priests must consume the minds of the sane- only then would they be allowed to partake of the most holy rites of Zodank.  They started with the most recent members of the cult.  They then went on a mighty new recruitment drive, with all members going straight to the dining room.  When this proved insufficient, they turned to harassment and intimidation, bullying people until they joined.  Still they needed more.

The kidnapping started with street people, those who wouldn’t be missed.  Soon it was unsafe to walk the streets of the city at night.  A pair of guardsmen, hearing the cries of another victim, tracked the attackers back to the Cloisters.  Upon watching, they were horrified at how the victim had her skull cracked open and her very brain ripped from her head.

They returned the next day with the king’s army, and all were put to the sword.  The building was torched, and the entrances to the cellars blocked.  Gimdal himself was hung on a pole outside the building, and left to serve as a warning.  All thought the nightmare was over.

Still, though, the area remained unsafe.  Reports of terrifying screams, echoes of the victims, were reported in the vicinity.  People who ventured near returned traumatized, telling stories of horrors still remaining below.  It seemed contained to the area, though, until the son of the army captain who slew Gimdal disappeared from his room.  The mark of Zodank was emblazoned on his wall.

The king put out a call for a party of adventurers to explore the area fully and ensure all threats were disposed of.  The reward is a pile of gold, plus any plunder still remaining in the cellars below, where the source of the terror is rumored to be.  You have signed up for this adventure, whether for noble purpose or for personal gain.  But now, you are in the cellars, and the voices are whispering around you.   Someone... or some few... are working against you.  They lurk within your group, and are working toward your downfall.  You must root them out before you are all destroyed.

Can you survive the Cloister of Zodank, God of Madness?

Day 1 has begun!

Day 1 will last until Thursday, 3/28 at 11 PM EST.

There are six items in the public pool.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - The Cloister of Zodank, God of Madness [Day 1]
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2013, 10:40:45 pm »

Oh noes, I like my precious brainmeats! The horrors!

freshmaniscoolman: Have you eaten any brains lately?

Urist Imiknorris: Why do you hate yourself?

Tiruin: Post something, please.

Vector: *taps nose* Bip! I have voted you. With my voting rock. Of votingness.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2013, 10:49:55 pm »

Hey, Toasty, quick question--what's the "six items in the public pool" thing about?

Howdy, Ford.  You've got an awful lot of very content-light questions there.  Why is that?

ImperialGuardsman: How are you going to take care of the opposition?

notquitethere, have you learned anything new about mafia recently?  What was it?  How will you approach this game differently than you've been approaching BMs?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2013, 10:51:36 pm »

Never mind, reread OP >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2013, 10:52:54 pm »

Going to bed soon. I can be very ... quirky when I'm tired.

Unvote. The rock giveth, the rock taketh away.

*throws rock at Zrk2* "Now you!"
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2013, 10:56:36 pm »

The Soldier: What did you learn in your brief time in the BM?

Tiruin: Are you scum town?

notquitethere: Would you rather be a sk or an arsonist?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2013, 11:00:49 pm »

Imperial Guardsman.  Let's say you are in the mafia.  Do you vote a buddy with your RVS question or not?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2013, 11:16:29 pm »

Tiruin: Are you scum town?
Why yes, yes I am.

Why are you asking me this?

Tiruin: Post something, please.
Dude, stop using other games to correlate with me in other games please :/

*Tiruin points at a nearby pole. "Post."

Also...your first post was a light-hearted one because "going to bed soon"?

Hey, Toasty, quick question--what's the "six items in the public pool" thing about?
You don't know this? O_o Guess you missed something?

Quote from: Rules, somewhat changed since the past Roguelikes as it used to contain FOUR items :D
3. There is a pool of public items.  This pool starts out containing six random items, at least two of which are guaranteed to be uncommon or better.  When a player dies, their items will go into this pool.  At day start, a random common item will be removed from the pool.  The contents of this pool are not known, but I will post a count of the items at day start.

Anywhoo, question below for you~!

Ford: See above. Also...how is UI's question making sense? Never saw any of his posts relating to self-hatred...

IG: Tiruin thwaps the Guardsman with a branch.
Say you're a scum Paladin. What would you do with your inspect during the first day - and how would you have it aid you in the later time?

Leafsnail: In a scenario when you've a Scroll of Ill Will - when would you it, what factors would you use it under and will there be any other factors compelling you to use it at the time given?

Freshmaniscoolman: Mind if I shorten your name to "Fresh" for easier typing?
Let's say you've a protect - under what circumstances are you going to pick your target, and why?

Vector: Hello noble thief of words - acting as this class hypothetically (and as town too, in that scenario), would you go along with your natural proclivities, and if so, what are your reasons for pickpocketing?

The Soldier: Paralysis or Protection? What's your poison? Also, depending on which you pick, what or when would you use said status effect on a person and why, in a scum scenario?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44