Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Tribes of Ice RTD [Turn 2: Wolves Everywhere]  (Read 8983 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes of Ice RTD [Turn 0: Mistakes]
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2013, 05:47:10 pm »

Explore, for anything really.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2013, 06:09:39 pm »

Explore my surroundings and look for mainly a place that looks warm (or at least less cold) and have possible food.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes of Ice RTD
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2013, 11:08:24 pm »

((I'd love to point out the anthropological difficulties of Manatees in that era and situation, but I won't :P -snip-))

((Do tell. Is there something I should know about manatees that I have missed so far? It's sort of important, you see.))
((Oops, game started!

Well...[url\http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manatee]I'll just point you here just in case my knowledge is fallible[/url] :P

Because game start.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2013, 11:10:11 pm »

Sheenya breathed out slowly, watching the mist form in front of her. Her earlier excitement had somewhat faded. The warmth of a large clan and a good meal so far away.

She knew the Great Hunt was a final thing. If she went back now...

It didn't bear contemplating. The eye of the chiefs son was already on her-a leaning, sallow, cruel boy. It was not in her power to refuse anything he offered. She did much want to enjoy the maturity of that cruelty. The loss of her who she hoped she was. Thus, the Great Hunt...independence, it seemed, was going to require her to risk her life. A worthy task.

Though that task seemed impossible.

A Blizzard Drake! It was said they could eat a dozen of her kind (and often did) and still be hungry for more. That it's razor claws could slice through the thickest hide like a heated coal through snow. It's scales were polished like frozen diamonds, harder than stone yet it's lithe and supple body was difficult to strike squarely. That it could breath shards of bitter frost, and even those who defeated one often froze to death afterwards-and that it was so ferocious a warrior that even the soul of a Blizzard Drake continued the battle after it's own death, waiting till it's slayer had perished from time or tide...each soul, the hunter and the vanquished, hounding one another into the afterlife for all time. And when the fiercest blizzards raged, one might yet catch the faintest glimpse of them...

It was hard to tell how much was true. To say, she was good...but maybe not that good. In all likelihood, she would perish alone out here in the wastes, never seeing one...as so many others had. Of course, Sheenya was not depressed by this. There were other worlds than these, so the Weaver said...and the adventure never really ended. So she believed.

She stamped her feet to keep warm, rubbing her hands together. Chancing a smile.

She said a momentary prayer to her Deity Mother, the Great Weaver. -"Fancy grant me a spin, Great Weaver...warm my bones, my heart to kindle, my love-my life-my death on the your spindle. No fate but ours to know. Ar-a..."-and began to move. Faith was a rare thing out here, in the cold and the dark, but Sheenya still held a belief that something good was watching out for her...somewhere...

Of course, all that aside she knew she needed warmth...everything else was secondary. The Gods did not look kindly on fools. She began looking, remembering, watching, thinking.

Major Action: Explore immediate area

Minor Action: Examine equipment, of course. Be on the lookout for some dry hardwood sticks and tinder I could bundle up to make a fire eventually, though I'm more interested in exploring the area first. Also, check my clothes-I'm looking for a thick fibrous cord I can use. Also, prayer!

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:17:33 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2013, 11:14:00 pm »

Aestus squints into the surroundings, pondering what to do. Must of took a wrong turn somewhere... Damn, this is a terrible place to rebuild. Dark, cold, unknown. This is no place to raise a tribe! Aestus fears no unknown, his strength of arm and great size will get him through the day, he's assured of that. But the cold and the dark, no arm can move the dark, no strength can fight the cold. Only in old legends does it speak of great heroes who could do such tasks... But it just saps and takes, steals and drains, no heroes of old to be found now, just Aestus. Following his gut, he heads to the Southwest, back straight and eyes sharp for anything that could be a potential resource or way out. Even the filthiest of ponds houses wonders, if you look sharply, as he was told.

A: Head Southwest
  a1: (If possible with above action, ignore if not) Minor Scavenging/Checking own equipment if possible.

[I don't imagine we start with much, but doesn't hurt to check.]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:17:37 pm by Xanmyral »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2013, 11:21:34 pm »

Go west. Search the walls for a way out.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 12:16:06 am »

[Gamer, if we find each other somehow, short alliance until we get the hell out of this terrible place?]

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 12:25:23 am »

((Sure. But then I'm eating you.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 12:59:31 am »

[You can try, but I doubt it would end well.]

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2013, 01:05:36 am »

Turn 1: Noisy Neighbors

DAWN

Examine belongings, explore. Search for food.
You take stock of what you have to work with, then decide it's best not to dwell on that.

Gotta look on the positive side of things, after all.

[4] You find a rabbit. That counts.

[6] vs [3+1] It tries to dash away, but you lunge after it.

[6] vs [2] It doesn't get far.

You now have some delicious rabbit meat and a soft rabbit pelt. You also have nowhere to put them, so you're either going to have to leave them behind, stash them someplace and hope they're still there when you get back, or just carry them around in your arms, which will obviously impact your ability to do anything else.

+2 Rabbit Meat, +1 Tiny Rabbit Pelt
-3 Heat

Explore, for anything really.
[3] You find a stick and some moss. As you don't have anyplace to keep them, you'll have to either abandon them, stash them, or carry them around inconveniently in your hands at all times.

+Stick, +Moss
-2 Heat

Explore my surroundings and look for mainly a place that looks warm (or at least less cold) and have possible food.
[6] You find a sort of ice cave dug into the ground at an angle. It feels warm, which you suppose makes sense because then you hear something moving around in there.

-3 Heat

Major Action: Explore immediate area

Minor Action: Examine equipment, of course. Be on the lookout for some dry hardwood sticks and tinder I could bundle up to make a fire eventually, though I'm more interested in exploring the area first. Also, check my clothes-I'm looking for a thick fibrous cord I can use. Also, prayer!

Your clothes don't look like they're going to make useful rope, at least anymore.

[1] You set out exploring the area, only to hear an ominous growling behind you.

[?] You're not sure if your prayers had an effect or not.

-2 Heat

Aestus squints into the surroundings, pondering what to do. Must of took a wrong turn somewhere... Damn, this is a terrible place to rebuild. Dark, cold, unknown. This is no place to raise a tribe! Aestus fears no unknown, his strength of arm and great size will get him through the day, he's assured of that. But the cold and the dark, no arm can move the dark, no strength can fight the cold. Only in old legends does it speak of great heroes who could do such tasks... But it just saps and takes, steals and drains, no heroes of old to be found now, just Aestus. Following his gut, he heads to the Southwest, back straight and eyes sharp for anything that could be a potential resource or way out. Even the filthiest of ponds houses wonders, if you look sharply, as he was told.

A: Head Southwest
  a1: (If possible with above action, ignore if not) Minor Scavenging/Checking own equipment if possible.

[I don't imagine we start with much, but doesn't hurt to check.]
You check your equipment. That turns out to be a euphemism, as you haven't got any actual gear.

[3] You head southwest. You make good progress, but it's still crevasse as far as the eye can see. You hear more suspicious noises.

-3 Heat

Go west. Search the walls for a way out.
[3] You head west, making good progress. You're still firmly in the crevasse, but you're pretty sure you can see clear daylight in the far distance.

You hear some suspicious noises on the way, though.

-3 Heat

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes of Ice RTD [Turn 1: Noisy Neighbors]
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2013, 01:29:10 am »

Continue towards light, keep an ear and eye out for whatever made those sounds.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2013, 01:34:51 am »

Aestus grumbled to himself, feeling chilled. If things continue like this, he'll freeze to death, not something he's looking forward to. He cracks his neck and scowls. Damn noises. He wishes it would just show itself so he can pull the life from its soon-to-be carcass. Aestus growls at whatever place he believes the noise to be coming from, wishing he had time to stop and face this annoyance, but he knew that he must move on, lest the cold get him. There's no fighting that, sadly. Yet.

A: Continue southwest-ish, west if southwest is not possible.
     a1: Keep eye out for source of noise.

[You know, this crevasse wouldn't actually be that bad of a place to stay at night. During the day it is a pretty bad place to stay though.]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 01:40:16 am by Xanmyral »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2013, 01:54:46 am »

Theenya recalled the Great Hunt was always undertaken to start, as one was from birth-with no personal possessions. Not even her warm Fox-Cloak and beloved springbug bow. She could only take what clothes were needed to preserve modesty.

Which was a decided disadvantage, at the moment.

After a moment, she spoke loudly in the common trade language

"If ye be beast, you already know I'm here. If ye be man or animal-ken, know I mean you no harm."

She tensed for flight, looking for a nearby tree to climb up in case of trouble...

Major Action: Speak above, and ascertain the source and nature of the noise, flee up a tree if needed.

((Ah dang, I joined another straight d6 RTD...how so very pointless. <_<))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2013, 01:56:36 am »

[I imagine only right off the back, once you start racking up aspects things are more weighted in your favor. Its just getting them is the problem, I presume.]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2013, 02:26:27 am »

((@Xan: Ah, sure. But most of us will never get that far. Which, admittedly, is the point of this sort of game. Die for Darkseid Ironyowl :P

I suppose I got the worst luck-the only one to fail in the entire turn, yeah right, sure-so we'll see what happens. I've been around long enough to not like having my time wasted though.))

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4