Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 238416 times)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 5.0 - strange bedfellows
« Reply #180 on: September 24, 2013, 08:21:04 am »

Er.. I've an idea. If you could spare a tile on the tileset, couldn't you set the caste to use that tile? I think that would work :)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2013, 09:16:38 am »

Er.. I've an idea. If you could spare a tile on the tileset, couldn't you set the caste to use that tile? I think that would work :)
Would work as long as you don't use graphics for the creature. CASTE_TILE is what you want for that kind of thing

I can already tell you that ALT_TILE doesnt work
Doesn't ALT_TILE work on the creature level and is therefore pointless for castes? I mean there is a CASTE_ALTTILE. Almost everything dealing with the tileset on a creature has a caste version. Of course I could be barking up the wrong tree as you are an experienced modder and might have already taken this into account. I am sorry if I come off as offensive, I'm not trying to be.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2013, 10:31:56 am »

I know what caste tile does. The only problem with using a graphic on the tileset for the caste is that it still doesn't fix the position graphics problems.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 24, 2013, 10:56:59 am »

There is no support for caste graphics, that's a big bummer for me too because I'd like to make incubi sprites (we'd be a lot different if there were female dwarf sprites too).

But... perhaps... dfhack...  ???

Edit : I am reupping the windows build, no change besides that I wrongly credited the UI plugins. Crediting is important.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:20:39 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #184 on: September 25, 2013, 06:52:15 am »

The problem is tiles vs. sprites. ALT_TILE does work, but is of course overwritten by the profession SPRITE... if you turn of graphics and use creature-tiles for your dwarves/succubi, it does work with alt-tile. But no ALT_SPRITE token exists...

Dfhack could probably do something, but currently there is no script for this. But I guess you know that better then me, after all you can code. :P

Is there anything I can help with?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2013, 06:54:38 am »

I'd offer my help too, but I'm so busy lately with schoolwork I'd never find the time  :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2013, 07:36:03 am »

Playing the mod and telling me about issues is the best way to help. I need to properly test the prisonner job for the non deep succubi but no one jumped into my cage trap yet.

Otherwise I am writing a config for rendermax (it's awesome, it made me decorate my fort in a fitting way) :
https://gist.github.com/Devduweb/6659504

It is generous on light. Furniture emit a little to make the dungeon easy to read, and statues are general light sources for now. There is still missing entries and effects out there so if you wish to complete it you are free to do so.

I also colored daylight so you get sunsets and blueish night.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2013, 08:31:12 am »

Add Meph's braziers and chandelabras. They fit pretty well, whenever a new MW version comes out I splice your mod into it :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2013, 10:58:36 am »

You could do this:
Set half of the skill learn rates for succubi to 0.
Set the other half of the skill learn rates for incubbi to 0.
Now only females can learn certain skills, and only males learn other skills.
Now make profession sprites for male and female.

Only problem will be nobles, which you have to do with castes as well, same system, only males for certain nobles, only females for others. That would work, and I dont think I have seen this setup in any mod so far. It definetly possible.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2013, 01:53:06 am »

This will help but it is not a big enough issue here to change professions over it. Besides I have 2 sprite sheet to make for the succubi and only one is near complete.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2013, 04:22:49 am »

i haven't ptw'd this yet ._.

P_aul

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 04, 2013, 04:57:31 am »

Hi, this mod looks fun. However I have weird problem. I tried to splice it into MW 3i and after worldgen I got really weird civs. Civs that don't match any entity file. Civs of any creature that could potentially be a civ and then a few that shouldn't (giant blobs? Rly dwarf fortress?) The problem occurs as soon as I paste raws and graphics, without even adding dfhack scripts. I could try and pinpoint the raw file that creates the problem but it'll take time with generating world after world, even small one, so I'm hoping someone has an idea what the hfs is wrong?
"Fezzes are cool"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 04, 2013, 04:58:46 am »

Check your errorlog, you have duped raws.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 04, 2013, 06:34:58 am »

Hi, this mod looks fun. However I have weird problem. I tried to splice it into MW 3i and after worldgen I got really weird civs. Civs that don't match any entity file. Civs of any creature that could potentially be a civ and then a few that shouldn't (giant blobs? Rly dwarf fortress?) The problem occurs as soon as I paste raws and graphics, without even adding dfhack scripts. I could try and pinpoint the raw file that creates the problem but it'll take time with generating world after world, even small one, so I'm hoping someone has an idea what the hfs is wrong?
I'll upload my version of the foocubus mod which is compatable with MW later. There are numerous incompatability issues

P_aul

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 04, 2013, 06:40:42 am »

Not that many tbh. I managed to make it work, or at least to gen world. Now on to testing if everything actually works :)
"Fezzes are cool"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42