Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: RTD2: Turn 22- May the fourth  (Read 13347 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD2: Turn 4- Wait-listers wanted
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 02:50:40 pm »

>Remind self that I AM an electronics repairman. Write it on the list.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 07:00:44 pm »

>Determine nature of the masters, their goals and what they intended for me to do.

>In the meantime head to bathroom and void bowels in an efficient, hygienic fashion. This should aid the cognitive process.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 07:28:57 pm »

Category: Combatant
Profession: Demolition
Inclination: Explosives

Wait list please!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: R2DT: Turn 5- A land too near
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 09:40:43 pm »

Make something up for the plot
Hmmm, very familiar rolls, need to change randomiser, oh well, spamming the button will work for now... Ooooh, wait-lister, good thing this failed...

Tell them to head for the land and lands, I'll go prepare for exploring.
You direct the ship towards the land and take to a landing craft. Unfortunately, your directions took the ship too close and your landing craft is damaged as it is thrown free of the ship amidst the turbulence. You manage to land but your landing craft probably won't get back to the ship in its current condition.
 You are apparently in the middle of a desert. The air is mildly caustic.
Spoiler: status (click to show/hide)

>Remind self that I AM an electronics repairman. Write it on the list.
That wouldn't be right, this is not your assigned storage, to store yourself here would be most improper, your masters wouldn't be pleased about it at all, you shouldn't even be thinking about such things. Your mind starts to hurt...

>Determine nature of the masters, their goals and what they intended for me to do.

>In the meantime head to bathroom and void bowels in an efficient, hygienic fashion. This should aid the cognitive process.
Your masters owned you. You were to participate in their war. With all your masters gone, you have no purpose. There really isn't any reason to continue...

There are no bowels here.

Explosions!!!
One of the two generators has a brief fluctuation and is promptly deactivated.

Though having safely bypassed the rocks, the whole ship now rattles as it is buffeted from being too close to the land. Meanwhile one of the two generators has been deactivated and a landing craft is marooned in the middle of a desert.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD2: Turn 5- A land too near
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 09:54:15 pm »

[Just to see, does "Plot" mean that I'm in the wait list, currently playing, or something in-between?]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 12:01:17 am »

When one lacks a purpose, a cause, a reason for being... One must find a new one for themselves.

>Stealthily approach the storage area, break in and release the bowels!

They cannot deny us our bowels!
Booze is Life for Yoink

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 12:34:30 pm »

Go looking around, maybe I'll find something
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 02:36:07 pm »

>Write the [liquid covered] thing on anyway!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD2: Turn 6- Rebellion
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 10:48:59 pm »

Grant vague hints about 'the plot'.
Many become one and one becomes many.

When one lacks a purpose, a cause, a reason for being... One must find a new one for themselves.

>Stealthily approach the storage area, break in and release the bowels!

They cannot deny us our bowels!
You leap into the remains of your former masters and start tearing out and identifying the few pieces that can still be identified.
The doctor becomes partially lucid and suggests that you should apply for reeducation.

Go looking around, maybe I'll find something
A brief look around reveals nothing but sand, sky, and a mildly damaged landing craft.

>Write the [liquid covered] thing on anyway!
You engage the manifest, but cannot concentrate enough to enter anything. It is really unlikely that your masters would appreciate this sort of behaviour.

Enquire about the plot.
Some sort of participatory effect seems probable.

1 down...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 11:49:58 pm »

[Well, think I understand. Or don't. Either way, nothing wrong with a test.]

>Locate possible explosive materials, attempt to resist urge to combine them into volatile compounds for now.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 12:23:00 am »

>Approach nearest player-unit and inform them of the transgressions done by our employers OPPRESSORS.

Remind them of the importance of regular bodily functions in a healthy, well-rounded mental state, and postulate that the control/denial of the bowels is actually the control/denial of our very thoughts.

Once dialogue process is completed, draw political cartoons to such effect on the walls. The people must be made aware of their lack of poop and thus, lack of freedom.

Begin recruitment process. This being that once sold spray-on tan and wonder diets to an idle populace of television-dwellers shall now sell revolution/poop to the downtrodden. Revolution/poop is very marketable. Ergo such a process should be easy and met with the utmost success.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 12:26:47 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 02:18:50 am »

Start fixing craft
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 03:25:24 pm »

>SOD THE MASTERS PUT IT ON ANYWAY

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD2: Turn 7-holey rusted metal!
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 07:26:54 pm »

Drop some hints about the setting.

>Approach nearest player-unit and inform them of the transgressions done by our employers OPPRESSORS.

Remind them of the importance of regular bodily functions in a healthy, well-rounded mental state, and postulate that the control/denial of the bowels is actually the control/denial of our very thoughts.

Once dialogue process is completed, draw political cartoons to such effect on the walls. The people must be made aware of their lack of poop and thus, lack of freedom.

Begin recruitment process. This being that once sold spray-on tan and wonder diets to an idle populace of television-dwellers shall now sell revolution/poop to the downtrodden. Revolution/poop is very marketable. Ergo such a process should be easy and met with the utmost success.
You quickly locate the location of an active slave and charge down to the troop's hold, splashing gore along the walls as you go. You find a maintenance model trying desperately to place itself on the cargo manifest and in the midst of melting its own mind in the effort. You physically force its appendage to make the entry and preach to it of the importance of bodily functions and organic organs.

Start fixing craft
Your group clears most of the sand from the engines, patch up most of the holes and kick some loose connections into place. Fortunately the damage was only minor, it should be able to get you back to the ship now. This sand really isn't good for you...

>SOD THE MASTERS PUT IT ON ANYWAY
You lock your mind into your chosen task and desperately struggle against your constraints. Just as you feel your mental processes begin to fail, a humanoid model marches in, forces your action, and proclaims the great virtues of biological functions. Your control button overloads and explodes. You now have a small crater in your torso, an entry in the manifest, and a mind that is no longer bound to service.

Introduce unstable elements.
Somewhere, somehow, the security on the ship's armouries and fuel stores is deactivated. Not that anyone is likely to notice...

It may have cost sanity and major injury, but two of you at least are free from your service. So long as nobody finds out...
Read the First Post!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD2: Turn 7-holey rusted metal!
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 11:19:27 pm »

[Ah... I think I get it. Hehehe.]

>Corrupt visual/video surveillance of armory, cargo, or other storage facilities with repeating feedback loops
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8