Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rising Powers: OOC/Signup  (Read 1973 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Rising Powers: OOC/Signup
« on: March 14, 2013, 08:21:16 pm »

Spoiler: INTRO (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ORDERS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: COMBAT (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TECHNOLOGY (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ESPIONAGE (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ECONOMY (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NATION SHEET (click to show/hide)

Woo, you know the dozens of godgames that fill up this forum? Well let's do that, but instead with nations! Don't expect this to be heavy on rules, do however expect it to be light on rules that may or may not change during the game. Oh, and when submitting a nation try to be somewhat creative. I'd rather have the American Peoples Republic than just the plain old USA, so try to make something unique.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 06:20:56 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rising Powers: OOC/Signup
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 01:55:47 am »

This looks interesting. Could you provide a list of acceptable military doctrines?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 02:02:53 pm »

This looks interesting. Could you provide a list of acceptable military doctrines?
Feel free to go with whatever you find interesting. Really, it's just supposed to be how your country carries out war. Whether if it's through a strict central command, or a more flexible individual units tactics, just pick something that you think would make sense for your particular country.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 02:12:34 pm »

How much would we be expected to write for this?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 02:15:14 pm »

How much would we be expected to write for this?
Not a lot. You don't need to write a massive amount, or much at all really. Just four actions a turn, and if you want a bit of fluff to your post. As long as you have an interesting idea for a country, you should be fine though.
Welcome to Reality.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 05:03:26 pm »

No interest? Fair enough, I'll just post one last time and if no one is interested I'll leave this thread be.
Welcome to Reality.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 05:28:46 pm »

I'm working on an app, but I get side-tracked easily (damn you tvtrope!) so it might take a bit.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 05:38:54 pm »

In time
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:53:38 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 05:52:38 pm »

*Reserving, will post a sheet tomorrow* Claiming Scandinavia
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 06:34:39 pm by Evil Marahadja »

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 06:15:35 pm »

reserving.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 06:21:35 pm »

Oh, fuck. I forgot to include on the nation sheet what your general location was in the world. Earth, that is.
Welcome to Reality.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 07:25:08 pm »

Name: Republic of Persia
Color: Green
History: The Great Depression led to many changes in Persia, most notably the replacement of the Shah's despotism with a more representative government. This new government had two main priorities: to extend Persian influence to prevent a repeat of the geopolitical events of the preceding century, and to carefully control the economy to prevent a repeat of the Great Depression.
General Location: Iran

Government

Government System: Representative Democracy
   Ideology: Conservative

Economy

Economic System (Laissez Fair, Central Planning, etc.): Regulated Capitalism
   Economic Focus: Machinery, petrochemicals
   Important Resources: Oil

Military
   Infantry/Naval/Air Percentage (For example, 70% Infantry, 20% Air, 10% Naval.): 60% Infantry, 20% Air, 20% Naval
   Doctrine (Mass Conscription, Blitzkrieg, Armored Focus, etc.): Combined Arms

Is this alright (except for the History section; I'm working on that at the moment)?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:13:44 am by RulerOfNothing »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 07:27:13 pm »

Yup, you're good.
Welcome to Reality.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 07:40:52 pm »

Oh, and I'm using west indonesia and the Malaysian peninsula.

EDIT- aaand in except for history.
SECONDEDIT-done
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:19:06 pm by racnor »

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 03:12:17 am »

Name: United Scandinavia  (or, US)
Color: Red
History: After an ever increasing threat from the East, the Northern countries decided to merge their armies. But that was´t enough. Russia manage to stage a successful coup in both Norway and Sweden, which spread to Finland and Denmark aswell. However, Things did not go as Russia planed. Those who gained power in the new united Scandinavia refused to be annexed by the communist, and instead mobilised the entire US army. While the Soviet union would be able to win a battle against the combined forces of the North, they estimated the casualties in the aftermach to be to high to make it worth its while.

When the newly formed US was free from any direct threat the government started to rearm the military. With a clear focus on special forces. To survive against its stronger opponents, the US will need to use very unconventional tactics. They did not embrace communism fully either. Instead they nationalise those industries which they deemed crucial for the US.

General Location: Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.

Government System: Pragmatic Dictatorship (Leaders from the Coup still rules US. However, they sorrund themself with diffirent expert who give advice in areas where the former generals have no insight.)

Economic System: Mixed; The Us have nationalised important sectors such as raw resources, heavy industries etc. Most consumer goods production are still ruled by the private sector.

Economic Focus: Military equipment (Infantry weapons, clothes, etc) Education and Automobiles.
   Important Resources: Oil and Iron.

Infantry/Naval/Air Percentage:
Infantry 50, Naval 20, Air 30

Doctrine: Special forces and unconventional tactics, often strongly incorporated with Us newly formed espionage agency. (YES, I WILL HAVE WW2 JAMES BOND-VIKINGS!)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:24:35 am by Evil Marahadja »
Pages: [1] 2