Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72045 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 3 - Round 4 Day 6 (PM to sign up)
« Reply #510 on: April 04, 2013, 04:54:30 pm »

A graverobber can acquire any ability that's listed after "actions" in a role PM.  A cyborg cannot acquire automatic abilities, but can obtain any non-automatic ability that targets it.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 04, 2013, 05:14:19 pm »

How about mugger?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 04, 2013, 05:25:33 pm »

PFP

Toony: I don't see a good reason for The Soldier to have fired off a blind kill instead of a blind protect on N4.
Well:
Toaster: My logic is this. Hard to read players have scum games that are nearly identical to their town games. It's often possible to seem like town's greatest asset up until they win. N0, all I know is that I have a kill, who knows if anyone else does. Ideally, killing the hard to read player would mean that candidates for King would be easier to read. I feel that tbis is worth the high chance of hitting town.
This just applies for N0 here but it IS possible.

It's possible that you're lying and used a block last night to cover for the fact you didn't delay N4. I don't believe that's the case.
Back at you!  Also I wouldn't lie about my full-claim if I was going to get lynched.

Hapah needs to give his great understanding anyway.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 04, 2013, 05:31:14 pm »

I'm putting it together, probably be 20 minutes or so.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 04, 2013, 05:34:31 pm »

Mugger can obtain a 1 use version of any non-automatic ability its target had, assuming the mafiakill is successful.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 04, 2013, 05:52:29 pm »

Alright, let's get to it. It's not going to be pretty (I've got to leave for a class soon), but I think you'll get the idea.

First things first, Ford is a Cannibal. For reference, Cannibal (sk; super-rare; 4+ players): You can kill and eat someone, stealing their power (and one of their role abilities) for yourself. Actions: consume He claimed his targets as follows:

N1: Toaster
N2: Urist Imiknorris
N3: Urist Imiknorris
N4: Toaster
N5 (implicit, posts 470 through 479): TheSoldier

He might've ended up at Toaster N1, I don't really know. Most dangerous thing he could've picked up is Dirty Bomber, so not really that big a deal. He probably didn't end up at UI N2 (I think he killed me?), but neither of these are particularly important. I guess if he turns up with a gas can or santa hat we'll know. The fun doesn't really start until N3.

N3, Ford said he targeted UI. Maybe he actually did, I don't know, he was town at the time, doesn't matter. But I am of the opinion that he ended up targeting Okami (probably via Anarchist), and much more importantly, Toony's delay hit Ford N3. This likely happened because there was still an Anarchist alive. Stick with me, I know it might not make much sense yet.

Toony claimed his delay ability D3 (thanks for the link, Toony). Ford is still town at this point, but it's irrelevant. D4 comes and the King gets lynched, and we're going into N4 with a new King. I think that Ford is the king, and here's why. Ford knows that his N3 kill is unaccounted for, that there is a delayer, and that there was an anarchist. It's not a stretch for him to figure out that he probably got delayed. If you were the King there, and you had a pretty good idea that a NK was coming down the pipe, and you have a 1-shot block, what would you do?

I figured it out earlier today. You build yourself an airtight alibi.

Think about it. You've got an action that can be almost 100% confirmed by another player, and there's still a NK. So obviously the King did the kill, and obviously it couldn't be you, could it? It's nearly goddamn bulletproof. That's why Ford shot off the block out of the blue (instead of his NK that makes him more powerful), that's why he opens up right out of the gate with trying to get his block confirmed, so he can "confirm" himself as town. I thought the oddball block was a little off, but if you look at it this way it makes absolutely perfect sense. It doesn't require any from-the-hip shooting from Okami or Soldier (who had better moves to do if they had no suspicions), it doesn't require any crazy mental gymnastics (I thought maybe he'd picked up Anarchist from UI or something initially, that's why), and it makes all the actions I thought were a little odd fit.

I've got to get ready to go. All I can ask of you at this point is that you don't hammer me or hammer nolynch until we've had a chance to talk things over. And I would ask you, Toaster and Toony, even if you think I'm full of shit, to please go and read Ford's early D5 with the above in mind. It fits.

Ford: I still wanna know why you ate Soldier last night.

Gotta get ready and hopefully not get ridiculed on my return, lol.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 04, 2013, 06:12:12 pm »

Votecount:
Hapah: Toaster
Captain Ford: Hapah
Not voting: ToonyMan, Captain Ford

All players have voted.

Day ends in 24 hours time.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 04, 2013, 09:12:27 pm »

Wow Hapah, that's...really good.  You captured the frame of mind I could see Captain Ford being in.  And I do agree like I said before that I don't understand why King Mafia would try to blackmail someone's role if they're about to be lynched (okay maybe spite but).

Something that doesn't make sense though is that Ford could have hammered you after I voted and put you at L-1, and after that they unvote you.

I've got to get ready to go. All I can ask of you at this point is that you don't hammer me or hammer nolynch until we've had a chance to talk things over. And I would ask you, Toaster and Toony, even if you think I'm full of shit, to please go and read Ford's early D5 with the above in mind. It fits.
We can spend the next day talking about it.

Ford: I still wanna know why you ate Soldier last night.
Yes me too.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 04, 2013, 09:46:09 pm »

Blimey.  If that's true, then I'll never trust Ford again.

I'm reading over it and considering, but I have a server to reboot in fifteen minutes and my VPN has been temperamental lately.  I'll start with a thought:  Given Toony has a delay and I don't think there's any scenario that makes sense where he is scum, we could always lynch one, and if we hit town, delay the other to get us to 3 man LYLO.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 04, 2013, 10:35:39 pm »

Yeah, like I said, it's goddamn magnificent. If it's true, Ford gets a lot more respect from me.

A blatant quickhammer on me probably would have lost Ford the game: you'd delay him that night, certainly, and you and Toaster could've lynched him next day. A nolynch would probably be the only way, maybe off Toony this night (since decent odds I would have eaten the delay) and make Toaster play kingmaker.

Plus I imagine Toaster might pick up a kill tonight from either Okami or Soldier (they both have one, yeah?)

I think it's your move, Ford.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 05, 2013, 12:52:48 am »

Yeah, that's accurate. Except I can't acquire passive abilities. I acquired the census ability from UI, not Anarchist.

Mod: To verify, can a cannibal acquire the anarchist ability by eating someone?

There's a number of reasons I ate Soldier, but the primary one is that I made a mistake and believed you to be town due to your claim. I would have eaten you instead (and I really, really should have).

Also, by spending my night action, I could demonstrate that I didn't block Toaster tonight, thus verifying my claim OR requiring someone else to be covering for me and lying on my behalf, which makes no sense.

Hapah.

I'm going to bed.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 05, 2013, 12:59:43 am »

Also, you still haven't accounted for Okami dying (that quote from The Soldier was referring to a circumstance where he only had a kill, and he only identified Toaster as a possible target).

I'll post the full claim I wrote up tomorrow, but it's at work so that'll have to wait for now.

(...anarchist isn't actually required for that scenario, is it, though? Huh.)

In any case, Hapah, I totally regret going softball on you.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 05, 2013, 01:44:31 am »

I'm crashing. Ford, mind posting your written-up claim so we can feed it into that encoder and see what falls out?

Also, I just realized Dirty Bomber is a day ability, so a lynch-and-delay strategy wouldn't work if Ford could get the bomb off right before deadline.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 05, 2013, 01:49:20 am »

Whoop, my mistake, didn't see that you had it at work. Just post it when you can.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 05, 2013, 08:43:52 am »

Yeah, Ford, I'm going to want to see that claim sooner rather than later.  Like, your next post.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41