Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72003 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 3 - Round 4 Day 6 (PM to sign up)
« Reply #525 on: April 05, 2013, 09:10:24 am »

Mod: To verify, can a cannibal acquire the anarchist ability by eating someone?
Yes.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 05, 2013, 10:18:04 am »

...wtf? I need to reread my PMs.

(later) ...yeah, I totally got a contradictory answer from Leafsnail. I don't know what's up with that.

Anyway, here's the claim I wrote up, in all it's glory:

Quote from: April 04, 2013, 12:29:02
Yeah, no. Hapah. I'm done with this dance.

I'm a Cannibal.

N0: Did nothing. Got Block from Santa.
N1: Killed Toaster. Gained dirty bomb.
N2: Targeted UI, got bounced to Hapah. Became Santa.
N3: Killed UI, gained Census.
N4: Blocked Toaster.
N5: Killed The Soldier. Gained Protect.

Aside from the dirty bomb, I really don't have anything all that threatening. Hapah either failed to ask the necessary questions, or he's just trying to create paranoia.

I realized after starting the game that if I ever claimed vig, I'd have a tough time later on as king when there weren't two kills anymore, so I wanted to keep the dirty bomb a secret so I could set it off and then have an excuse for not killing.

I can only gain active abilities. I can't gain passive abilities such as kill immunity or an anarchist's randomization.

I don't have the faintest clue what Hapah is on about.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:48 am »

Probably just tricky wording. You can probably pick up Auto abilities (like Anarchist), but not completely passive abilities (like, say, Super-Saint). That'd be my guess.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 05, 2013, 10:42:57 am »

Is Anarchist an auto ability? I guess I assumed it was passive.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 05, 2013, 10:44:52 am »

Who killed Okami??

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 05, 2013, 10:46:50 am »

PFP

Yup, it's an auto.

PPE: Who are you asking Toony?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 05, 2013, 10:52:35 am »

PPE: Who are you asking Toony?
Captain Ford really, we still have an unsolved mystery in Ford's claim.  Hapah explains it in his accusation post and honestly one thing that Hapah's post has over Ford's is an account of how every kill happened.

I'm leaning on Hapah's side here.  He also explains why Ford wouldn't want to hammer so obviously because I could just delay them!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 05, 2013, 10:56:19 am »

PFP

Ford: Can you be a little more detailed in your reasoning for killing Soldier? He was getting delayed anyway.

Mod: Would the Dirty Bomber ability extend the day if it was close to deadline?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 05, 2013, 10:57:02 am »

No.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 05, 2013, 11:00:06 am »

PFP

Also Ford so the mod does not strike me down.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 05, 2013, 11:09:57 am »

Ford:  Please, in GREAT detail, explain why you killed The Soldier.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 05, 2013, 11:11:49 am »

Well, damn. I definitely wouldn't have been so damn confident about everything if I'd been an anarchist.

If I were king, I totally would have killed you last night, Hapah. You can call it WIFOM, but if your accusations are true, I really had no good reason not to.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fucking fuck fuck fuck.

That's about all I got. I totally fucked up by not killing you last night, Hapah.

I'll say it again, fucker. I killed The Soldier because I assumed you were fucking town, and that was dumb. I didn't understand all the possibilities, so I was too confident in my own roleclaim being believed.

Toony: Hapah's claim doesn't explain Okami's death either. It makes a helluva lot more sense that either Hapah or Toaster is the king and one of them killed Okami.

PPE: Lots of people.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 05, 2013, 12:28:30 pm »

*sigh* Calming down a bit now.

I'll do my best to explain what was running through my head when I picked the Soldier as my target last night.

• I think Toaster is scum.
  • *rereads Toasters posts* Hmm...actually, he's not that scummy.
  • Hapah is incredibly scummy.
  • But he couldn't have killed Okami, he inspected me last night. Unless he was a cheater.
  • *asks Leafsnail about how cheater and rolecop work, and the answers are hugely illuminating* He's not a cheater. (I completely miss other roles that could allow him to both kill and get my role, because I am doing this thinking under a lot of time pressure and don't have time to search the role list).
  • Well, if it isn't Hapah, then it's Toaster. (I actually send in a kill on Toaster)
  • Wait, if it's NOT Toaster, then I'm going to get lynched tomorrow, because it will look like I did that to cover up a lie. (I send in a decision to no action)

(I don't remember the exact order, but I changed my decision five times, each time I flip-flopped back and forth on what was my biggest concern. I stressed out way too much about this decision)
  • In the end, I decided that it was either Toaster or Toony, and I figured out that if I eliminated The Soldier, then we could lynch Toaster if he was actually blocked, and I could kill Toony in the night.
  • But then if Toaster was the king, he could simply lie, making Toony (or me) out to be a liar.
  • It seems like Toaster is pretty much guaranteed to say he wasn't blocked. (In fact, when Toaster claimed, it really threw me off) (But if I thought that, then why did I leave him alive so he could claim?)
  • But then it's possible Toony is the king, and actually hasn't submitted a kill.
  • It could be The Soldier, too. I thought his responses were town, but then ... I've never seen him playing as scum. He might be really good at it, and I wouldn't know.
    ...and I'm a little burnt out right now. People are asking me to do things, so I need to get some more work done.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Anyway, then.

Toaster: If you were roleblocked, would you claim it?

I didn't like this as soon as I saw it.  It being the very first thing you said does reek of a desire to get cleared.

Now let's look at this D5 post of Ford:

I was heavily suspicious of Toaster, but on rereading I don't see it anymore. His reasons for voting DS aren't bad. Even so, if my block was delayed (and I believe it was), then he couldn't kill this coming night if he wanted to. (PPE: Toaster beat me to it)

Hapah has my suspicion for doing nothing but picking at my block claim. He hasn't talked to or about anyone else (except to respond to Toaster), and we're very close to the lynch. Definitely feels wrong.

Soldier's reasons for unvoting Deathsword strike me as earnest.

...compared to his claim...

*sigh* Calming down a bit now.

I'll do my best to explain what was running through my head when I picked the Soldier as my target last night.

• I think Toaster is scum.
  • *rereads Toasters posts* Hmm...actually, he's not that scummy.
  • Hapah is incredibly scummy.
  • But he couldn't have killed Okami, he inspected me last night. Unless he was a cheater.
  • *asks Leafsnail about how cheater and rolecop work, and the answers are hugely illuminating* He's not a cheater. (I completely miss other roles that could allow him to both kill and get my role, because I am doing this thinking under a lot of time pressure and don't have time to search the role list).
  • Well, if it isn't Hapah, then it's Toaster. (I actually send in a kill on Toaster)
  • Wait, if it's NOT Toaster, then I'm going to get lynched tomorrow, because it will look like I did that to cover up a lie. (I send in a decision to no action)
With the eventual claimed kill on Soldier, these posts don't add up.  If he reread and didn't suspect me any more, why reread and decide against me again at night?

Also, you lied. You claimed a Rolecop ability yesterday, distinctly implying you couldn't have killed Okami. Scum.

This is knee-jerk and overly aggressive.  At this point, given his next two posts, Ford looks like he's getting jumpy- like scum that's been cornered.

Yeah, that's accurate. Except I can't acquire passive abilities. I acquired the census ability from UI, not Anarchist.

You didn't need to.

And frankly, Ford's post two up from this one is him cracking scum.  His great plan is unravelling and he's caught out.

So!

We lynch Ford today.  If he's telling the truth, then it's Hapah.  Toony delays him and we lynch him tomorrow.  Toony, any issues with that?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 05, 2013, 12:55:39 pm »

Toony: Hapah's claim doesn't explain Okami's death either. It makes a helluva lot more sense that either Hapah or Toaster is the king and one of them killed Okami.
It does explain Okami's death if you're lying!  The only death Hapah's claim doesn't account is Urist Imik but he could have killed himself by accident (seeing that at the time there was only one anarchist, himself) or the less likely chance Urist Imik did something else and Okami killed him (or used his kill and random'd onto UI).

Also I was delaying The Soldier, your NK of him didn't really serve a purpose besides putting us at MYLO.  In fact, everybody who's died so far can be attributed to you.

At least this enlightens me on Round 2 a whole lot.  You probably figured UI was the Mafia King because I delayed UI and only your kill on Hapah (even though you targeted UI originally) went through.  I'm not mad at you for not claiming vig (it's understandable), but I think you're this round's Mafia King.

Even if we're somehow wrong I can delay Hapah.

Captain Ford, I think this ties the vote with two on Hapah and two on Ford.  It's hammer now!

PPE:
Toony, any issues with that?
No.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41