Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72095 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 3 - Round 4 Day 5 (PM to sign up)
« Reply #420 on: April 02, 2013, 12:38:46 am »

EBWOP: Let me rephrase that. It's unprovable now, but I claimed it (more or less) in the first post of the day. If I did kill Okami (unlikely, given Toony delayed me), then my claim would have been easily disproven if Toaster had actioned and Toony had delayed somebody else.

It feels like you're fishing for my role.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

I guess I am assuming that Okami was killed by the king, though.
Mhmm. Just wanted to pick your brain a little.

Also, why use the block this particular night, instead of any of the past nights? It smells a little off.
This is the first time we've started a round at night with kills allowed. I had no clue who might be the king, and it felt like an appropriate time to use it.
That is technically true, but it's not the first night where the King could kill. He could kill any night besides the first one, yeah? The difference seems rather trivial to me.

I don't see what this has to do with me being scum, though. My claim is unprovable either way (unless Toaster actions the next night).
I'm just struggling to piece together why you would use this action on this particular night, of all nights. It feels inconsistent.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 02, 2013, 09:28:41 am »

Hapah:
...it's not the first night where the King could kill. He could kill any night besides the first one, yeah? The difference seems rather trivial to me.
Yes, you're right about that. Obviously the differences were not trivial to me.

Soldier:
Was your Deathsword vote pressure or lynch? Also, why did you think Toaster was most likely to target you?
1. Pressure.
2. Gut feeling.

And I'm off to work!
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 02, 2013, 09:54:13 am »

Hapah:
I don't see what this has to do with me being scum, though. My claim is unprovable either way (unless Toaster actions the next night).
I'm just struggling to piece together why you would use this action on this particular night, of all nights. It feels inconsistent.

So you're saying you wouldn't use a block in a "N0" situation?  Why wouldn't you?  If you have a role, why not use it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 02, 2013, 10:20:50 am »

PFP

I'm saying I don't understand why he'd wait until N4, when he could have used it on N1, N2, or N3. Especially given his "I didn't want to die with it" statement. He claims the block was a 1-shot he received from me N0.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 02, 2013, 10:53:05 am »

Man, I need to put down the crack pipe.

Yes, I agree that firing a one-shot action blind is pretty oddball.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 3 - Round 4 Day 5 (game over!)
« Reply #426 on: April 02, 2013, 12:43:44 pm »

Toony:
Toaster
Ford:  I'll just have to take your claim at face value, because I took no action last night.  I did not receive any night PM.
This feels like rolefishing, but I'm not really sure.
What does that mean?  Are they role-fishing or not?
I do want an answer!
Whoops, missed that one.
I don't know.  I guess you could say it looks like a duck but it doesn't quack like a duck, so I'm not sure if it's a duck or not.  I suppose it isn't if he legitimately didn't know that I wouldn't know if I was blocked if I had taken no action.
Hmmm okay.

Day ends in about eight hours so I'll give a read of everyone (from most to least scummy):

Toaster, I don't like his subtle suspicion throwing on Captain Ford, and he had been very quick to try to lynch Deathsword for the exact same reasons as last time.
The Soldier:  Until he convinces me otherwise (or someone overtakes him like last round), it's a lynch vote.  He got away with it last round, but enough is enough.
I do agree that it's possible Deathsword is King Mafia, but aren't you just completely gambling here?  You managed to lynch NQT correctly because you had a good "actively-scummy" read on him.

Hapah hasn't been the most active person, and his case on Captain Ford boils down to "why didn't you use your one-shot earlier??" even though them using their one-shot would mean they couldn't kill anybody.  Although I find Toaster's agreement more suspicious.

Deathsword hasn't be very helpful at all and I'd reeeaally like if he posted today since his activity has been really bad.  This was true last round so it's a painfully nulltell.

The Solider put Deathsword at L-1 pretty quick but I've already stated that is not something you should lynch over, I haven't caught anything bad he's said otherwise.

Captain Ford didn't kill Okami if my night-action worked.  He also feels genuine in my gut, but maybe I've been with him too long now.  Toaster and Hapah have both thrown suspicion on him, but my biggest scum reads are on Toaster and Hapah.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 02, 2013, 12:58:25 pm »

Lynching me is pretty stupid, when if I'm blocked tonight (yes I'll be acting tonight) will clear both you and Ford.

In any case, I'm holding judgement on Ford for the case of the above.

Deathsword is basically not playing.  The way I see it, if I am blocked tonight, it's either him, Hapah, or Soldier.  He's been non-participatory, Hapah is skimming along, and Soldier is the only one of the three trying to do some hunting.  If you disagree that Deathsword should hang, I could get behind a Hapah lynch.

Toaster, I don't like his subtle suspicion throwing on Captain Ford, and he had been very quick to try to lynch Deathsword for the exact same reasons as last time.
The Soldier:  Until he convinces me otherwise (or someone overtakes him like last round), it's a lynch vote.  He got away with it last round, but enough is enough.
I do agree that it's possible Deathsword is King Mafia, but aren't you just completely gambling here?  You managed to lynch NQT correctly because you had a good "actively-scummy" read on him.

How long are you going to let him get away with not playing?  Like I said, if a better lead comes along, I'll change my vote, but this can't go on forever.  Right now there aren't better targets.  If he comes along with a solid content post, I would move on to Hapah.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 02, 2013, 01:09:59 pm »

Unvote Toaster
Lynching me is pretty stupid, when if I'm blocked tonight (yes I'll be acting tonight) will clear both you and Ford.
Okay, that makes sense.  I was voting the top person purely on my scumreads, I forgot to incorporate other factors.

That means I'm gonna to vote Hapah for now, if Deathsword doesn't even post today I think I can accept him being lurky scum at that point but it just makes me so mad.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 02, 2013, 01:17:51 pm »

PFP

Ford: Any chance you could let me know who you visited at night in past rounds?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 02, 2013, 01:21:26 pm »

I believe that makes the vote count unofficially:

Deathsword: Toaster (1)
ToonyMan: Deathsword (1)
Toaster: The Soldier (1)
The Soldier: Captain Ford (1)
Captain Ford: Hapah (1)
Hapah: ToonyMan(1)

Everyone is voting a different person.  I don't think I've ever seen that outside a 3-man LYLO before.

I'm willing to break the tie in Hapah's favor.  I'll be around for another 2 1/2 hours or so, then I probably won't be on before day end.  If I haven't seen anything happen since then, I'll be doing so.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 02, 2013, 01:27:27 pm »

Hmm...

I was heavily suspicious of Toaster, but on rereading I don't see it anymore. His reasons for voting DS aren't bad. Even so, if my block was delayed (and I believe it was), then he couldn't kill this coming night if he wanted to. (PPE: Toaster beat me to it)

Hapah has my suspicion for doing nothing but picking at my block claim. He hasn't talked to or about anyone else (except to respond to Toaster), and we're very close to the lynch. Definitely feels wrong.

Soldier's reasons for unvoting Deathsword strike me as earnest.

I don't believe Toony would lie about delaying me. His reads are pretty tight, and his activity is good.

Deathsword's not posting is terrible. Toaster is right that we can't let him get away with it forever, but my intuition is telling me he's not the king.

PPE: Toaster, Toony, Hapah, Toaster

Hapah: No.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 02, 2013, 01:31:47 pm »

PFP

I'm picking at your block claim because:

-It doesn't mesh with your "use it or lose it" claim
-Considering I know what your role is, it seems even more unusual.

I'm not taking your role info to the grave with me unless I'm reasonably certain you aren't the King, and I'm not there yet. We can either play nice or I can puke up all the info I have before I get lynched.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 02, 2013, 01:56:41 pm »

...that doesn't make any sense. If you actually know my role, then the answer should be obvious.

Maybe I need to highlight this for you, since you seem to have missed it:
This is the first time we've started a round at night with kills allowed. I had no clue who might be the king, and it felt like an appropriate time to use it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 02, 2013, 02:03:18 pm »

Is it? I don't think a shot-in-the-dark block is worth a damn compared to your other ability.

If you had no idea who the King might be, why'd you block at all? Even if you managed to block the King, you wouldn't necessarily know, with all the potential kill roles out there. And more than likely you'd simply block a Towny.

I'm going to assume you used your primary role ability N1 through N3. Are you going to tell me who you targeted?

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41