Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72147 times)

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 3 - Round 4 Day 5 (game over!)
« Reply #405 on: April 01, 2013, 04:18:38 pm »

In that case, Deathsword. He's now at L-1. Don't hammer him yet, there are still questions to be asked and answered today.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 01, 2013, 04:20:00 pm »

PFP

...so maybe don't put him at L-1, then?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 01, 2013, 04:23:29 pm »

Yeah that's a bit much especially since he was getting almost lynched last round for similar reasons.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 01, 2013, 04:37:27 pm »

Wasn't gonna target DS, cause he'd swap my role. Decided not to target Toony, because if he wasn't scum, his delay could stop somebody else.

I did some rolling, but ultimately I picked Toaster because I thought he was the most likely to target me if he were king. Also gut feeling.

PPE: Holy crap. 5 posts in 10 minutes?

Soldier, do you have anything original to ask DS? Or are you just happy to find a spot on the bandwagon?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 01, 2013, 05:07:34 pm »

Looks like it's going to be a bit longer, actually. I'll get a read and post in this evening though.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 01, 2013, 06:28:55 pm »

KotM4 totally needs a TRUE MAFIA KING.
No way. It'll just get out of hang: KotM9 would have the Lord Sensai Baron Doctor True King Mafia or something.

Getting my new day reread in now.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Anyone: When did Toony claim his delay?

In this game, probably.  Not 100% certainly, but probably.  Are you looking for a block claim?  You sure sound like you are.
Indeed I am. I blocked you last night using a one-shot I got from Hapah Night 0. (I figured there was no point in dying with it, and rolled to pick between you and Hapah)

So to be clear, you're saying you weren't blocked, then? If that's the case, then it looks like Toony was telling the truth about delaying me. Unless there are anarchists or redirects involved, you not being blocked would mean that both he and I are likely town.
I don't see how you getting delayed says a thing about your alignment. Toony's, maybe. What's your reasoning?

Also, why use the block this particular night, instead of any of the past nights? It smells a little off.

Hapah:  You've also done essentially nothing.  Who is scum and why?
I'll wait for Ford to answer a few questions, if you don't mind.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 01, 2013, 07:36:33 pm »

Ugh, it looks like I took my "Post more, and procrastinate less" approach too far. When I don't spend 15-30 minutes looking over a completed post, I end up saying stupid things.

No, I really don't have anything original on Deathsword. It was a hasty, poorly-thought out vote. Unvote.

Captain Ford: Was your Deathsword vote pressure or lynch? Also, why did you think Toaster was most likely to target you?

Toaster: Were you bluffing or serious when you said Deathsword could consider your pressure vote a lynch vote?

Deathsword: Do still explain your mistake.

Hapah: Toony claimed his N4 delay here, after being asked about it by Ford.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 01, 2013, 08:18:49 pm »

Toony:
Toaster
Ford:  I'll just have to take your claim at face value, because I took no action last night.  I did not receive any night PM.
This feels like rolefishing, but I'm not really sure.
What does that mean?  Are they role-fishing or not?
I do want an answer!

Whoops, missed that one.

I don't know.  I guess you could say it looks like a duck but it doesn't quack like a duck, so I'm not sure if it's a duck or not.  I suppose it isn't if he legitimately didn't know that I wouldn't know if I was blocked if I had taken no action.

The Soldier:  Until he convinces me otherwise (or someone overtakes him like last round), it's a lynch vote.  He got away with it last round, but enough is enough.

Why did you back off your Deathsword vote?  Please go beyond "hasty, poorly-thought out vote."

Hapah:  Fair enough.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Votecount (4 to lynch):
Deathsword: Toaster (1)
ToonyMan: Deathsword (1)
Toaster: ToonyMan, The Soldier (2)
The Soldier: Captain Ford (1)
Not voting: Hapah (1)

Hapah has been prodded.

Day ends in 24 hours.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 3 - Round 4 Day 5 (PM to sign up)
« Reply #415 on: April 01, 2013, 08:43:48 pm »

Whoop! My mistake. I'll rest it on Captain Ford for the moment.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 01, 2013, 11:03:46 pm »

Toaster: There are a couple reasons. One, putting him at L-1 but outright saying "OK guys don't hammer him yet" gets rid of the pressure from being at L-1, so my vote was pointless to begin with. Secondly, with him at L-1, it wouldn't be too hard for King Mafia to make up a case, quickhammer, and then later say it was an accident (assuming Deathsword is town), thus robbing us of valuable time. I pulled my vote off him because it was risky to keep it there, and there were better uses for it.

How does something Deathsword did last round affect his alignment this round?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 01, 2013, 11:36:35 pm »

The Soldier:  I see.

I will gladly answer your question once Deathsword responds to me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 02, 2013, 12:14:07 am »

Toaster: Fair enough.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

I don't see how you getting delayed says a thing about your alignment. Toony's, maybe. What's your reasoning?
If I was delayed then I didn't kill Okami. I guess I am assuming that Okami was killed by the king, though. He at least wasn't killed by me or Toony (I don't think Toony would lie about that, considering how easily it could have come back to bite him).

Toony himself was pretty adamant that his delay isn't as reliable as he thought before. In all honesty, I can see that if I were the king and I submitted the kill on Okami, then I'd know for a fact that Toony's delay on me must have been redirected or delayed (as he would have been notified if he were blocked or disabled), but I didn't do the redirect myself. All it would take is for someone to claim the redirect or delay on Toony, and I don't see a good reason for a townie not to share that information. I truthfully believe that Toony's action was successful (I don't think there's any anarchists in the game).

But feel free to give your own assessment. Back when Toony used his delay on UI, I spoke up and indicated there may have been redirects going on. So far nobody's done that this round.

Also, why use the block this particular night, instead of any of the past nights? It smells a little off.
This is the first time we've started a round at night with kills allowed. I had no clue who might be the king, and it felt like an appropriate time to use it.

I don't see what this has to do with me being scum, though. My claim is unprovable either way (unless Toaster actions the next night).
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41