Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 61018 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar- A Godly Suggestion Game
« Reply #630 on: July 20, 2013, 09:06:13 pm »

You accept, and meet Enreich on a nearby hill at midnight. He sits in the center of the hill, amidst a ring of figures in masks and gray cloaks.

The time has come, new Lord of Kaln. My brethren will provide the energy for the transformation.

You prepare your elements for use as a stream of mana pours into you. [19+2=21][19+1=20][15][Hidden Rolls]

For hours you work, shaping the primal form of the creature below you. The Brotherhood mages are forced to cut their magic before your work is done, but you press on regardless, expending your own mana reserves. You begin with the element of Life, making and remaking the features of your greatest achievement. Suddenly, struck by an inspiration, you give the entire system a subtle tweak, and everything comes into focus. From there, you fill your creation with Darkness, more than ever before. The energy takes to its vessel immediately. Finally, your creation must embody your righteous Force. This process goes less smoothly, and you consume the most mana on it, but eventually you are satisfied.

As you cease channeling your magic you survey your creation. Before you lies a visage of a fleshy cocoon. As you watch, the mound is pierced by something from the inside. The cocoon rips open and a vaguely humanoid creature steps out. It is tall, nearing eight feet, and has the body of a deformed human. The legs are missing. The skin has a smooth, hard appearance, and is a light shade of gray. The head is dominated by empty eye sockets filled with a glowing light, and a large batlike nose. The ears have receded into the head, and the creature has a small mouth, formed into a feral smile. The arms are missing from the torso, which is instead dominated by eight long, powerful arms. The arms end in three-fingered hands with long, needlelike black claws. From the lower back of the torso snakes a pair of large gray stingers reminiscent of a scorpion. It floats about a foot above the ground.

Hello, my Lord. The time has come for the Harbinger to reign again.

The Brethren bring forth a goat to serve as a testing piece. With a quick movement, Enreich approaches the creature, the night seeming to warp around him as he crosses the space in the blink of an eye, and guts it in the neck with a brutal lunge of the rightmost of his six-inch stingers. The creature utters a strangled cry and slumps over, then begins to spasm uncontrollably. Its body becomes progressively darker until almost black, then it seems to evaporate into a black vapor,  which condenses a half-present form like a disembodied shadow. The creature stands up, and begins to float beside Enreich.

This will make an able servant. I doubt I can maintain more than a few at the moment, however.

At that moment, dawn breaks and you receive your daily mana. Tomorrow at dawn the enemy will arrive. Now is the time to make your last minute preparations. Your troops are for the most part ready, but your Stalkers will complete their cycles at around the tenth hour tomorrow unless sped on their way.

Spoiler: Turn Brief (click to show/hide)

Next update will be a mini for any last preparations, then I will depart from this style and begin the Battle Extravaganza. During the Extravaganza I plan to have more frequent, shorter updates as the battle progresses, between which you can issue tactical decisions.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 21, 2013, 12:11:20 am »

MWAHAHAHAHA!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 21, 2013, 12:18:21 am »

When you get rolls like that, I'm obligated to make the most overpowered creature I can :P.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 21, 2013, 12:20:02 am »

Oh it is awesome.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 21, 2013, 06:28:17 pm »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 21, 2013, 10:39:44 pm »

Sorry! Just don't really know what we are meant to be doing right now...

Um... try enchanting our troop's weapons with Force.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 21, 2013, 10:45:42 pm »

You don't actually have to anything if you don't want, I just don't want to start without giving you a chance to do anything else you wanted to do before the battle.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 21, 2013, 10:54:54 pm »

Well, that's not quite what I was expecti-
The time has come for the Harbinger to reign again.
Hooray!

Also, we should go speed up the stalkers.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 21, 2013, 11:08:49 pm »

The Umbra Cattle should stay with out own defensive force. They should be used more as if you come across our wall we will kick your ass. The umbra stalkers can be used to harass maybe if we are lucky we can take out those towering octopuses. The Shadow Ascendant should be our trump card, and it should be used when they think they won.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 21, 2013, 11:12:01 pm »

We should bless our Warriors' weapons with darkness. Because the common trend makes things physically denser and stronger.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 21, 2013, 11:12:45 pm »

We should bless our Warriors' weapons with darkness. Because the common trend makes things physically denser and stronger.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #641 on: July 22, 2013, 10:17:43 am »

+1
This and speed up the stalkers.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 22, 2013, 09:59:15 pm »

The time has come for last minute preparations. You start by feeding mana into your Stalkers, that they might be ready sooner. [3+2=5] They seem to need more mana then you expected. With difficulty, you manage to get them ready just before dawn, though. From there, you wait. The night comes and passes, and your people huddle behind their wall of bushes. The stalkers crack, and liquid darkness pour from the ruptured creatures, coalescing in fifty five feline forms (Tongue twisters, yeah!)). Dawn comes, and with it your mana, which you immediately put to use on your followers' weapons. [2+1=3] While this gives half your warriors pretty dark spear tips, it doesn't seem to do anything else.

Suddenly, you hear thumping in the distance. Clearing the trees to the northeast nearby marches a host of creatures of Marus. At the center is a procession of humans in dark robes, carrying steel shortswords and giving off a low chanting. Ranging about them are massive hulking abominations dripping with slime and decay. Surrounding the host is a horde of amoeboid mounds of ice. At the head of the army stands a man. He stands at nigh two meters tall, dressed in dim full plate. At his side is a scabbard encrusted with rubies and topaz, carrying a broad longsword with a blade the color of tarnished silver. He wears a kite shield of similar quality, engraved with the likeness of a sword cleaving a rock in twain. His surcoat carries a similar device. In place of the typical design of helmet, he wears a helm in a shallow curving shape, coming to a shallow domelike point. The helm is fitted with two ovoid holes for eyeslits. The man steps forward now, and addresses the village.

Greetings, foolish people of Kaln. I am Wormlord Thraven, of the Council of Marus! You have made an unwise choice, in not bowing before the power of Marus. However, our Lord is merciful today! If you throw down your arms now, some of you might be left alive. The rest will be guarenteed a quick death. Resist, and your existence will be much more painful.

The time has come. Your forces are arrayed out against your foe. Thirty-odd defiant militia, armed with rough wooden shields and iron-headed spears, led by seven in suits of mail, wielding battle-hardened swords and shields. Beside the wall, Ericus carries his own spear and shield. Near the center of town, Enreich floats, accompanied by a living shadow servant. The pair of Umbral Cattle graze in the town square. In the woods west of the enemy a pack of Umbral Stalkers lie in wait. The time has come to act. The time has come... for WAR!

Spoiler: Battle Report (click to show/hide)

For the duration of the battle, I will be releasing updates in a more frequent, shorter fashion. Between these, you can supply tactical input to affect the battle.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:02:25 pm by Remuthra »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 22, 2013, 10:23:20 pm »

We need to be defensive...

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 22, 2013, 10:29:04 pm »

We need to be defensive...
May I ask how are we going to kill them with those amoeboid mounds of ice acting as a wall.
____

We need to kill those clerics I guarantee they are the ones controlling those mounds of ice. Once they are gone we have a a lot more level playing field with our enemy.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:31:50 pm by jaass »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 50