Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 61026 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar- Gratuitous Title Additions At No Extra Charge!
« Reply #570 on: June 27, 2013, 04:37:51 pm »

Bump.

A decent lieutenant would require at least 100 mana. You should have enough if you save until tomorrow.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 27, 2013, 08:20:59 pm »

Still curious to know how money will help. Are we going with videogame mechanics of lose resources, gain stuff? Is there a nearby neighbour who will sell to us? Does a merchant who makes Recette look like a kind and gullible sap live in the village? ExploitativeEnquiring minds want to know!

Edit: Lost track of a sentence there.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:29:32 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 27, 2013, 08:23:43 pm »

Still curious to know how money will help. Are we going with videogame mechanics of lose resources, gain stuff? Is there a nearby neighbour who will sell to us? Does a merchant who makes Recette look like a kind and gullible sap? ExploitativeEnquiring minds want to know!
Well, with money you could buy things from the other towns nearby, such as the one a few days away that isn't reminiscent of a certain other game's city for the apparent purpose of trading with you at all. This allows you to buy real equipment.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 27, 2013, 09:45:06 pm »

Still curious to know how money will help. Are we going with videogame mechanics of lose resources, gain stuff? Is there a nearby neighbour who will sell to us? Does a merchant who makes Recette look like a kind and gullible sap? ExploitativeEnquiring minds want to know!
Well, with money you could buy things from the other towns nearby, such as the one a few days away that isn't reminiscent of a certain other game's city for the apparent purpose of trading with you at all. This allows you to buy real equipment.
or we can make magic sticks that can cut a mountain in half.  After we have our Lieutenant, of course.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 28, 2013, 02:47:28 am »

Hmmm, speaking of sticks cutting mountains...
We might want to come up with a plant that can make hollow tunnels, under- or above-ground. Sort of like the Telvanni Towers.
Also, does lowering the area of a forcefield make it cheaper? I spy potential as alarm systems.
Similarly, can we make moving ones? Even if they have to be fixed to a base or source of some sort, they might do as makeshift armour.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 28, 2013, 09:40:21 am »

Or magic hand grenades, by making a force field collapse a portion of air into a dense enough area that it can initiate fusion.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 29, 2013, 09:55:19 pm »

Does lowering the area of a forcefield make it cheaper?
Similarly, can we make moving ones? Even if they have to be fixed to a base or source of some sort?
*Cough*

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 06, 2013, 05:15:25 pm »

Does lowering the area of a forcefield make it cheaper?
Similarly, can we make moving ones? Even if they have to be fixed to a base or source of some sort?
*Cough*
No, and yes.

EDIT: Mandatory update incoming...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:18:31 pm by Remuthra »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 06, 2013, 09:55:38 pm »

Hmmm.
Ok, something to keep in mind is making spear shafts that act as a force power battery, then making long thin blades of force on the ends that can be activated/deactivated by the wielder. Mono"molecular"blade polearms, ho!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 07, 2013, 09:06:49 pm »

The time has come to prepare to finally face the enemy. With not much time left to aid your people, you conserve your mana. The villagers have been working hard, and are assembled to defend their homes. Twenty three have been hastily trained in the basics of combat and armed with wooden shields and iron-headed spears. A further six had tasted conflict before, and had armed themselves with their old coats of splint mail, accompanied by shortswords and bucklers. Ericus prepares himself near the wall, recharging his mana and donning his robe and staff. You settle down and wait for the next day.

(16) In the evening, you receive a message from one of your disciples. They tell of an old hermit who lives in the forest, away from the rest of the village. He requests an audience.

You arrive in a small cottage in the heart of the woods. Inside is an old man, dressed in a jerkin the color of the sun. Greetings, god. I am Enreich the Wanderer. I speak for the Brotherhood of Karalis. We have been watching your work, and we have deigned to grant you a boon. I shall serve as your lieutenant, and as ambassador for my brethren. We only demand that you stay true to the will of Karalis. We will provide the materials you will need for the transformation, if you accept our boon.

Spoiler: Turn Brief (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 07, 2013, 09:10:29 pm »

Karalis...Karalis...where does this sound familiar from?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 07, 2013, 09:12:47 pm »

Karalis is the god who controlled the village of Kaln (which is named after him) before you arrived.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 07, 2013, 09:13:22 pm »

Ah, right.

Ask why we should do that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 07, 2013, 09:13:46 pm »

He is the Old god of the people we saved.
Ask what sort of Boon he had in mind to give us

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 07, 2013, 09:18:18 pm »

((For questions like these, I'll just answer them without need of an update.))

If you accept, I shall submit myself to be reborn anew, as your first lieutenant. We offer this as a show of faith.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 50