Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44

Author Topic: Putnam's DFHack scripts  (Read 119053 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: Putnam's DFHack modder's utilities
« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2013, 08:17:11 am »

Here is wip script for fake-ids: https://gist.github.com/warmist/6094841

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2013, 01:04:17 pm »

You can add gods as worship targets from lua. Also bonus fun is adding fake identity (i.e. making one of your units a "living god"). Maybe some ascension mechanic for very epic magics?

I know, I did that in the DF:MP server I was hosting a little while back. I named a guy Putnam with lua (all words removed, first name in the fig and unit removed and replaced with Putnam) then turned him into a deity (by setting his fig's deity flag to true) and used a script to make literally everyone in the world a dubious worshiper of him.

Fun fact: if you set a figure to a deity, they will get the deity symbol (Ä)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:06:22 pm by Putnam »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2013, 03:30:19 pm »

I was thinking of a mod idea where you could worship gods (from statues that are made the vanilla way thus making it harder to get access to all gods) with magical effects depending on gods spheres. And after some worship and sacrifices (including killings, blood, precious items, etc...) there would be epic items or some lucky (unlucky) citizen would be turned into avatar of that god. Unfortunately that meant thinking of hundreds of effects, sacrifices and rewards.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2013, 09:16:34 pm »

Wouldnt it be easier to focus on ONE god? DF does not have a set pantheon, so players wont recognize any gods from previous games... with one exception: Armok, God of Blood. (who, ironically enough, never shows up ingame as a worshipped god)

That would bring the list down to a single entry, plus the custom ones modders would like to add. Some basic gods, maybe borrowed from RL-myth and legend so that players have a connection to them. Basic spheres, the usual suspects, God of Smithing and War, God of Fertility and Goodwill, God of Plague and Death.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 28, 2013, 12:27:34 am »

Wouldnt it be easier to focus on ONE god? DF does not have a set pantheon, so players wont recognize any gods from previous games... with one exception: Armok, God of Blood. (who, ironically enough, never shows up ingame as a worshipped god)

That would bring the list down to a single entry, plus the custom ones modders would like to add. Some basic gods, maybe borrowed from RL-myth and legend so that players have a connection to them. Basic spheres, the usual suspects, God of Smithing and War, God of Fertility and Goodwill, God of Plague and Death.
The main reason i want to allow all random gods: because they are random, and you can see what they are. And they are similar from game to game if you play in the same world. Imo this would give flavour to the world. Having one god would just be another workshop that has inputs and outputs. Having random gods would require player to research, build temples, maybe check to see which units fallow which god (thus make them create statues, because that is how to get them) also if e.g. praying to god would work only for believers than it would be logical to set up a burrow and of priests thus giving game more depth and choices.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #260 on: July 28, 2013, 12:46:34 am »

That is true. I didnt say that it sounds like a bad idea, if you can merge the current, procedually generated pantheon into the game, by all means go ahead. It was just that you said that it would be a ton of work, so I thought of an alternative. I'd rather have a small system that works, then a bigger, better system that will never be finished, because its too much work.

I cant help with scripts, but if there is any raw modding to do for this, reactions, buildings, that sort of thing, just let me know. Happy to help. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 28, 2013, 01:52:29 am »

I'd rather have a small system that works, then a bigger, better system that will never be finished, because its too much work.

you see meph this is where we disagree

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2013, 02:11:48 am »

I'd rather have a small system that works, then a bigger, better system that will never be finished, because its too much work.

you see meph this is where we disagree
Well he also has a point, currently i have ideas for 3 out of 130 spheres... So yeah it would take a century to implement each and every one of them :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2013, 02:24:25 am »

Doesnt matter if I agree or disagree, I cant write the script ;) But please dont tell me that you'll write a super-complex, super-advanced drow race, and then dont release it because its unfinished.  :P

I think it would be fun if the player can create one single personal deity-creature in the fort. And if the names of worshipped gods can be influenced, mostly to add some easter eggs.

I did not quite understand what dwarves could do with the entire pantheon of all spheres. In my mod I ignore all gods because I cant interact with them, and just made the religion based on Armok, God of Blood. But again, I wont complain if I can play around with 130 gods/spheres, I just think its too much work for too little in return. If I understand your proposal correctly you need a "statue of god x", which is randomly generated, mostly by dwarves that follow this god, and then have reactions in multiple workshops that take those either as reagents or buildmats, limit the reactions/effects to dwarves that follow this god, and wow... I dont even know how many gods can exist in any given world. The micromanagement for the player would rise as well, with workshop profiles and/or burrows.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2013, 02:43:54 am »

But please dont tell me that you'll write a super-complex, super-advanced drow race, and then dont release it because its unfinished.  :P

no promises

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 28, 2013, 02:53:16 am »

Doesnt matter if I agree or disagree, I cant write the script ;) But please dont tell me that you'll write a super-complex, super-advanced drow race, and then dont release it because its unfinished.  :P

I think it would be fun if the player can create one single personal deity-creature in the fort. And if the names of worshipped gods can be influenced, mostly to add some easter eggs.

I did not quite understand what dwarves could do with the entire pantheon of all spheres. In my mod I ignore all gods because I cant interact with them, and just made the religion based on Armok, God of Blood. But again, I wont complain if I can play around with 130 gods/spheres, I just think its too much work for too little in return. If I understand your proposal correctly you need a "statue of god x", which is randomly generated, mostly by dwarves that follow this god, and then have reactions in multiple workshops that take those either as reagents or buildmats, limit the reactions/effects to dwarves that follow this god, and wow... I dont even know how many gods can exist in any given world. The micromanagement for the player would rise as well, with workshop profiles and/or burrows.
Idea is very simple: you create a statue of a god by normal means, then build an altar near it. Altar has only two jobs: pray and sacrifice. Pray activates the god's script (check standing, check suroundings (e.g. pools of blood give better standing with god of blood, and apply effects - good for high standing, bad for low), sacrifice consumes stuff from surroundings and increases the standing with god in a big way. So e.g. making a refuse pile around altar with statue to god of decay, and then sacrificing would bit by bit remove items from the stockpiles. Also making an altar to god of blood and battle near arena would both boost fighters before match and increase standing with god (due to all the blood and battles) and so on (god to harvest near farms, god of crafts near workshops, god of death near entrance...)
I also think that this might be to much work with little gain. That is why i'm not doing it yet, maybe i'll think of a good way to make it as easy to implement as it is possible (i.e. making the community fill out the effects and influences while making only the system that supports it). Also i'm currently working on something else.
This is the list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah3wIUIV9xPrdHlCSFFWY3l0VmdnV284S0ZrSDRKM0E&usp=sharing
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 02:57:31 am by Warmist »

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2013, 02:25:08 pm »

Nah, thats not the problem. Raising them I can do, transforming them into maggots/wormfolk, no problem. The problem is stopping them from doing so. I thought about using CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS and give the mortician an interaction to target a nearby dwarven corpse and add this syndrome... but of course that wont work.

That's what I meant... if you remove the corpse's UPPERBODY, it won't qualify for FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION, so it won't qualify for interactions using that tag.  I haven't checked, but deleting a corpse's UPPERBODY should be possible with lua.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2013, 11:11:49 am »

Well, that sounds like its better then nothing. If that "removing of upper body" works, then I can make it. Even if I cant get the wormfolk to work, it will at the very least stop animations, if I replace the vanilla version in evil biomes with a custom one, replaces REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION with FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION.

Putnam, when does you moddable gods script has to be triggered? Can I just add the creatures to the raws, add a line in the init, and thats it? And will you add your other god script here as well, the one you posted on reddit? :)

Ombragon

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLEEQUICK][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 30, 2013, 11:20:41 am »

Projectile expansion can work on a creature interaction ?

EDIT: I haven't tested LIQUID_GLOB or SOLID_GLOB, only breath
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 11:23:01 am by Ombragon »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2013, 12:27:40 pm »

SOLID_GLOB and LIQUID_GLOB only.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44